Broken Spell and Separation

Unending Love

Sleep did not come as easily for Baekhyun after that impromptu meeting the new moon wolves had. He just found out that Luhan, Suho, Kyungsoo, Tao, Xiumin, and he are actually going by the new moon cycles. Checking the calendar, he saw that the new moon is about to come in two weeks. He felt bad that their youngest would have to go through a hard time when he finds that Luhan will be gone.

Why must fate handle our existence as though we are insignificant?

Is there no way to go through this without pain?

Back when we were still in our home planet, we were so much better. Why did we have to be cursed into reliving these pathetic lives that only hurt us?

A grunt broke through Baekhyun. He looked to his right and saw Chanyeol. It was then he realized that he was gripping Chanyeol’s hand tightly. Baekhyun slowly turned to his side to face the other wolf. He placed his other hand in their entwined ones and softly touched Chanyeol’s bigger hands to make up for his tight grip. While looking at Chanyeol, he realized how much pain Luhan was about to go through.

I have never heard of this…a new moon wolf having to go through an entire interval without the mate to comfort and take the pain away. This is just torture.

What if Luhan gets sick during the heat interval? We’re not there to help him.

Baekhyun shook his head lightly.

I can’t be like this. I must be supportive for the other members. Maybe we could…

Instantly, he felt a grip on his hand. He let a small smile appear on his face as he saw Chanyeol snuggle deeper in the bed with a light snore.

He must have been so tired last night. I can’t believe I didn’t realize some things were switched. I thought I would be part of the New Moons so I was surprised when I met Kris first. I thought I would be Chanyeol’s Full Moon, but apparently, it’s only a slight mix-up.

Still, why would Fate make Xiumin and I part of the Full Moon wolves? It doesn’t make any sense unless this is the final–

“Baekhyun” The light guardian looked at Chanyeol with soft eyes.

“Tsk, as long as you dream about me, I guess… that might be all I need.”

It’s decided then. I will tell the others.

***

Two hours later…

“What’s up, Baekhyun? Why did you suddenly call a meeting?”

“Don’t rush me! Where’s Sehun?”

“He won’t come out of Luhan’s room.”

“Is the door locked?”

“No, I don’t think so.”

“Then drag him down the stairs if he won’t walk.”

“How about you do it? I don’t want another tornado chasing me.”

“Fine. I guess he needs some time.”

“So what is it?”

“What is what?”

“Why did you call a meeting for?”

“Oh, right.” With that, Baekhyun motioned for them to sit down and when he saw everyone has, he started.

“Oh, here it is. Fate has been playing around way too much. I know that everyone knows we are all wolves.”

“Baekhyun! The prophecy–” Kris was about to reprimand him, but Baekhyun continued.

“I don’t care about the prophecy. Last time I checked, these things are going to come true either way so I’m breaking rules now!” No one said anything. A few minutes of silence was soon broken by Suho.

“Ok, what is your plan?”

“Right now, I know Xiumin and I are also New Moon wolves. Thus, we didn’t turn into wolves a few nights ago.” Suho, Kyungsoo, and Tao nodded. The others sighed.

“You’re right. There is no need to pretend.”

“Uh, guys… this is the first time we went against Fate.” Tao chirped before anyone could say anything else.

“Right…” Chen chorused.

“This is also the first time our order and groups have been switched.” Xiumin nodded with Kyungsoo.

“Does that mean the spell–?” Kai trailed off when everyone else looked at him.

“Do you want to try?” Everyone nodded. They all stood up in pairs. Suho stood next to Lay. Baekhyun was with Chanyeol and they were next to Kris and Tao. Xiumin and Chen stood next to Kyungsoo and Kai. Each pair took a deep breath.

Flashes of their past lives ran through their minds. Their first, second, third… Everything was complete. Thirty minutes later, they opened their eyes one by one.

“How many?”

“12”

“The cycle is complete. We’re still somewhat wolves though. I can still feel the Heat interval though.” Kyungsoo said.

“Welcome back, everyone.” The ten guardians smiled at each other.

“Now, onto the next thing–” Baekhyun was cut off by Chen and Kai.

“There’s more?!”

“Shut up. Yes, there’s more. I need all the new moon wolves to stand next to me.” Kyungsoo, Suho, Tao, and Xiumin moved.

“Now, I’m sure you’re all aware that Luhan is not here.” The other five nodded.

“It’s because he’s in Beijing right now.”

“That would explain why Sehun is devastated.” Suho nodded.

“Yes, Luhan talked to us earlier that he won’t be here. Now, I think  I understand what Baekhyun is saying now…”

“What is it?” Chanyeol asked.

“Guys, we know that you love us very much. But this is what it means to be a wolf borne of New Moon.”

“What is going on?” Kai looked at Kyungsoo as he asked. Kris shook his head.

“By the rules of our pack since the very beginning, New Moon wolves are required to be together. Therefore, when one leaves, the others need to leave also.”

“It’s not permanent. Luhan said he’ll be back in a month!” Baekhyun quickly added as he saw Chanyeol’s anger beginning to surface. With that, the Full Moon wolves all looked at each other and sighed.

“We need to do it again.” Kris, Chen, Kai, Chanyeol, and Lay nodded at each other as they looked toward Luhan’s room.

“What do you mean?”

“While you guys are keeping Luhan sane, we need to make sure Sehun doesn’t cause any trouble. Of all the wolves, you know that he lacks the most control over his wolf.” Kris explained.

“Which is why, we will need to keep him in a secluded place.”

“I see. Is everyone ok with the current plan?”

“Yes” echoed each wolf guardian.

“Well then, let’s begin the coma.”

 

***

Author’s note: Hey guys! Life just got worse for me. But, thanks for being supporting by reading my stories. The “coma” at the end means a period where the wolves are separated and they are focused more on healing their groups rather than looking for their mates. Yes, the broken pattern of their groups (Xiumin and Baekhyun were found by Kris rather than Suho) means that the spell was broken. Therefore, they are now free. However, the goal is to be together again. Luhan and Sehun are still separated (Forgive me: I’m surrounding myself with their pairing because I can connect to them. When Luhan left, I was lost). Anyway, Baekhyun plays the role of the person who realizes things here because I was reminded the Baekhyun is the light guardian, like shine the light on those who want to see. Thanks for reading.