The Following Morning, Pororo and Krong

Unending Love

A/N: Hello, here’s the KaiSoo Installment of the Following Morning. How is the story so far? Does it seem like its lagging or are the fluffy moments entertaining? Thanks for up-voting and subscribing to this story. Feel free to check out my completed stories if you have time. Also, thank you for those silent readers. I see how the views are increasing and it makes me happy that my stories are still being read. Anyway, have fun reading. XiuChen will follow next.

******

Kyungsoo looked at the kitchen before making his way back to his room. With a glassful of water, he nudged the door open slightly before walking towards the boy in his bed. He set the glass on the bedside table before moving to draw the curtains. Kyungsoo loved the sunrise. It signified a new beginning of a day. There was also something about how the sun shines on the face of a certain boy that Kyungsoo can’t help but be enamored with. As he drew the curtains, the light brightened the dim room and kissed the tan skin of the sleeping boy. Kyungsoo smiled as the sun rose. It was something he really liked watching. The spring seaside breeze made the air seems cooler but with Kai around, he has never felt this warm before.

Turning his back from the window, Kyungsoo made his way to the bed and sat near Kai who slept in Krong pajamas. He watched the even rise of Kai’s chest as the latter was still in dreamland. It was adorable, really. Watching Kai as he slept was one of the things Kyungsoo found cute since it was so rare seeing the energetic lad so calm and…well, quiet. Still, Kyungsoo loved each side of the boy. Kyungsoo reached out and ruffled Kai’s hair before pulling away and turning around abruptly.

His heart was beating really fast and the heat he was feeling didn’t help soothe his nerves. Kyungsoo let out a sigh before deciding that since he was up, he might as well start breakfast. After all, they’re like a domino. It won’t be long until the other guys start getting up and rummaging his beloved kitchen for breakfast.

With a heavy sigh from his heart, okay, that was exaggerating… Kyungsoo got up from his bed and headed for the door. He was just about to leave when he felt Kai grab the end of his shirt. He thought the boy had woken up but apparently, he was still sleeping. He watched the younger take hold of his shirt before shifting closer to it and snuggling in it. Kyungsoo let a small smile show on his face and before he could stop himself, he got close to Kai’s face. Within seconds, Kyungsoo found himself stopping just a few centimeters from the boy’s lips. Without a doubt, his lips met the other. As he pulled away, he was shocked to see the widened eyes of the holder of his heart.

“I…I… uh…” Kyungsoo stuttered. They just stared at each other before he saw a devilish grin broke out on Kai’s face. But it was gone the moment it came and was immediately replaced by a childish smile. It was not that innocent childlike smile. In fact, it was those mischievous ones and Kyungsoo’s head screamed ‘Warning! Red Alert!’ in his thoughts. He moved to leave but Kai has taken hold of his arm and quickly switched their positions so he hovered over him.

“What are you–?” Kyungsoo started but was cut off by Kai’s finger on his lips, shutting him up.

“No, no. My dear Soo, the question is what were you doing, Hm?” Kyungsoo flushed. He almost forgot that Kai gets really… especially in the morning.

“I’m not doing anything! Let me go!” Kyungsoo squirmed and all but Kai never loosened his hold. Since he couldn’t break that intense gaze of the latter, he decided to use that.

“Please, Kai. Let me go~” He saw Kai froze, blinking ever so often, his hold loose and Kyungsoo immediately got off the bed and ran to the door. His face still red from their closeness a few minutes ago, he avoided the gaze of the younger boy.

“I’m making breakfast. If you want some, just tell me. I’ll be going now…” Kyungsoo was surprised how he managed to say all of that without stuttering or revealing his shortness of breath. Kai’s scent was heavily apparent in his room and on his bed. Quickly, Kyungsoo closed the door behind him.

“Wait, Kyungsoo–!” It was all Kai managed before he fell to the floor with a groan, his body aching from last night caught up on him. Kai smiled to himself, despite the pain, when he heard the door open. Even with his beautiful face planted on the floor, he knew Kyungsoo came back.

Kyungsoo poked his head in the room, checking if Kai was hurt. His eyes widened when he saw the boy on the floor.

“Oh my goodness! Kai, are you okay?” He carefully turned the other around. As soon as he was turned around, Kai wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo’s lean waist. Kyungsoo squeaked.

“You’re fine! Now, get off.”

“But, Kyung… please take care of me. My body hurts like hell.”

“Watch your language.”

“I bet you’ll curse more when we– Ouch!” Kai received a not-so-light knock on his head.

“Don’t you dare finish that sentence!” Although he was shouting at him, Kai knew that Kyungsoo was just embarrassed. Kai apologized softly before continuing to hug Kyungsoo.

“Are you hungry?” Kyungsoo asked him.

“Yeah… Make me some breakfast?”

“Come on, you silly.” With that, Kyungsoo fixed some pancakes and let the other enjoy his breakfast as he worked around the kitchen. Checking the clock, he lowered the fire switch in between low and medium and started chopping vegetables.

“Hey, if you’re done, can you check if Suho-hyung needed some help? They should be awake by now.” He said while checking the soup.

“Sure thing, Kyung-kyung!” Kyungsoo choked on the spoonful of soup. He looked briefly at the younger behind him.

“Don’t call me that.” Kyungsoo said. He heard Kai get up from his seat.

“I’ll be taking this.”

“Taking what?” He turned to look at what Kai is talking about when he got a peck near his lips.

“I missed but I took it anyway! Hahaha!” Before Kyungsoo could react, Kai was out the kitchen and running upstairs.

“That boy…” Kyungsoo muttered to no one in particular. While Kai was gone waking his hyungs, Kyungsoo focused on making the soup and checking the rice ever so often. He knows rice cookers practically do everything but in this house, something always go wrong. Maybe, because they’re all immature guys in a single beach house, and the fact that they’re not all humans didn’t really help their case. Caught up in his thoughts, he didn’t notice Kai enter the kitchen. The sound of vegetables on the chopping board filled the room. When Kai got near enough, he gave Kyungsoo a back hug. Kyungsoo screamed.

It was a wonder how the kitchen knife flipped and fell directly behind Kai. But, with his body pressed closely to Kyungsoo, he luckily avoided a painful stab to his left shoulder.

“Oh My Gosh! Kai! Could you not like sneak up like that?! You gave me a heart attack!” Kyungsoo angrily scolded as he squirmed to face the younger.

“What do I do…?” He heard Kai ask softly.

“What? You should–!” He managed to turn around and just as he was about to hit the latter with a scolding, his anger was melted to embarrassment with just a few words.

“What do I do? I can’t stop thinking of you~” Kyungsoo flushed. If he wasn’t red because of the back hug, he was definitely red now.

“…Go grab a chair and sit there. Don’t get up from there unless I tell you to.” Kai smiled as Kyungsoo tried to sound angry but did as he was told anyway.

“Don’t be upset Kyung~” Kai started. Kyungsoo looked at him and immediately regretted since the younger was sporting a puppy look. It was unbearably cute.

“Kai! Stop staring at me like that!”

“But I love you! I can’t stop looking at you.” He grabbed the nearest thing he could find, which was a dish towel, and threw it on Kai’s face, effectively covering it and saving Kyungsoo from a bad case of nosebleed. Just then, the door opened and Suho and Lay comes in.

“Good morning to you two.”

“Oh! Good morning, hyungs! How are you feeling?

“I’m better…” Lay’s timid reply.

“Eat something. I’ll be upstairs. Call for me when you’re done. ” Suho left. Kyungsoo looked at Lay who was deep in thought.

“Is there something wrong?”

“Suho said to eat something…” Kyungsoo nodded before taking the towel still sitting on Kai’s face to wipe his hands.

“Did you miss seeing my face, honeybunch?”

G-get out! Wash your face or something – wipe that smirk off your face!” Kyungsoo sputtered, aghast at the continuing behavior of the younger that never failed to make him flustered.

 “Okay, Kyunggie! See ya, Lay hyung!” Kai left the kitchen.

“I knew I shouldn’t have kissed him. It was a horrible idea. Note to self: don’t be in a room alone with Kai!” With a few minutes bustling in the kitchen, a thought occurred to Kyungsoo.

“Is he always like that in the morning?”

“He is usually grumpy. What did you do?”

“N-nothing. I didn’t do anything. Want some juice? Or tea? How about water?”  Kyungsoo denied, stuttering. Just then, Xiumin entered the kitchen.

“Morning, guys. Kyungsoo, got some aspirin?”

“There should be some in Chen’s bathroom. Here’s some water.” Xiumin nodded before left the kitchen. A few seconds of silence passed before Kai was in the kitchen again.

“Kyungsoo-o-o~” Kyungsoo got goose bumps as he heard that stress on his name. He was just about to talk more with Lay in hopes that Kai gets bored and leaves him to settle his noisy and boisterous heart. When he turned he saw Lay about to leave the kitchen. Alarmed, Kyungsoo asked if he wanted some dessert which was against his policy, since sweets in the morning are really bad but he was desperate.

“Wait, hyung! Would you like some dessert?” His hopes vanished when Suho appeared on the other side of the door, ready to care for the unicorn again.

“Are you done with breakfast? Come on, I’ll continue your massage. Take a break, Kyungsoo.” He saw Kai creeping close to him.

“No, you, STAY AWAY FROM ME” His pleas were ignored as Kai pulled him in another tight but somewhat comfortable embrace.

“Kai, please stop harassing Kyungsoo-hyung so early in the morning.” Tao entered the kitchen.

“No, he started it.” Kai said simply, continuing to snuggle his hyung’s neck.

“Oh, do I want to know?” Tao asked.

“What? I did no such thing.” Kyungsoo denied but he knew his red face was telling otherwise.

“Anyway, help me get some good breakfast for Kris.”

“I will! Just please, Kai!” Kai looked at Kyungsoo.

“Can we just continue this later?” Kyungsoo said hesitantly as the younger boy continued to stare at him. Kai beamed and Kyungsoo face palmed as the younger skipped to the living room.

“I’ll be waiting, hyung~”

“You shouldn’t have done that…” Tao bluntly stated.

“I know…”

“He’s going to ask for it, you know. Suho-hyung said that when they just turned, try to keep them from getting too excited.”

“I know, okay? I know. I’ll figure it out. I know him. He won’t force me to do anything.”

“Yeah, but I can tell. He doesn’t need to force you.” Kyungsoo froze. How could he have forgotten the day after the full moon?

“The heat is coming up tomorrow. Better stay in your room if you don’t want him to find out yet.”

“I got it. You be careful too. The day after the full moon is our most vulnerable day as new moon wolves. Anyway, what breakfast did Kris-hyung asked for?” Kyungsoo changed the subject, noticing that Tao was skeptical but didn’t press on.

“I don’t know. Let’s just go with some soup and rice. I’ll take care of the rest.”

“Ok. It’s really a good thing we know how to cook.”

Thirty minutes passed and they suddenly hear the steps creaking.

“I hear Kris coming down the stairs.” Tao raised his hands.

“I got it.” The door open and Kris spoke up, sniffing the air.

“Something smells good.”

“I figured you would be hungry. Come on.”

“Good morning…” Kyungsoo greeted Kris before he opened the fridge and took out a bottle of water. He saw Kai sitting on the living room.

“Kyungsoo, what are you–? No! Stop throwing freezing water on me!” Just then a louder voice echoed in the house.

“Shut up! I am trying to sleep with Chen. If I hear so much as a nail dropping, someone’s going to end up in the newspapers!” The oldest wolf’s voice was followed by silence. Not a single sound was heard.

Somehow, through all that chaos, Kyungsoo ended up on Kai’s arms again. He pulled away and sat on the spot next to Kai. He felt the latter staring at him. He expected the other boy to say something but he was surprised when Kai laid his head on his lap.

“This is fine, if you don’t like my hugs. Don’t be upset.” With those words, Kyungsoo’s wide eyes turned to crescents and he laughed.

“It’s not that I don’t like them. Let me get used to it. It’s too early.” Kyungsoo said as he ruffled Kai’s hair.

“You did that this morning too.” Kai said softly.

“I did, didn’t I?” Kai got up and stared at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo pulled his legs to his torso, looking really small under the younger’s gaze.

“I really, really like you, Soo.” Kyungsoo’s heart stopped for a moment. He took a sharp breath before looking at Kai, his hands touching their matching anklets on his right ankle.

“I really, really like me too.” Kyungsoo laughed at Kai’s pouting face.

“I’m kidding. I love you.”

“I love you too.” The moment was really peaceful and although the morning had been exhausting, Kyungsoo could never hate anything Kai did, even if it annoyed him. Silence filled the living room.

“Wanna cuddle?” Kai asked, holding his arms out for a hug.

“Don’t push it.” Kyungsoo replied and shook his head before leaning his head on Kai’ shoulder.

“Well, I tried.” Silence again. Kyungsoo was near to taking a nap since he felt so warm with Kai when he was taken away from sleep.

“…How about that cuddle now?” Kyungsoo could just laugh before giving into the other, totally forgetting his heat was coming up.