Back in School

Guilt and Forgiveness
They nearly didn’t manage to ring the bell before Jiro rushed out of the door and hugged Aaron.
“Aaroooon!” he said. Aaron felt helpless.
“Hey Jiro, good to… see you,” he said. “See” maybe wasn’t the right word.
Jiro loosened his grasp so Aaron could breath again (that guy had too many muscles), and saw Gui Gui in the door opening. When Jiro went to hug poor Genie, Aaron took the change to walk over to Gui Gui.
“Come in!” she said and smiled her brightest and cutest smile.
“Maybe we should have mercy on Genie and distract Jiro before he smashes her spine completely,” Aaron said. Gui Gui agreed with a laugh.
“Jiro! Aaron has a gift for you!” she shouted. Jiro turned away from Genie, who gasped for her breath, and ran over to him.
Aaron had just managed to whisper “Have I?” to Gui Gui before Jiro stood in front of him and smiled like a child on Christmas eve.
He thought fast, and dragged something from his pocket.
“Jiro, this is a notebook. I originally bought it for myself, but I think your own notebook has run out of clear pages.”
Jiro took the little notebook (it was in A6 size) and looked at it. He took his old notebook out, and compared them. The new was shining black and not used at all, and the old was… let’s just say ‘used’.
“Thank you Aaron! How did you know I needed a new?” he asked happily. Genie had now gathered enough oxygen to be able to walk over to them with her bags.
“It was just a passing thought,” Aaron said. Gui Gui noticed Genie’s shopping bags, so there wasn’t any more time for chatting about notebooks. Gui Gui pushed them all inside the door, and exclaimed her happiness about that Genie was there too. Her parents were out of the house, and they walked to Gui Gui’s room, which carried traces of Jiro’s presence. There were paper cuts spread out everywhere. Jiro had obviously dedicated the afternoon to this purpose.
“I’m sorry that here is a bit messed up,” Gui Gui said with a accusing gaze at Jiro.
“But SOMEONE has used the whole afternoon on cutting in paper.” Jiro looked guilty.
“No problem,” Genie said, and then started to show Gui Gui all the new clothes she had bought.
“Jiro, should we consecrate the new notebook?” Aaron asked.
“Yay!” Jiro said, and they sat down at Gui Gui’s desk. Jiro wrote “WORDS” on the front-page with his scrawls.
“What should be the first word?” Aaron asked.
“I don’t know. Oh, I know! ‘Consecrate’! How do you spell it?”
Aaron spelled the word to him, and decided what to give Jiro for his birthday.
“When is your birthday?” Aaron asked.
“Huh… 24th of August, how about you?” Jiro said.
“Wow, that’s soon! I have the 20th November.”
“I look forward for school to start again.”
“Do you?” Aaron asked. When he thought about it, he did too.
“Year. Especially the breaks,” Jiro said, and Aaron laughed.

The Monday where school started again, wasn’t a real school day. It was most about saying hello to each other after the vacation (even though the most students were more insane than friendly) and getting books and schedules. Gui Gui sat next to Aaron, but as they had seen each other nearly the whole vacation, it wasn’t that big of a meeting. When the bell rang, the teacher asked them to keep quiet and sit down.
“We have two new students in this class this year. The first one is a student who is already in this school, but has changed class because he was bullied in his old class. Let’s welcome Jiro Wang,” the teacher said, and Gui Gui and Aaron was so surprised and happy, that they nearly couldn’t speak. Jiro walked inside the door with his bright smile. He ran to Aaron’s table, and Gui Gui hugged him.
“How great Jiro, how come you didn’t tell us about it?” she asked happily. Aaron couldn’t do anything but smile.
“I didn’t know until yesterday, and I wanted it to be a surprise…”
The teacher cut him of.
“Mr. Wang, can you please introduce yourself before chatting with your friends.”
“Oh, of course,” Jiro said. The rest of the class looked uninterested, except for those who tried to judge Jiro as both opponent and conspirator. None of them seemed to mind Aaron and Gui Gui’s over-whelming welcome.
Jiro walked up and stood next to the teacher.
“Hello, my name is Jiro Wang, but you can call me Jiro. I look forward to be in this class,” he said and bowed. The teacher asked him to sit down next to Aaron, which he did.
“The other new student just transferred to this school. He lived in another town before, but moved to here about a week ago. He can present himself,” the teacher said, and waved to someone at the door. A boy walked in with a relaxed and a bit cold appearance.
“Hello. My name is Alien Huang, but you can call me Xiao Gui,” the guy said. He didn’t smile, and looked judging around the classroom. He cocked his head a little.
“I’m not afraid of telling the reason why I’m here. The government doesn’t dare to place me in a normal school, neither does my mother or step-father. They don’t know what else to do about me, as they are in doubt about my mental situation, so they placed me in this distant village and hoped for me to stop burning people’s pets,” he said coldly. It was like a cold breeze went through the classroom. The teacher looked like she should’ve avoided this. But then an admiring mumbling started between some of the boys in the class – those who had done something similar themselves, but of a lower degree.
Xiao Gui smiled superior, like he had gotten the reaction he wanted.
Gui Gui looked like she wanted to puke, and Jiro frowned so it looked like his eyebrows had grown together. Aaron looked at the new guy with disgust in his gaze. Maybe he had murdered someone, but he didn’t enjoy it.
Xiao Gui sat down two tables away from Gui Gui, and had seemed to notice her. If he as much as thought of considering talking to her, Aaron would for sure make him regret the day he was born. And it wouldn’t be pretty.
“How disgusting!” Gui Gui whispered to Aaron. Aaron nodded.
“He burned people’s pets? He shouldn’t even be in this kind of school, more the closed ward,” she continued.
“He seems to have a good eye for you though,” Aaron said. Gui Gui turned her head and looked at Xiao Gui, who smiled. Not a friendly smile, a crafty smile.
“His nickname sure matches – ‘Little Devil’,” Gui Gui said.

***
Xiao Gui appeared – and he is a bit insane xD don’t worry, he won’t burn any more pets. At least it will not be described if he does. And he is the half-brother of Sam – they have the same father (notice that he said ‘step-father’ – Sam is one year older than him)
Second chapter of the day :D hope you like it, please please please comment.
- Blitz