Guilty

Guilt and Forgiveness
The door bell rang. Aaron jumped out of bed and discovered that he was still in pyjamas – but that didn’t matter. He squeezed the mobile phone in his hand.
He opened the door. Gui Gui stood outside. She had her school bag with her; she looked strained.
“I, uhm… came as I promised, but… I don’t really know what to say,” she said, and looked down at the ground.
Aaron bit his lip.
“There’s nothing more to hide then,” he said. She looked up.
“So it’s true then?” she nearly whispered. “What Xiao Gui said?”
“I actually wanted to tell you when you came over today, but Xiao Gui…” Aaron had to swallow.
“Come in,” he ended up saying.
Gui Gui walked inside the house and followed Aaron to a living room with big windows that covered the wall that faced the back-garden.
Aaron sat down on a sofa. Gui Gui took off her bag and sat down next to him.
“Please tell me that Xiao Gui lied. I can’t believe this,” she said with a shattering voice.
"It’s true. I murdered your sister," Aaron said, looking directly into her eyes.
"N-no, Aaron, stop joking." Gui Gui didn't want to believe him, and sat down on the edge of the sofa. She hided her face in her hands.
"I've never been more serious. On the 7th March, I forced your sister to drive into the ditch, so Chun and Calvin could steal her money. Next day I red in the paper she was death. I only saw the blood running from her forehead."
"This can't be true," Gui Gui whispered.
“It is,” Aaron said, and took a deep breath.
Gui Gui didn’t say anything. She still hided her face.
“Aaron… This is… why didn’t you t-tell it before?” she said through her tears.
“If I told it the first day we met, wouldn’t you then have despised me?”
No answer.
“I can’t describe how bad I feel…” But Gui Gui cut him off.
“If you’d just told before I fell so deeply in love his you,” she sobbed. Aaron was baffled.
“In lo…?”
“Yes, Aaron, in love. But it just makes it hurt even more,” she said.
“Gui, I didn’t ever mean to… hurt neither you nor her.”
“I know,” she whispered. “But I need some time to think about this.”
“I understand,” he said, and could feel his heart fall with the weight of steal to his stomach. He looked away.
“Then… I will go,” she said, and without looking at him, she took her bag and walked back to the entrance door. Aaron followed, and grabbed her arm right before she walked out.
“Gui, I don’t expect for you to forgive me, because I know that what I’ve done can’t just be undone; but I still hope that you can take in your thoughts that I regret it more than anything else. I’ve broke my bike, I’ve vomited, have headaches, fever, nausea over myself. And most of all – I love you more than life itself.”
Gui Gui looked at him with tears all over her face. She nodded, and walked out of the door.

Aaron took out a MP3-player from his drawer. He was again home from school. It would be unbearable to see Gui Gui in class.
He said in front of the piano and started playing. After some hours, he finally stopped and walked into his room again to get on the computer.

When he could figure out that Gui Gui was home, he walked over to her house. It was raining, so he had a big raincoat on.
He knocked the door.
The door opened, and Gui Gui seemed baffled to find him standing there. Her eyes were red and swollen.
“Please take this,” he said, and gave her the MP3-player and a piece of paper with a short message.
She took it hesitating, and looked at it. When she looked up again, he was gone.

***
Building up for !
I know this was a short chapter, but I promise the next will be longer :)
Thanks for all your lovely comments! It REALLY means a lot. Please comment, especially if there are any silent readers :)

- Blitz