The Following Morning, Waiting for you

Unending Love

AN: Hey guys! I am back. I originally planned to write the KaiSoo Morning first but I got really upset by the whole lawsuit ordeal and I decided to do a TaoRis Morning instead. Do not worry. KaiSoo will follow this chapter. I will continue to write. I will support EXO as 12 or 11 and Kris, as a fan, I will support their decision. EXO, Let’s Love!

*****

Kris woke up to a scream that sounds very similar to an owl screech that morning.

“What the–” He says but he felt a certain pressure on his arm preventing him from getting up. He turned his head to see a black-haired angel. He smiled and lifted his other arm, running his hand through the soft strands of his beloved’s hair. The younger man shivered lightly before shifting closer to Kris. He chuckled and moved to kiss Tao on his forehead, followed by a peck on his closed eyes, and finally, his soft lips. His hand traveled from Tao’s neck to his shoulder, and down his arm. He pulled away quickly upon feeling the bare torso of the younger man. Kris cautiously lifted the sheets. He lets out a deep breath of relief.

“Oh good. I thought I did it with him last night. How did I end up here?” His thoughts were stopped when he felt Tao’s arms wrap around his waist.

“Tao? Um…” Suddenly, he saw Tao move up, eyes still closed. He leaned to kiss him. Kris froze before tightening his hold and pulling the latter even closer. Their bodies pressed together in a tight embrace. Their lips were still connected, moving against each other. A moan escaped the younger’s lips.

“Ge~” Tao whined and Kris replied by calling his name softly before leaning and capturing his lips once more. They pulled apart slightly and stared at each other’s eyes unwavering, getting lost in the moment. Tao’s hands rose to join behind the other’s neck as they kissed once more, threading slowly through the soft blonde hair. Kris wrapped one arm around Tao’s waist while the other caressed Tao’s bare torso.

“Kris…” Tao moaned in an almost inaudible whisper. It was a moment both relished in as they pronounced their love to each other.

Just then, a scream echoed. It was something between a retching penguin and a screeching owl. Then, it was followed by laughter. Kris and Tao pulled apart from each other and gave each other knowing looks.

“It must be Kyungsoo and Kai again.” Kris stated and shook his head.

“Yeah, count of them to ruin a moment so early in the morning.” Tao laughed a bit before leaning so their foreheads are touching. A thought crossed his mind.

“Uh, Tao? Could you perhaps fill me in what happened and how I got here?” Tao laced their fingers together and was surprised by the calmness in the eyes of the young boy.

“Oh, did you really forget?” Kris gulped at the tone Tao used. Tao ran his index finger around Kris’ face. He smiled sweetly.

“Did you really forget how you held me last night?” Thoughts ran through Kris’ head and he gasped an action that went unnoticed by Tao.

“What did I do?”

“You…” He saw Tao moving closer to him. Kris shut his eyes closed. Five minutes passed and he heard laughter.

“I’m just kidding! You and the boys got here pretty drunk and when I got you on the bed, you were knocked out. What did you guys drink?” Kris sighed.

“So nothing really happened?”

“Yes, why? Are you relieved or disappointed?” Tao pressed on, placing his palm near Kris’ heart.

“Uh… let’s g-go get so-some breakfast…” Kris got off the bed with a groan followed by Tao laughing.

“Watch it. Your limbs are pretty beat up so let me help you.” Kris watched as Tao moved around the room, grabbing some clothes.

“How did you know my body is aching?” He saw Tao pause for a bit before he walked over to where Kris was sitting.

“Is it hurting or no?” Kris nodded.

“Then, does it matter that I know?” Kris shook his head.

“Okay. Let’s go. I’ll get the bath running.” He left Kris frozen on the bed. A few minutes later, he appeared from the bathroom and opened the door.

“I’ll get your breakfast ready. Come down, when you’re ready.” With that, Kris was left feeling more confused than ever. Sure, it was really amazing when you wake up next to your special person but it feels like Tao knows something. Did he find out?, were thoughts that ran through the alpha wolf’s mind as he entered the bathroom. He pushed those thoughts away as he soaked in the bath, trying to relax his aching body from last night’s transformation.

***Meanwhile: Downstairs***

“Kai, please stop harassing Kyungsoo-hyung so early in the morning.” Tao said as he entered the kitchen to see Kai hugging a red, squirming Kyungsoo.

“No, he started it.” Kai said simply, continuing to snuggle his hyung’s neck.

“Oh, do I want to know?” Tao asked.

“What? I did no such thing.” Kyungsoo denied.

“Anyway, help me get some good breakfast for Kris.”

“I will! Just please, Kai!” Kai looked at Kyungsoo.

“Can we just continue this later?” Kyungsoo said hesitantly as the younger boy continued to stare at him. Kai beamed and Kyungsoo face palmed as the younger skipped to the living room.

“I’ll be waiting, hyung~” Tao looked from the kitchen door to Kyungsoo.

“You shouldn’t have done that…” He stated.

“I know…”

“He’s going to ask for it, you know. Suho-hyung said that when they just turned, try to keep them from getting too excited.”

“I know, okay? I know. I’ll figure it out. I know him. He won’t force me to do anything.”

“Yeah, but I can tell. He doesn’t need to force you.” Tao watched as Kyungsoo froze.

“The heat is coming up tomorrow. Better stay in your room if you don’t want him to find out yet.”

“I got it. You be careful too. The day after the full moon is our most vulnerable day as new moon wolves. Anyway, what breakfast did Kris-hyung asked for?”

“I don’t know. Let’s just go with some soup and rice. I’ll take care of the rest.”

“Ok. It’s really a good thing we know how to cook.”

Thirty minutes passed and they suddenly hear the steps creaking.

“I hear Kris coming down the stairs.” Tao raised his hands.

“I got it.” He said as he placed the rice on the table before opening the door. He saw Kris instantly.

“Something smells good.”

“I figured you would be hungry. Come on.” Kyungsoo said a good morning before taking a bottle of water and leaving the kitchen.

“What’s the water for?” Kris asked. Tao held up a hand and told him to wait. In a few minutes, a scream was heard.

“Kyungsoo, what are you–? No! Stop throwing freezing water on me!” It was all they heard from the kitchen before a louder voice echoed through the entire beach house.

“Shut up! I am trying to sleep with Chen. If I hear so much as a nail dropping, someone’s going to end up in the newspapers!” The oldest wolf’s voice was followed by silence. Not a single thing was heard.

Fifteen minutes passed and Kris ate everything on his plate.

“Come on. Help me with the dishes.” Kris nodded. He watched Tao got up and passed some plates to the other. It was not until he finished cleaning up the table did he notice that Tao was wearing an apron.

“How exactly did Kyungsoo ended up so angry with Kai?” Tao shrugged his shoulders.

“Haven’t the slightest idea. But Kai has been pestering him since the sun came up.”

“I wonder what happened.”

“Yeah, I am a bit curious. Let’s ask him. If the tips of his ears get red, it’s his initiative. If not, Kai started it.” After washing the dishes and drying it, they both went back to Tao’s room and lay on the bed.

“Hey.” Kris started.

“What is it?”

“I love you, you know that right?”

“I love you too. Now what brought this on?”

“You promise not to have secrets from me right?”

“Ah. I see.” Tao turned the other way.

“I’m being serious.”

“Fine, what did you want to know?” Kris held Tao’s hands tightly. He was ready to ask all kinds of questions but when his eyes met Tao’s, his words were lost before they could even leave his lips.

“I understand. I’ll wait for you to tell me then.” Tao smiled and kissed Kris. He cupped his beloved’s face before kissing him once more.

“I promise. I’ll tell you. Wait for me. Just wait for one more week, okay?” Kris nodded before pulling Tao into an embrace again. He smelled the younger’s neck and left hot kisses on his trail. He can smell it. His beloved is about to go into heat. He must try to control it since Tao is still human.

 

******

A/N: You guys know, Tao is a new moon wolf and the curse has been broken so let’s see if the full moon wolves can pull themselves together for one more week. Are you guys following so far? Send me a message if there are some things you’re not getting. Also, after KaiSoo, Xiuchen, HunHan and Baekyeol morning fluffs, would you want me to focus more on plot development, character development, feels, or maybe a little lime or lemon? Tell me what you think.