Secrets

Guilt and Forgiveness
When Aaron woke up, a bunch of people was standing around him. Gui Gui sat beside his bed and hold his hand. Jiro, Genie, Ella, Selina, Hebe, some boys and the teachers from his school were standing over him.
“Here, drink some water,” Gui Gui said, and gave him a cup of water. She helped him to sit up in the bed, and Jiro supported him in the back.
Aaron drank some water.
“What happened? Aaron, why did you faint?” Jiro said worried.
“I… I don’t know…” Aaron said.
“Did Wang Zi hurt you?!” Jiro nearly shouted, and wanted to run to find Wang Zi, but was stopped by the psychologist from their school, who grabbed his shirt by the shoulder.
“What about Wang Zi? Did Aaron fight with him?” He sounded serious.
“It was Wang Zi who punched him! And shouted at him, because… I actually don’t know why,” Jiro said.
“Aaron, is this true? You didn’t intend to fight?”
Aaron shook his head to avoid the question. Gui Gui hurried to say:
“It was just a misunderstanding.”
Aaron looked at her, and first at this point he remembered why Wang Zi was angry at him. He looked down in the bedding as he blushed.
But why was Wang Zi angry at him? What was exactly his relation to Gui Gui?
“Are you sure it was just a misunderstanding?” the other teacher asked.
“Yes.” Gui Gui asked.
“Then why did you faint, Aaron? Do you feel ill?” the psychologist asked him. “Is it your headache again?”
Aaron nodded. He had told the psychologist about his tendency to get headache when he felt stressful. The psychologist looked at him, with a mixed look of suspicious and worried.

Aaron slept until lunchtime next day. No one had woke him up, as they thought he needed some sleep.
After lunch, where Wang Zi and Aaron avoided each other, and Gui Gui was silent all the time, which made Jiro’s situation pretty difficult (he chose to talk with Genie instead), they were giving permission to go bathing. Aaron didn’t want to; he wasn’t in the mood for it, so Jiro walked with Wang Zi and some of the others to the beach.
Gui Gui stayed back to, and she ended up sitting next to Aaron, while those who also stayed back were playing football.
Gui Gui cleared .
“Uhm… Aaron, I’m very sorry about Wang Zi yesterday. He doesn’t use to be like that,” she said, and glanced furtively at him. She seemed unsecure of what to say, or how to handle the situation. She hadn’t forgotten the reason why Wang Zi was angry neither.
Aaron suddenly felt angry.
“Gui Gui, tell me why he reacted like that! I don’t want to be a third part. I don’t want to be any part at all,” Aaron said, without looking at her.
“Aaron, what do you mean?” she said, and sounded at the same time confused and determined.
Aaron hesitated before answering. The reason why he rejected her, already before something really started, was because he couldn’t see himself as boyfriend to the twin sister of the girl he murdered. He couldn’t even call himself her friend without feeling guilty.
“I want to know if Wang Zi is your boyfriend.” He finally said, still without looking at her.
She looked shocked at first, and then angry.
“What if he is? You don’t care anyway!” she shouted, and walked away, leaving Aaron alone at the bench. He soon walked to the forest, to sit on the nearly-done terrace in the big tree.
He could see far away when he sat there, but wanted to climb higher. This should be the highest tree in the forest.
He wasn’t bad at climbing, and was soon in the top of the tree, as high as he could get before the branches became too thin to bear his weight. He was right; this was the highest tree in the forest. He could watch the sea from this point.

The situation at dinner was, if possible, worse than at lunch. Gui Gui started to chat happily with Wang Zi, who was glad to welcome her friendliness, but she totally ignored Aaron. Jiro was confused about this change. He sat between Aaron and Genie, and when Aaron seemed moody, he chatted with Genie instead. Genie looked suspicious at Gui Gui and Aaron, and sometimes didn’t hear what Jiro was saying (which sometimes also could be hard to understand sometimes, as he blabbered a lot). She had been very happy yesterday, as if she had done some good deed, but now she looked like something wasn’t going as she planned.
Gui Gui sometimes looked at Aaron, but turned away as soon as he looked back.
When they were done eating, Genie walked straight to Gui Gui and dragged her away immediately, as she knew she wouldn’t get any information from Aaron. Aaron didn’t see them the rest of the evening, and somehow didn’t want to.

Next day, Aaron tried to avoid Gui Gui as much as possible, and therefore spent the day with Jiro, who seemed happy that Aaron wanted to keep him company, as he had relied on Genie the last few days. He tried to ask Aaron about Gui Gui, but Aaron avoided him every time, so he soon dropped the topic, and started to talk happily about painting and sea-bathing.
Aaron thought about the picture Jiro painted in art education at their school. That felt so long time ago. He thought about that it was only three months since he transferred to the special school.
With Jiro’s company, Aaron became happier as the day proceeded, and had nearly forgotten everything about the situation with Gui Gui when they walked to the beach the bath.
But at the beach, they found Genie and Gui Gui, who had just been in the water, and was about to lie in the sun on their towels.
Gui Gui froze halfway from the shore to the place where their towels lay when she saw them. Genie smiled and waved at them. She shouted at them to come over to them.
Jiro ran to her to lay his towel next to hers, and they started chatting. Aaron and Gui Gui stood and stared at each other. Gui Gui’s hair was curly from the salt water, her cheeks were colored from the fresh air, and her eyes were shining from the exercise. Aaron hadn’t ever seen anything more beautiful.
She turned her head away from him, and sat down on her towel next to Genie. Aaron was about to put his towel next to Jiro, when Genie said:
“Oh no, Aaron, you can’t lie so close to the bush like that! Lie next to Gui instead!”
Aaron hesitated, and Gui Gui blushed, but Genie and Jiro smiled informed to each other, like they had planned it all.
Aaron slowly put his towel next to Gui Gui, who insisted on looking at Genie. But to her surprise, Genie just smiled encouraging and nodded in Aaron’s direction, before she turned to Jiro. Had Gui Gui told her about…?
Gui Gui turned slowly to Aaron, like Genie had told her to.
“So… What have you and Jiro done today?” she asked carefully. Aaron kept his determined silence.
“Can you answer me?” she asked in an irritated tone.
“When you answer my question yesterday,” Aaron said. Gui Gui looked troubled, but then said:
“Okay, I’ll answer you. But not here. Let’s go to the water.”
She got on her feet and walked towards the bathing jetty.

***
I hope you liked this chapter :) please, please write a comment!
WANG ZI’S SECRET IN NEXT CHAPTER! (I think xD)

- Blitz