The End

Guilt and Forgiveness
Aaron had a weird feeling when he got home and took off his rain coat. Now he had done what he could. But he still couldn’t imagine how a life would be without Gui Gui. Speaking about life and death.

Next morning, Aaron was about to cough up all the milk he had just drunk. He sat at the table eating breakfast in his pyjamas. It was Saturday.
But what had shocked him, was the headlines in the newspaper he read:
“The case of Emma Wu’s death still unsolved
- Rumors says that the murderer is still in our town

The death of Emma Wu (18) in March was by the police claimed as a miserable accident. But now rumors in around the town says that it wasn’t; new interviews points in the direction, that it was a planned murderer on the innocent girl.
Alien Huang (18) says:
“I’m new in the town, but my sources tell me that this wasn’t an accident at all; the proposed murderer confessed his sins to an acquaintance of mine not long time ago.”
How trustworthy Mr. Huang’s words are, is still in doubt. He still refuses to say who the proposed murderer is.”
Now he REALLY felt sick enough to stay home.

“Mom? Dad?” he asked at dinner the same day. He had thought about it all day.
“Yes?” his mother said.
“I thought of… If I could go study abroad?” He asked nervously. He couldn’t see any other possibilities. If he got found out, he was as good as death.
“Why do you want to do that?” his father asked.
“Uhm… Just to – try some new, I think it could be a good opportunity to get some experience,” he said quickly.
“But when should that be? Do you think you can handle it?” his mother asked worried. Did this mean there was hope?
“As fast as possible. I can’t stand being in the special school anymore, and I don’t want to go there,” Aaron said.
“Well, I think it’s a good idea. Maybe some new environments will help, and I don’t think there’s much more… reason for you to be in a special school,” his father said. Aaron sighed in relieve.
“Are you sure?” his mother asked. “I mean, he’s still only 18…”
“If he wants to, he should,” his father answered. How Aaron loved his dad right at this moment.
“Well then… One of my friends has a son who is studying in Japan, who really gets a lot from it. I’ll ask her about it at Monday,” his mother said.
“Thank you, dad and mom. It means a lot,” Aaron said and smiled.

Gui Gui finally pulled herself together and took the earphones from the MP3-player into her ears. She turned the MP3 on and saw that there were only one song on it. She listened to it, and heard Aaron sing with his beautiful voice while playing piano. Tears took shape in her eyes again – she had been crying nearly all day.
“Kinda lose my sense of time
'Cause the days don't matter no more
All the feelings that I hide
Gonna tear me up inside
I hope she knows I tried…”
The tears were now flowing down her cheeks.
“…Struggling with a fight inside
Sorrow I'll defeat
The picture I see it won't disappear
Not unpleasant dreams or her voice I hear…”
She heard the song to its end. She was sobbing and crying, but heard it again and again. She took out the short note that Aaron had left with it.
“Gui Gui,
I used my voice to make you know how I feel. But the voice I want to hear the most is yours.
- Aaron.
P.S. Hear the full song on YouTube. Unforgivable Sinner – Lene Marlin.”
YouTube? Why should she go to YouTube? The full song… Didn’t he sing it all?
She opened her computer, still sniffling, but wondering what he meant by this. The message was short, but said a lot.
She finally found the song and discovered that he had changed some of the text; where he sang “I”, the original song said “you”. It was a girl who sang.

At Sunday, Aaron’s mother claimed that she had applied him to the school in Japan. It was set that he should travel to there the next day. He could only start in school after the fall vacation, but he could use some time to get used to the place. His mother would’ve kept him a bit longer, but Aaron had rushed it. The newspaper headlines were still gossiping.
He was really, enormously, all-swallowing-up sad. Gui Gui hadn’t contacted him since he gave her the MP3-player, and he had nearly got up all hope, which was also the reason why he hadn’t called her to tell that he was travelling away. That and the fact that it hurt him to think about leaving her – calling to say it felt so final.
He was checked out of the old school, and had been at the hospital to say goodbye to Jiro and Genie. They seemed happy. How he wished that he could feel the same happiness. When they had asked why, he had used the same explanation as to his parents.
“When you come back, I’ll be fully recovered!” Jiro said.
“And this was actually supposed to be a secret – but Aaron, we will promise to send an invitation for our wedding,” Genie said, and smiled to Jiro who smiled back and took her hand.
“What? You’re getting married?!” Aaron asked, and for a short moment forgot everything else.
“Shh! Keep your voice down, promise not to tell anyone!” Genie said. Aaron promised.

Monday morning. Gui Gui still hadn’t contacted him. He was about to walk out of the door, and had said goodbye to his parents. He was going alone to the airport with his big suitcase.
He really hesitated to leave the house. Why hadn’t Gui Gui talked to him, or at least called?
But at last, he had to go. The taxi was waiting outside.
He arrived at the airplane, and walked in to find his plane. He wished from the bottom of his heart that something or someone could come now and stop him. But he knew he had to leave.
Suddenly, he heard running steps behind him. He could recognize it between all the other sounds around him from the other people at the airport.
He slowly turned around. Gui Gui stopped breathless in front of him. Every single muscle in his body froze.
“I… tried to… call your home-number… but your mom said… that you were already gone…” she gasped. She cleared , and looked up at him. He couldn’t believe this.
“Is it true? You’re going to Japan?” she asked. “I saw the newspapers.”
Aaron could feel the tears take shape in his eyes. He nodded.
Gui Gui suddenly hugged him hard.
“Don’t leave me,” she whispered. “I’ll take with you. I just can’t stand the thought of a life without you. Maybe you’ve done something terrible, but if I have to be apart from you, it’ll get hundred times worse.”
Aaron also hugged her tightly. He couldn’t hold back his tears. He didn’t care about the people around them who glared at them, standing like this and both crying.
“Gui Gui, I love you,” he said. He wasn’t crying from sadness, but from happiness. He had never had such a strong feeling before.
She sniffled.
“I heard the song. The unforgivable sinner is now forgiven,” she said, and looked up at him.
“Thanks you isn’t words enough,” Aaron said, and kissed her.
People stopped to look wondering at them, but they didn’t care.
They finally had each other.

***
A HALF YEAR LATER:
“Aaron, there’s mail for you!” Gui Gui shouted. Aaron came out to look at it, and she kissed him gently on the cheek when he took it.
“It’s from Genie and Jiro,” she said.
Aaron read out loud.
“Dear Gui Gui and Aaron.
Hope you are good in Japan – we’re all happy here.
And guess what?
I and Jiro are getting married! (Well of course, Aaron, you already knew this)
We’d be so pleasured to see you here at the 20th of July for our wedding. And Gui Gui, if it’s okay, I would like to have a meeting with you a bit earlier – you are one of the bridesmaids!
Love, Genie and Jiro.”
“You knew this?!” Gui Gui asked.
“They told me right before I travelled,” Aaron answered, and smiled.
“Well, do you think they’ll be surprised when we reply with another invitation?” Gui Gui asked, and looked at the letter.
“We can go and look at wedding dresses together when I meet her!” she added with teenage girl-shopping-excitement.
“Do you know what? I think we should both go to Taiwan in June. We can announce our wedding when we are there, and you could persuade Genie to be your bridesmaid too,” Aaron said, and looked at his beloved Gui Gui.
“I think I would want Xiao Gui as bridesmaid. Wouldn’t he look lovely in a dress? Chun and Calvin too, of course…”
Aaron laughed.
“As long as it’s not that erted guy from the summer camp, I’m happy whoever you choose,” he said. And kissed her.

***
O M G !!! It’s finished! I can’t believe it… I’m nearly crying xD It has been so nice to write this, and thank you all SO MUCH for all your support – It really means so much, and it was all worth it. Now you have the end of the story <3 hope you like it.
And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE – if you’ve read this whole fanfic, please leave a comment, especially if there are any silent readers. Now that it’s done, it would mean the world if anyone who have read and liked the fanfic, would leave a salute. It doesn’t have to be long or anything, just for me how many people I love :p
Because I love all of you! You’ve supported me through my first fanfic. Thank you.

- Blitz