Sickness and Friends

Guilt and Forgiveness
When Aaron came to school the next day, Gui Gui and Jiro were already there. They sat and whispered to each other and scowled at the guy who started yesterday, Xiao Gui. Who by the way already had made a group of friends, which was uncommon in this school, but this probably came from the respect he had gotten.
Aaron sat down next to Gui Gui.
“I will keep my dog a long, long way from him,” Gui Gui said. Jiro nodded.
“Maybe we shouldn’t judge him this way beforehand,” Aaron said. The others looked surprised at him.
“Aaron, he burned three pets in his hometown! You also saw the way he almost bragged of it yesterday. If he really was underdeveloped in his brain or something, or if he was under the influence of something, it would maybe be different, but the way he is proud of it makes me want to run far away,” Gui Gui said, and looked disgusted. “It would be like befriending a murderer.”
These words hit Aaron so hard, that he couldn’t breathe for some seconds. His headache exploded, but he coughed to hide it.
“What’s wrong?” Gui Gui asked worried.
“I just need some water,” Aaron said, and hurried out of the classroom to the washroom. He puked the second he reached the washbasin.
When he finally could think clearly again, he washed his face and walked back to the classroom, where the teacher had just arrived.
“Mr. Yan, you look really sick. Are you feeling unwell?” the teacher asked.
Aaron shoke his head and sat down. Xiao Gui looked suspicious at him.
“You are really pale!” Gui Gui whispered. “Why did you suddenly become ill? You should go home,” she continued. Aaron became a little happier by hearing her caring words. That was just Gui Gui, always caring for others more than herself.
“I just needed to puke, nothing much, it was… getting pictures in my head of burned pets,” Aaron said in a weak voice.
“You puked?!” Gui Gui whispered.
“Can you two please stop talking?” the teacher said.
“Teacher, can I walk with Aaron home? He feels really unwell, and can’t walk by himself,” Gui Gui said. Some guys in the class laughed taunting.
“I will go too!” Jiro said, and stood up.
“I think Mr. Yan can go by himself,” the teacher said.
“No, I – we really want to go with him,” Jiro said. The guys now laughed louder.
“Just because you don’t have any friends!” Gui Gui yelled at them. This made them quiet.
“Uh, I would more describe it as boyfriend, girlfriend and brother-in-law,” another guy said harshly. Aaron could see Xiao Gui got tense and looked at Gui Gui and Aaron.
“Let’s go,” Gui Gui whispered, pulled Aaron to his feet and helped him out of the classroom with Jiro following them.

When they reached Aaron’s house, his parents weren’t home, which was understandable, as it was only morning.
“I’ll take a cup of water,” Aaron said, but Gui Gui dragged him into his room instead, helped by Jiro.
“I’ll get it for you. Jiro, you should help Aaron to lie down on the bed,” Gui Gui said, and walked out.
Aaron lay down himself, and Jiro sat down beside him.
“Aaron, I’ve noticed something… When you become sick, it comes very suddenly. Why?” Jiro asked.
“Because I am an easily influenced person,” he answered, and closed his eyes. There was silent until Gui Gui came with some water and aspirins.
“You often get headaches, so I thought you needed this…” she said, and gave it to him. He took the aspirins and swallowed the water. Just to drink the water felt good, but even better when Gui Gui laid her hand on his forehead to take his temperature.
“Oh my God, you’re burning hot!” she exclaimed, and took her hand away. “Jiro, can you get some fever-pills? The medicine closet is right over the washbasin in the bathroom…”
Jiro nodded, and ran out.
“How did you know where the medicine closet was?” Aaron asked.
“There was a sign on it,” she answered.
“Oh…”
“Hey, Aaron! Why do you have so many anti-depression pills?” Jiro yelled from the bathroom.
“Just take the right pills and get back!” Gui Gui yelled back.
Jiro came back with the pills, and Aaron took them. They sat some time in silence.
“Thank you,” Aaron said.
“Aaron, why don’t you ever call all friends? I’ve never really heard you say the word,” Jiro asked. Aaron didn’t answer.
“Now that you say it… It’s right!” Gui Gui said.
“Would you… Like me to call you friends?” Aaron said hesitating.
“Of course!” Jiro said immediately.
“Also if… I had done something really terrible?”
“What do you mean?” Gui Gui asked.
“Aiyo, Aaron, you are who you are no matter what, and no matter what, we will still be your friends!” Jiro said. Aaron thought that Jiro’s idea of “really terrible” was something like stealing a bag of candy from a super market, and wondered how he would react to the truth.
“Yes, Aaron. Seriously. Please call us friends, okay?” Gui Gui said in a serious truth. Now Aaron was afraid of how she would react. She could say this now, but I she knew… She probably wouldn’t be like this.
“Thank you… Friends,” Aaron said. Gui Gui smiled faint, but the smile reached her eyes, which twinkled with happiness. Jiro was about to hug him, but due to his condition, he stopped halfway.
“I’ll go buy some lunch,” Gui Gui said. “You two can chat meanwhile.”
She walked out and left Jiro and Aaron in the room.
“Uhm, Aaron… I actually had something to ask you…” Jiro said, and his expression suddenly became unsecure and nervous.
“Go ahead.”
“It’s… it’s about Genie… There’s something…”
“Year?” Aaron said and became attentive.
“I think I like her, very much. But I don’t know how to tell her,” Jiro said, and blushed.
“What keeps you from asking?” Aaron said.
“What if she doesn’t like me? What if she becomes angry?” Jiro said worried.
“Have you ever seen Genie angry? And I think she likes you, Jiro, she blushed deeply when you kissed her on the summer camp…”
“Don’t mention that!” Jiro quickly said.
“Okay, okay.” Aaron thought it was a quite amusing conversation.
“But Aaron, I have another question… I always ask Gui Gui about everything, but this didn’t seem right to ask her, so I decided that it was best to ask you, because you are a boy too…”
“Surprise, surprise. Can you get to the question?” Aaron said a bit impatient.
“Well, I’m sure I like her, because I want to kiss her…” – so straightforward this guy was – “…but there’s also something more. It’s a bit hard to explain,” Jiro said with a worried expression.
Aaron sighed. Poor guy. No one had ever bothered to tell him.
“Do you understand what I mean? When I watch her walk or toss her hair or things like that, I just get a weird feeling. Do you know what it is?” Jiro continued.
“Jiro…” Aaron started, but didn’t know how to continue.
“Do you ever feel that way?” Jiro asked.
“I don’t feel like talking about such things in my current condition, but I think you’ll find out sooner or later,” Aaron said to avoid the question.
“Oh…” Jiro said, and still looked troubled.

Next day in school, their first class was Biology. Aaron must live with some taunting comments from the other guys in the class, but he was actually indifferent.
The teacher came into the classroom.
“Today, we will have ual education class. We…”
It wasn’t possible to hear more, because half of the class (mainly boys) burst into cheering and shouting. Gui Gui rolled her eyes of them, Aaron had predicted this, but Jiro frowned. Aaron suddenly thought about Jiro’s non-existing knowledge about the topic.
When the teacher started teaching, Jiro bit by bit looked like he had got a revelation. Aaron laughed quietly to himself. Now he at least didn’t have to explain all this to Jiro.

I the break, Gui Gui didn’t walk with Jiro and Aaron, but chatted with Genie instead.
Jiro of course couldn’t shut his mouth.
“Aaron didn’t know it, Aaron didn’t know it…” he continued teasing.
“I knew it, Jiro…”
“Why didn’t you tell me then? Aaron didn’t know it, Aaron didn’t know it…”
“Stop it, Jiro! Please! It is only you in the whole class who didn’t know, okay?” Aaron said annoyed.
“I don’t trust you, I don’t trust you…”
“Then – I’ve already tried it!” Aaron said, just to make Jiro shut up. It worked.
“What?! When? With whom?” Jiro asked.
“With… with Gui Gui!” Aaron said the first name that came to his mind.
Jiro looked shocked at him.
“Wow! I’ll ask Gui Gui if it’s true!” he said, and ran over to where Gui Gui and Genie sat.
“No, Jiro---,” Aaron said to stop him, but it was too late. He turned away and tried not to here it.
“Gui, is it right that you’ve done that thing they talked about in Biology with Aaron?” he could hear Jiro ask.
“No-o, where did you get that idea?” Gui Gui said. He could here Genie giggle, and when he took a short look at them, he could see that Gui Gui had blushed.
“Aaron told me,” Jiro said. Did he have to be this straightforward?
He turned around and walked over to them like nothing had happened. Genie nearly couldn’t hold her laughter, and both girls blushed deeply.
“Jiro, I never knew you were so open-minded. I could also tell Genie a thing or two, but…” Aaron said.
“No! Don’t tell!” Jiro said.
“What about me?” Genie asked.
“Jiro told me something yesterday…” Jiro cut him of.
“Nothing!” he quickly said.
Right at this moment, Xiao Gui came over.
“Aaron, I want to speak to you,” he said, didn’t wait for reply, and dragged Aaron along. Aaron could hear the others chatting in the background, about why Aaron had said that about Gui Gui.
“I will advise you to keep away from Gui Gui,” Xiao Gui said.
“And why that?” Aaron tried to sound harsh.
“Because I know something about you that I don’t think you want her to know. Do you know who my step-sister is?”
“Who?”
“Sam has told me a lot about you, and I’ve looked forward to meet you. Of course she thought that I would keep your little secret, but I’m not that obedient,” he said coldly.
How could he know? Why did Sam tell him? She had promised to keep it a secret.
“Gui Gui doesn’t even want you, she is disgusted by you!” Aaron said.
“It can be changed, especially if she finds out that her boyfriend murdered her twin sister. It’ll be easy to take your place in her heart then,” Xiao Gui said and smirked.
“Never!” Aaron said. “Never. She isn’t such a simple person as you think.”
“We’ll see. I know how to get what I want,” he said, and walked away, leaving Aaron with no idea about what to do.
“Aaron!! Hurry! Jiro suddenly fainted!” Gui Gui shouted.
Why should all the bad things happen today?

***
New chappie for you :P
Now I’ve used so many hours to write, I really hope you will comment. I really want to know what my readers think, so I can keep on writing a story you like. So please comment!!
Xiao Gui gets more evil and knows Aaron's secret, Jiro suddenly faints… What happens next?
- Blitz