Waning Gibbous

Unending Love

It has been almost two weeks since Luhan’s departure to Beijing. Sehun found himself anxious to the point that he barely eats his usual servings. The older wolves were troubled since Sehun is still growing—the less he maintains his health, the more unstable his wolf would be since it would established that the human side is neglecting its life.

Sehun was curled up underneath the sheets. His more rational side was arguing that Luhan needed to go to Beijing because his family needed him. However, it seemed easier to listen to the more selfish side that argued Luhan needs to be here with him. A broken whine left him as he restlessly tried to move around the bed, taking care not to make the scent disappear. However, it has been weeks and Sehun could smell more of himself than of Luhan in the sheets. Just then, he had a thought. If Luhan returned then, he would tell Sehun to take a bath—totally bypassing a hug.

The maknae pondered this for a minute before going outside of Luhan’s room. After making sure that the bathroom in the hallway was vacant, Sehun grabbed his towel and a new set of clothes. He walked steadily to the bathroom, not noticing that Kyungsoo and Xiumin entered Luhan’s room.

He washed his hair with care, reminding himself that it’s been days, lathering himself with soap before washing the grime and sweat on his body. After the shower, he felt less detached to his body and was reminded of his hunger. The dirty clothes were dropped in an almost empty hamper in the bathroom. Sehun looked in the mirror, his eyes flashing blue—a reminder that the wolf is getting impatient.

Suddenly, a clatter in a nearby room jolted Sehun to focus. It was coming from Luhan’s room!

Sehun ran to his other half’s room only to see new sheets and the bed has been made. Not noticing that he fell to the floor, the young wolf barely recognized the whimpers that left him.

The room was always clean because Luhan liked his space freeing. That night when they slept together, the bed smelled of them and the room was more comforting than any lodge Sehun had stayed in. However, seeing the bed made and the room smelling less and less of Luhan, a painful ache took hold of Sehun’s chest and he fell to the floor gasping.

“Sehun?” He heard one of his hyungs call out. But the blue was seeping into his brown irises and he felt his teeth slightly increasing in size. His body ached everywhere and the burn coursed through every vein in his body.

The wolf howled and it heard footsteps up the stairs, followed by the door swinging open.

“Lay, do something!” It did not recognize who shouted amidst the chaos, but Lay approached Sehun carefully.

“Sehun-ah, don’t do anything reckless.” The wolf growled, bright blue eyes took in the sudden appearance of Lay and Kyungsoo. The rest were behind and stood by the hallway.

“Sehun?” He jumped toward Lay.

Kris ran past Kyungsoo and immediately caught the young wolf in a lock.

“Hurry, the coma—now!”

Lay, Kai, Chanyeol, and Chen entered the room. As they held their hands out toward Sehun, their eyes started to glow. After a few minutes, the young wolf went limp and his breathing steadied as he slept. A few whimpers left him as he was gently deposited on the floor.

“He’s grown a bit over these couple days.” Chen commented as he lifted a furry paw, holding it firmly in his hand. The other wolves looked at the youngest with worried eyes. Luhan won’t be back for five more weeks and Sehun had already escalated. At this rate, they have no choice but to leave Sehun in the Winter Hold.

Kai turned around to see Kyungsoo with a bag, alongside Xiumin.

“Hyung…”

“Xiumin-hyung and I are ready to fly first to Beijing. We won’t tell Luhan what’s happening, in case we can prevent Sehun from waking up until he gets back. Tao, Suho-hyung, and Baekhyun are going to be staying here in this house. You do what you need to do.”

Kris stood up, carrying the sleeping wolf in his arms and wrapped one of Luhan’s coats around it. He hugged Tao tightly.

“We’ll be back soon.” Tao nodded, his eyes were glossy with tears but he held them back. The front door opened.

“Okay, guys. The van is here. One to take you to the airport and one you will have to drive to go to the Winter Hold.”

With that, Kyungsoo and Xiumin packed their bags in the back and drove. The Full Moon wolves carefully packed into the second van and drove.

The summer house slowly disappeared from the side mirrors as the vans turned left on their way to the city.

Kyungsoo and Xiumin sat in the back seat as they pointed to the driver that their stop is the airport.

“How messed up is this? Twelve cycles, we’ve been living like this-dogs trapped in cages. I barely even remember what we did to earn this curse…” Kyungsoo saw his brown eyes turn amber when he glanced on his reflection on the phone.

“The fact that we barely remember show just how much we weren’t thinking in the past about cosmic consequences. Nevertheless, it is almost done. We’ll return to normal in less than two months.” As Xiumin said these words, he found himself wondering what it would be like to finally live a normal life—to no longer worry about waking up from the dead and learning that they have to look for each other again.

“Yes, it has been tiring.” Xiumin looked at Kyungsoo with a smile.

“Did I say that out loud?”

“Loud and clear, hyung.”

“Hm…it’s been so long, ne?” Kyungsoo looked out the window.

“I almost lost hope that we will find the others in this life.”

“Yes. Twelve life times since we messed up and now just when things are about to end, something new makes it complicated.”

“Hyung, do you think we’ll make it before the prophecy comes true?”

“I mean, hasn’t it already? A couple days ago, Baekhyun decided that cosmic consequences be damned. It hasn’t been three months, but we already revealed to everyone that we’re the pack from the old days.”

“The last wolf of the prophecy is Sehun isn’t it?” Xiumin nodded.

“As long as Sehun doesn’t wake up before Luhan gets back, we’ll be fine. If he does, well… we will just have to do what we do best.”

“Eat food and pick on each other.” Kyungsoo and Xiumin laughed.

“It’s strange to remember our past lives as though they were memories from tomorrow.”

They both looked at each other and with a soft smile, they took a deep breath.

“We can get through this together.” With that, Kyungsoo and Xiumin, after making a phone call back to Baekhyun and the others, flew to Beijing that afternoon.

 

***

Author’s Note: Hey guys! I’m updating again after two years. I’m sorry! But there was a lot of things: I started college and I had to move to a different state. I know, excuses are excuses >_< sorry again! But I’m thinking of continuing some of the stories I have posted here. I thought about it and I don’t really want to add more things to the list of things I started but did not finish. So here I am. Any Supernatural (TV Show) fans caught the small reference I made? Also, I was reading this story to see where I left off when I noticed that—I know it’s so bad of me as a writer—but I barely remember what’s going on. It might take me a while to sort myself out but anyway, hope you liked the new chapter. Thank you for continuing supporters!