Their Past, Their Secrets

Unending Love

Kyungsoo held his coat tighter, not really because of the cold autumn, afternoon wind, but more because of the boy trailing beside him. He was really shocked at the way the other reacted a while ago. He almost had him fooled. Now you must be wondering how the younger boy acted that Kyungsoo is a little paranoid about him… Well, this is what happened…

A while ago in the classroom, Kyungsoo was in a state of shock as he was pulled into the classroom. Immediately regaining his senses, Kyungsoo bit the hand covering his mouth and moved away when the hold loosened.

“Who are you and what do you want?” Kyungsoo shouted while holding his bag, in a weak attempt to put space between him and the stranger.

“Relax hyung. I’m here to confess.” The boy said as he held up his hands.

“What?”

“I’m Kai and I’ve been noticing you for a while now.”

“What?” Kyungsoo said again with wide eyes.

“I love you, Do Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo stopped talking then wondered.

“Wait, how did you know my name?”

“I didn’t.”

“But you just said my name…” He argued as he looked at the boy.

“Would you believe me if I told you it was fate?”

With that, Kyungsoo decided to let them get to know each other first. He had to admit he was a bit curious about Kai. There seems to be a mysterious air around him. Kai wanted to take him out on a date but Kyungsoo thought that maybe Kai could start walking him home first.

Usually, he took the car with Suho but he figured that Suho needed some time to himself. Even if Suho’s busy, he finds away to make time for them and Kyungsoo decided that since he knows how to cook, he took the responsibility of cooking and caring for the members like Suho does, but the cooking.

Upon arriving at their dorm, Kyungsoo faced Kai.

“Thanks for the walk home and… I’m sorry about the bite.” The older apologized as he felt the other boring a hole on his back on the way home.

“No, it’s okay… Besides, I got to see you. It’s enough for me.” Kai said, although whispered the last part more to his own self.

“What?” Kyungsoo asked making sure he heard it right. But Kai just stared at him then shook his head. In a few seconds of silence, Kyungsoo moved to go inside when he felt a tug on his shoulder. He saw Kai with a pout. The younger boy pointed to his cheek.

“Don’t tell me… you want a k-ki-kiss?!” Kyungsoo stuttered out. He was both worried and a little happy at the cuteness Kai is capable of. He characterized this personality of Kai as something that might cure or kill him at the same time.

“Hyung~” Kai whined as he closed his eyes, tilting his head to the side. Hesitantly, Kyungsoo put his bag in a more comfortable position and he walked forward. With Kai’s eyes closed, Kyungsoo thought of something. He pressed his fingers to his lips and pat in on Kai’s cheeks.

“Hyung, that wasn’t what I meant–” Kai was stopped short as Kyungsoo cupped his face, standing of his tip toes, and gave him a soft kiss of the forehead. A little shocked, Kai could only watch as Kyungsoo ran back to the dorm with a red face and a small ‘bye’.

“In all his past lives, I finally found him. Instead of surprising him, I was the one instead.” Kai said as he walked away with a smile on his face.

“Usually he falls in love with me first…” he chuckled as he looked at a silver anklet in his hands, a pair to the one he wears.

“I have never fallen for him this hard and this quick before.” His brown eyes turned amber for a minute but he blinked it away.

“No, wait. I still have three more months. Keep quiet.” No one heard him. The boy snapped his fingers and disappeared, not knowing that a pair of owl-like eyes saw him.

***

When Chanyeol got home, he saw Luhan, Kyungsoo, Suho, Chen, and Tao in the living room. They were sitting in a circle.

“Chanyeol, get changed and come sit here.” Suho ordered.

“What’s going on?” The giant said as he observed the tense mood hanging in the room.

“Just do what I asked.” Suho said. In a few minutes, Chanyeol joined the group and waited.

“They’re back.” Suho broke the uncomfortable silence.

“Did everyone meet the others?” The other five nodded.

“Kyungsoo, what happened?

“It seems they’re not telling us about their real form, as well as their intention.”

“They’re hiding something.” Chen added.

“Should we tell them that the curse has ended? Should we tell them about us?” Tao asked.

“Not yet. We have to–” Suho stopped talking as he laid his eyes on Chanyeol, more specifically that piece of accessory on his neck.

“Where did you get that?” He pointed. The happy virus smiled.

“My Baekkie gave it to me!” Chanyeol cheered.

“Me too, I got his from Kris-ge.” Tao said as he held up the panda comforter.

“This bracelet is from Sehunnie.” Luhan said with a smile and a small jump in his seat. Suho sighed and shook his head.

“I met Xiumin and gave him his favorite baozi!” Chen excitedly said.

“Aw, our oldest cousin still likes his baozi!” Luhan cheered as he shook Kyungsoo a little too hard. Kyungsoo responded by hitting Luhan’s hand away from his shirt.

“You’ll give me a headache.”

“Never mind... Now, none of us must tell them about this. It might cause some problems.” Suho reminded.

“So what do we do?” Tao asked.

“Act human and don’t set any dates when the moon’s eyes are closed. Except for you Chen, don’t set any dates when the moon is wide awake.” The six music students watched some movies till late in the night since they had the next day off.

***

“How were your interactions with them today?” Kris asked as they too sat in a circle on the floor.

 They are currently living in a rather big house near the music school. They’ve been watching over their other halves for a while now and hoped to reunite in less than three months.

“It was fine.” Baekhyun said in a monotone voice. Everyone looked at him.

“Fine. What did you do?” Xiumin asked.

“I jumped on him.”

“Baekhyun!”

“Relax, I didn’t mean like that. You erted hyung…” Kris kept quiet.

“Suho is still as kind as ever.” Lay answered softly as he leaned his back on the sofa, about to drift off to sleep.

“How are Luhan and Kyungsoo?” Xiumin asked about his human cousins.

“Luhan still likes bubble tea and his hair is blonde now…” Sehun answered as he held a Rubik’s cube in his hands. It was a present for Luhan the next time they meet.

“I think I scared Kyungsoo a little bit.” Kai answered as he held up his hand. Sure enough, there were the marks of Kyungsoo’s dull teeth in it. It wasn’t as obvious as a while ago but it’s there.

“What did you do to my precious owl cousin?!” Xiumin moved to strangle Kai but was held back by Sehun.

“I just pulled him in the classroom and confessed my love for him. You know, like in those dramas…” This seemed to stop the oldest wolf’s anger but he still glared at Kai.

“So what happens now? We met them.”

“Stick to the plan. No full moons and you know yours Xiumin…” With that, the meeting was done. However, a dream plagued one of the wolves that night, despite being able to see his other half.

***

There were twelve mischievous wolves who messed around in a village. Eventually, the deity protecting the village put a spell on them. She separated the wolves from their other halves.

“You can break it united, but a slave to it separated.” She switched one wolf from each group.

She said as she turned to the first group and gave them their spell. The leaves were flying around before falling to the ground.

“With a turn of the leaves, you will change.

In a change in time, you will grieve.

Beware the days the moon is sleepy.

But be free when she is drowsy.”

Turning to the second group, she also gave them their spell.

“Be the wolf you are and you will lose them.

Only in the eyes of selflessness and love, you will find them.

Beware the days of her opened eyes spent.

Roam out when the moon is somnolent.”

With one last leaf, the deity said a few words only to first group.

“The turn when only three moons are present,

The last full moon wolf will be free.

From mortals to wolves, you will change.

Tell no one until the three moons are spent.”

 

***

The next morning, Kyungsoo was awakened by a bright light that made its way through the openings in the living room window. He must’ve fallen asleep in the living room sofa. Kyungsoo remembered that his friends must’ve known that being a light sleeper, when he wakes up it’s hard to get back to sleep. He blinks his eyes opened and heard some sounds from the kitchen. He gasped when he saw that person turn around.

“What are you doing here?!” He said and hugged the other person in the kitchen.

 

******

Red Writer’s Note: Hey guys~ I’m sorry for not posting this yesterday with the others. >_< I had a splitting headache and had to turn in early for the night just before I could finish this chapter. Huhuhu~ Anyway, enough of me and on with the story!