Understand yourself...?

Guilt and Forgiveness
LAST CHAPTER:

Wang Zi stood like frozen, but then his eyes got tearful.
“Could a rejection be clearer?” he asked.
“You don’t love me, and I only love you like a brother. You should realize that too.”
Wang Zi got a nondescript look in his eyes.

***

“Who says you can decide that?!” he said loud, and grabbed Gui Gui’s shoulders.
“I do. I understand how you feel, you are sick of missing Emma. I am too. More than you think. But a wise person told me, that instead of trying to forget it, I should try to live with it,” Gui Gui said. She looked very serious, and ignored that Wang Zi’s grabbed harder on her shoulders.
Aaron’s feelings were really mixed. Gui Gui had actually followed his advice? He suddenly thought that Gui Gui had a very strong mind. He could not do such a thing himself.
But then, this was his entire fault. Hadn’t it been for him, Gui Gui would still have her twin sister, and Wang Zi would still have his fiancée. That was the thing he couldn't forget, nor live with.
“How can I do that?!” Wang Zi’s voice became shrill, and tears started running from his eyes.
“If I can, you can too. I’ve already said that I understand how you feel.”
“No! No you don’t, then you wouldn’t be talking so lightly about…”
Gui Gui cut him of.
“You don’t even understand yourself!” she said very loud. “Clear your mind. You don’t understand yourself, you don’t understand me. Only two persons in this world do, and they are not my parents. They are the only persons I can talk to without constantly being compared with and mistaken for my sister! I miss her like hell, but I want to be a unique person, and not just a copy of her, like everybody makes me,” she shouted. Wang Zi loosened his grasp on her shoulders, and looked like he lost all energy in his body. He looked despondent at the ground.
“I’m sorry, Wang Zi,” Gui Gui whispered, and looked truly sorry. “We could have been like brother and sister now, if not… But I will continue to look at you as a very good brother. Think of me as a sister too.”
Wang Zi looked up. He smiled, but it was a sorrowful smile.
“Can you then tell me who these two lucky persons are?” he asked. Aaron sat anxious behind the bush where him and Jiro hided, while Jiro had found a ladybug which he found more interesting.
Gui Gui said:
“It’s none of your business. But I’m glad that you didn’t get violent like you use to.”
Aaron suddenly remembered the purpose of him and Jiro hiding in the bush.
“Please keep away from me for some time. If you keep on watching me, you will never get over Emma,” she said, and now she also got tears in her eyes. They had after all been very good friends for many years.
“Now I understand,” Wang Zi said. “Goodbye.”
“Goodbye,” Gui Gui said, and watched Wang Zi as he turned around and walked back towards the farm. When he was out of sight, she squatted down and hided her head in her arms.
Aaron pushed Jiro, who was busy with wiping something of his hand (the ladybug had obviously peed on him), and ran to Gui Gui and squatted beside her. Jiro perceived what had happened, and did the same as Aaron.
“Gui Gui, why are you crying? Don’t cry, Gui Gui,” Jiro said worried, and laid his hand on her back.
She sniffled and looked up at them.
“Thank you,” she said through her tears.
“For what? What did we do?” Jiro asked confused.
“Jiro, have you drunken coffee again? You are talking too fast for us to understand,” Aaron said. Gui Gui laughed a little.
“It’s okay. No matter what, talking to you two makes me feel better,” Gui Gui said. “I feel like a real person. My parents always look at me with sorrow, a lot of people react strange when they see me, like I really am a ghost, and people like Wang Zi also confuses me with my sister. Talking to all those people makes me feel worse. But when I’m with you, I feel that I am an unique person, and not a copy of my sister.”
Aaron nodded. Jiro looked confused. Too many sentences for him to understand. Aaron noticed his expression.
“She feels happy and carefree when she chats with us,” he said. Jiro lightened in a bright smile, hugged Gui Gui and then got on his feet and danced happily around. Soon he sat down a little away from them, most likely because he found a grasshopper or another kind of bug.
When Aaron and Gui Gui finally stopped laughing, Aaron looked at Gui Gui and said:
“You actually remembered what I told you.”
“I remember everything you tell me,” she said. “But the thing I mentioned here means a lot to me. It is like, my motto, or mode of life.” She smiled slight.
There was silent for a few seconds. Then Aaron felt like he had to say something.
“Huh… You can always rely on us. When there is not a more interesting bug in a radius of five meters.”
Gui Gui laughed, and they looked at Jiro, who still poked around with something on the ground.
Aaron and Gui Gui still squatted at the ground, and Aaron could feel his legs starting to ache. When he was just about to get on his feet, Gui Gui suddenly did something that surprised him. She leaned towards him and hugged him, but as he was squatting, he lose his balance and fell backwards with Gui Gui over him.
Gui Gui didn’t loose her grab around him, she just closed her eyes.
“Uhm… Gui… Someone might misunderstand this…” he said hesitating.
“Bug-guy? He doesn’t even know what “gay” means.”
“If someone comes by…”
Aaron stopped talking. Why didn’t Gui Gui feel awkward? She was practically lying over him while hugging him. It felt wrong.
Would she hug him, if she knew what he had done?
Just when he thought about this, Gui Gui said:
“You don’t know how much you’ve helped me through this. I think I would’ve become insane or something if not you and Jiro had been there for me.”
Well, maybe his conscience would have mercy on him for a while.
Just when he had laid his arms around her too, someone actually came by.

***
I’m home for mini-vacation, and can write again :D how I l-o-v-e to write <3
Hope you l-o-v-e the story too xD

NEXT CHAPTER:
Then it was Jiro’s turn to ask.
“Aaron, truth or dare?”
Aaron thought a little, and then said:
“Truth.”
“Yay! Then I’ll ask you, have you ever kissed someone?”
---
Please leave a comment! I love comments. Very much. Extremely. If I could, I would eat comments, I think they would taste good. They look good.

xD

- Blitz