Twin

Guilt and Forgiveness
Aaron walked through the next weeks without smiling, which he used to do all the time before. The love confessions by girls from his school became lesser, and people started scowling after him. He didn't really care. He walked to school, was late for classes as he didn't want to take the bloody steel horse standing in his garden, and forgot his books. The teachers began to give up at him, and just sighed very loud when he arrived at least half an hour late, with disheveled hair an crumpled uniform. He was often called to the principal's office, but they didn't get anything from asking him questions - he didn't answer anyways.
One day he overheard a conversation in the class, a group of girls talking during break.
"What happened to Aaron lately? He is all so... spiritless," one of the girls said.
"Yeah, he hasn't combed his hair, in like, a month! Also those basket guys, Chun and Calvin. But not to this degree," another said.
"Maybe something terrible happened to them. Like that poor girl from the other class, Gui Gui, you know? Her sister died in an accident."
"Oh yeah, it was so sad. It stood all over the newspapers, and they even said it in TV."
"I heard she gets therapy. But it doesn't seem to help. She is about to switch school."
"I would really like to know what happened to Aaron. He used to be so cheerful and friendly. I actually had a crush on him once."
"Yeah, me too..."
Aaron didn't want to hear more. He walked home, to shrink and crawl into a mouse hole and stay there forever. If he could.
At dinner, his parents looked worried at him as always. He ate his food, but without emotion. It was like all of his senses were gone.
"Honey, dad and I have been thinking. The principal contacted us two days ago and we had a meeting. He recommends that you change school," his mom said, sounding insecure. Aaron just continued eating.
"Uhm... You have been acting a bit... strange lately, did something happen you want to tell us?" his father asked, stating his frog-gaze at him. How he hated that gaze. He just wanted to be a mosquito, flying around in the air. His life felt quite as meaningless.
"Why don't you talk? You used to talk a lot, and smile. I haven't seen you smile for something near a month." His mother looked very worried.
Why couldn't they just understand he weren't worth their attention? Couldn't they just let him be? His father seemed to read his thoughts.
"Aaron, we care a lot about you, you are our only son. We want the best for you. We..."
"WHY DON'T YOU JUST OFF WITH THAT SUGAR-SWEET CHATTING-CRAP? LIKE I CARE?!" Aaron suddenly felt all the blood in his body stream to his head, as he got on his feet and shouted at his parents.
"This is just how I am. This is how I want to be." He hadn't told a bigger lie since he denied to have held ink into the washing-machine when he was five.
"Aaron, what's the matter with you? Are you crazy, shouting like that?" His father also got on his feet.
"Yes, I'm crazy! Crazy of all your therapy talking!" Aaron's head burned like fire, he couldn't stand it, grabbed his plate and threw it against the wall. He ran out of the house and ran farther and farther down the street, trying to escape the pain in his head.

Next day, his parents kept him at home. His mind was a blend of despondentness and anger. He didn't knew who or what he was angry at, or why. But sometimes he just really wanted to go to the garden with a big axe and crash his bike. Maybe that was the thing he was angry at.
A doctor came to their house. He couldn't immediately find something wrong with his physical health, but when he started chatting friendly with Aaron, Aaron suddenly got a new fit of rage. Then they called for the psychologist.

Around a week later, they came to a solution, together with the principal and teachers at his school; he should change to a school with special therapy and special teachers and all that stuff. Aaron didn't care, except that he was happy that he didn't have to see Chun and Calvin anymore. The way everybody stared at him was unbearable.

First day in school; he walked into the classroom, which was big and white and clean, with single tables. The teacher presented him to the class.
"Students, this is Aaron Yan. He has just transferred from a normal high school, where he... But his parents wanted him to apply this school instead. Hope you will be nice to him. Any questions?"
Aaron looked out at the class. The half of them looked pretty indifferent. The other half was a very mixed group.
Only one person raised her hand. A girl. A girl that shouldn't be there.
He felt like running away, but his legs was stuck to the ground. This couldn't be. But this appearance was too unique.
"Yes, Gui Gui?" the teacher asked.
"Yes. I would like to ask why Aaron changed to this school? He walked to my previous school, where he was very popular." She looked very honest.
"Well..." the teacher began, but Aaron cut her of.
"W-who are you?" he stammered. He still couldn't believe his own eyes, and his headache returned.
"My name is Gui Gui. I'm also pretty new in this school. If you don't want to say why you're here, I don't mind. But I am not afraid to tell that I am here because of my twin sister's death. I couldn't bear to be with all my friends after that. She died in an accident. You must have heard about it...?"
"Oh... Yes, I... I read it in the newspaper," Aaron said, and he could feel his legs again. It wasn't a ghost. But maybe the twin sister of the girl he murdered was worse than a ghost.
"Oh great! Then, if you two know each other, then Gui Gui can guide you around the school!" The teacher looked happy.
Gui Gui smiled a little, then looked down in her book again. Aaron said "thank you" and sat down at a free table.
Great. Could it get any worse? Now he was to be guided by a girl who, even only by her appearance, reminded him of the thing is this world, he wanted to forget the most.

***
Gui Gui appeared 8D
Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
If any silent readers, please please please write a comment, it makes me so happy that I could sing... But I won't do that, as my singing is pretty bad xD
An irritating fly is annoying me. Since it's around my bedtime, I will not update more today, but I will write again tomorrow :)

- Blitz