The Following Morning, His Silent Departure

Unending Love

Luhan traced his hands over the maknae’s sleeping face and smiled. Last night, he brought Sehun up to his room and slept by his side. He watched the other sleep for a few more seconds when he got up and walked towards his closet. Luhan took out a bag pack and put a couple of shirts, undergarments, and jeans in them. He ran his hand through his blond hair and sighed. Making his way to the bathroom, he took out some dye and after a couple hours, he reemerged with brown hair. Luhan looked at Sehun once more before he kneeled in front of the sleeping maknae. He grabbed the other’s hand and gave it a kiss. Luhan reached up to Sehun’s face and kissed his forehead.

Luhan looked at the calendar and saw that it was near Sehun’s birthday.

A while ago…

Suho, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, Xiumin, Tao, and Luhan got the wolves up into their rooms. Afterwards, they entered the living room of the beach house and rested in the silence. Just then, Luhan stood up in front of the group.

“Guys, I got a mail from them.” Baekhyun tilted his head to the side while the others just nodded.

“Who do you mean by them?” Baekhyun asked.

“My parents from Beijing…”

“We understand. How long are you going to be gone?”

“A few months.” Luhan smiled sadly.

“But you can’t! Sehun’s birthday is around the corner.” Xiumin put his hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder. He looked down.

“I got him a present. I just hope it would be enough for now.”

“Luhan-hyung…” Kyungsoo started. The others looked at Luhan.

“When are you leaving?”

“By noon tomorrow. I can’t stay any longer than that.”

“I see.” Suho said and then he gave Luhan a comforting smile.

“We’ll be here. Don’t worry.”

His hand went inside his pocket. His fingers met a box and gently, he took it out and cradled it his hands. Hazel eyes flickered to the young full moon wolf and a sad smile appeared on his face.

“Hunnie, I’m sorry. I can’t be here for your birthday. I’ve never forgotten. Not once.” Luhan set the box down in Sehun’s hands.

“I want you to have this bracelet. It’s not much but I wanted you to know… although, you probably already do.” He trailed his fingers gently over Sehun’s eyes.

“I hope you won’t forget me Sehun.”

Luhan blinked and noticed that his eyes are getting blurry.

“Would it be selfish of me to ask you to wait?”

Hesitantly, he lets go of Sehun.

“I love you, you know.” The door closed.

***

Sehun was woken up by a shout that he knew belonged to Xiumin. He felt something in his hand and saw a small box. He sat up and smiled. Luhan wasn’t anywhere in the room so he assumed that he should be downstairs.

“Luhan-hyung…” He opened the box and saw a Cartier bracelet. His smile widened. Sehun immediately got out of the bed that smelled like Luhan. He ran downstairs. Entering the Kitchen, he saw Kris and Tao eating breakfast.

“Where’s Luhan?” He asked them but left without hearing an answer. Sehun entered the living room and saw Kai and Kyungsoo.

“Hey, where’s Luhan?” He held up his wrist, showing them the bracelet. Just then, Suho opened the door and entered.

“Sehun, we need to talk.” Sehun sat down and looked confused; the smile on his face was on pause.

“What do you need, hyung? Where’s Luhan? He gave me a bracelet.”

“He wanted me to give you this.” It was a letter. Sehun gave Suho a look; his eyes searching the white stationary with stars for answers.

“What is it?” He opened the letter. Just then, his smile completely vanished. His face became stoic and his eyes went cold. Upon closer inspection, his eyes fiercely burned a light blue. His hands gripped the paper tight. Spots dropped on the letter, blurring some of the letters of his love’s handwriting.

“Is this a joke?” A panicked look appeared on his face. Tears continued streaming down his cheeks. His lips were quivering, forming words but he did not speak them out loud.

“Sehun.” He looked up at Suho and his other hyungs. Sehun’s fingers unconsciously touched the Cartier bracelet that Luhan has given him.

“…” His eyes flickered between brown and light blue. The curtains in the room rustled as the wind started to pick up. Just then, Suho grabbed his shoulders.

“Sehun, calm down!”

“I can’t… Luhan.” Sehun choked out.

“Kyungsoo!” Suho tried to calm Sehun down. Eventually, Kyungsoo touched a spot in Sehun’s nape and immediately, the young wolf fell asleep.

“Luhan” That name was the only thing he remembered uttering before he fell in a dreamless sleep.