Valentine’s Full Moon: The Test of Love at Nightfall

Unending Love

The full moon is upon them and their transformation is making itself known. Just a while ago, when Baekhyun and Xiumin were shopping for groceries, they felt the urge to run to the forest and chase rabbits. It was getting worse. It could’ve been the worst if it weren’t for Kris who chased them before they could leave the store. So, one day, they all decided to tell the others that they will be going on their monthly trip. Although they said they were going on a trip, their only destination is actually the mansion’s basement.

Thus, calls were made. When Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, Suho, Luhan, Chen, and Tao heard the news, they knew it had something to do with the full moon. It was nearing and they also have to be careful since it is Chen’s time to turn.

That morning of the day of the full moon, Chen was becoming easily distracted and almost inhuman. He ate his meals in a messy manner and he growled more often when he felt annoyed by something.

“Chen, stop tearing the carpet–Leave the poor sofa alone!” Kyungsoo’s cries were heard through the entire dorm room. Suho sighed. It’s a good thing they were moving to his summer house in the next hour. At least, they won’t have neighbors there. It’s near the seaside and there are no people at the beach now that winter is approaching.

“I’ll call the movers now. Take Chen to the back.” Suho took out his phone and stepped outside.

“Yes, I need to make this move as quickly as possible…”

“Are there any available moving vans today?”

“Don’t worry. we don’t have much stuff anyway.”

“The house we’re moving to? It’s about several miles from here.”

“We can move it today? I understand. We’ll have the stuff ready before we leave.” Suho returned to the dorm and spoke with Luhan.

“Hyung, we can move our things today. I’ll handle some stuff here. Go see the landlady.”

“Sure.” Luhan replied as he stepped out. Going up a few floors, he just came in time to see the landlady leaving her apartment.

“Omo, Luhan! What are you doing awake this early?” She laughed since she usually talks to Kyungsoo in the morning, while Luhan comes around in the afternoon.

“We’re actually moving out. So here is the final rent.”

“Oh, all of you are leaving already? I’m going to miss you youngsters.” She laughed a bit.

“We’re sorry for the problems we caused before.” She waved her hand dismissively, shaking her head.

“No, you’re not trouble at all. In fact, I haven’t heard a single tenant complain about you guys.”

“I guess that makes sense since we live in the lowest floor.” Luhan chuckled.

“Oh, well. People come and go but friends stick together, no? I understand. Visit when you have time.” She smiled and left. Luhan went back downstairs and saw the moving truck has already arrived.

Several hours have passed and the truck is loaded with their things. Suho gave the go ahead and gave the movers the address to the summer house.

“We’ll come around later. Here’s the payment. Let me know when you’ve arrived.” With that, Suho waved the workers away. Turning around, he sighed.

“Now, the problem with Chen...” Suho entered their old dorm room and saw that it was neat… empty, but neat. He saw Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Tao struggling to keep Chen still. He is turning faster than he had hoped.

Chen stopped struggling when he felt Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, and Tao let go of his arms. He saw a mysterious glint in Suho’s eyes so he inched away. All of a sudden, they took hold of his arms and legs. Tying him up and putting some tape around his mouth, Chen was too shocked to move even when they’ve put him in a back. Just then, the door opened.

“Guys, I got the car ready–” Luhan looked at his panting and sweaty friends then turned his attention to the unmoving bag on the side.

“I just got here.” He let out an exasperated sigh. Heaving the now-sleeping wolf to the back seat, Suho started the car and drove to the summer house. Upon arriving, they let Chen out, only to see him in his wolf form. His fluffy fur was slightly messed up by the bag and the ropes have loosened too. The tape was sticking on his paw, evidence that he tried to remove it from his snout. Kyungsoo immediately cringed as he thought about the trouble Chen would have removing that.

Working at a quick pace, they managed to unpack and decorate the house by sundown. By the strike of 5:00 pm, Chen has woken up and groggily stood on his four legs. He saw the others and sat down next to them as they watched television. Just then, his ears perked up. In his wolf form, Chen sniffed the air and startled the others by giving a howl.

“What’s wrong? Chen, what is it?” Suho asked but the question went unanswered as the wolf ran out the door. Suho, Chanyeol, Tao, Kyungsoo, and Luhan ran outside. It was odd. The full moon is still hidden in the sky and yet, Chen’s actions are as if the moon is there already. It was only when they saw a wolf disappear to the side, did they notice that a great forest was next to the summer house.

“Guys, we need to find Chen and make sure he doesn’t hurt anyone! Remember he is a full moon wolf. If he sees any human, he might hurt them by instinct!” Suho ordered. Each got a flashlight and their phones before entering the forest.

******

Suho stepped into the forest and watched as the others disappeared in their own direction. A few minutes passed before Suho decided to move through the thickets and bushes. It was getting darker each passing second and he knows the moon is about to show her face. His hands went to his neck as he felt a chill ran down his spine.

“Where are you?” He whispered because he knew that shouting does nothing in this dense forest. Eventually the night sky has appeared.

“Great. I have to spend Valentines’ in a forest and look for a wolf. Not really how I imagined I would this year…” Suho managed to grumble to himself as he tried to calm his frightened heart. It was too dark for his liking and being in his human form on a full moon made him feel vulnerable. And, he swore he saw small lavender lights from the corners of his eyes.

“What the–” He whipped his head only to find a wolf in his path. One thing he noticed though.

This isn’t Chen!

***

Around this time, Kyungsoo has been walking around. He’s getting a little anxious now that the sun has gone down. It wasn’t only Suho who felt vulnerable. Kyungsoo’s eyes widen every time he heard the wind howl or the snapping of the leaves and twigs underneath his feet.

As he turned a corner in the forest, he saw a tree. Its branches were bent as if someone or something has held onto it until it broke. He continued walking towards and something came into his view. It was a cliff and near the end, there was something howling. He ran towards it, hoping that this was Chen since he knew Kris and the others were away on a trip.

By the time he was only a few feet from the wolf, his hand inched toward his ankle, the one Kai gave him, and the wolf turned around to reveal amber eyes. In that moment, Kyungsoo also had the same thought.

This one isn’t Chen.

******

Chanyeol thought he is just worried sick about his best friend when he noticed he had been sweating a lot. However, looking at his watch, he knows it’s almost impossible to sweat this much in fifteen minutes in the middle of autumn at night. He should be cold and now he feels hotter than before.

“Where is Chen? I’m tired~” Still, he tried to keep his happy thinking. After walking for a few more minutes, he fell to the ground just in front of a stream.

Chanyeol gasped as he saw his eyes. They were glowing green.

“What is happening to me?” He managed out before pain wracked his entire body. He let out a shout which came out as a howl. All rational thinking left Chanyeol and he laid there panting. Green eyes started at the wolf reflected in the small body of water.

The sound of tree branches being lifted up got the wolf’s attention. It was a guy wearing a choker.

“Why are you a wolf today?!”

******

It was dark and Tao couldn’t get anymore scared. Under the suggestion of Suho, he stayed at home just in case anyone comes back. Although the summer house had light, the dark covers outside and Tao isn’t able to sit still. He is worried for his friends who are outside, but then again, he’s also scared that a ghost might take them away.

In a moment, Tao looked outside before grabbing a flashlight and left the house. He decided that he’s strong and brave enough to look for his friend even if it’s just outside the forest. He can take a walk by the beach.

Tao almost jumped as he saw the lights in the house turn off the moment he got out.

“It must be automatic. Suho-hyung…” Tao took out his phone and dialed Suho’s number but his hyung isn’t picking up. He paused in his tracks when he heard a howl behind him. I’m at a beach so there are no wolves… none… none at all; Tao pleaded in his head but unfortunately when he turned around, there was a wolf in front of him. It’s piercing silver eyes looked at Tao and he felt small under that gaze even though he was standing. As he stared at the wolf, he noticed that on its ear, there was an earring.

“Hyung…?”

******

(You must be tired of reading through this… But since you’ve read this far, just continue reading…)

******

Luhan was the first to head into the forest and he’s not scared… not one bit. It didn’t help that he chose to wear red today. Kyungsoo just told him a scary version of the Little Red and the Wolf the other day and he’s freaking out. He convinced himself that this is for his friends so he walked in bravely. However, he didn’t think he’d find this when all he did was go straight.

It was a huge mansion and he wondered why the door was open. This is the first time he saw this here and he was sure there had to be someone living in this big residence.

“Hello?” Luhan’s voice echoed as he entered through the front door. No answer. Luhan walked through the hallway and noticed that it was a mess. He left his jacket on but set the flashlight on the table. The entire house was a mess. But, there was one thing that bothered him though.

On the floor, there was a wooden trap door with a small rug on the side. He tried moving the rug on top the door and it fits. The rug was supposed to hide the trap door. Removing it, he noticed that it was open. It meant one thing to Luhan as he pieced things some things together.

Whatever was trapped down there, it’s out now.

Luhan went upstairs to investigate more when he noticed one door was slightly ajar. He went inside the room and noticed how the curtain had tears like the ones on haunted houses.

“I swear this place is a haunted mansion…” He spoke out loud. The door made a loud noise as it was closed.

“Who’s there?”

“Looks like the wolf found you, Little Red.”

******

He didn’t know anything else besides to find the one with that alluring scent. He can smell him in the air but he seems to be so far away. Chen heard inaudible shouts as the others tried to catch up to him but he lost them. Nothing seemed so important at the moment, other than finding him. He howled many times before he caught that scent again.

Chen ran for hours before he arrived near a water fall. In the middle of the pond, there was a boy in the middle sitting on the moss-covered stones. He immediately jumped on the stones until he reached the other.

He gave a whimper as he slowly morphed to a half-human, half-wolf being.

“Mine?” His voice came out raspy as he waited for the other to acknowledge him. He kept his head low as the other showed no sign of hearing him. He gave another whimper. The boy turned around before he flicked the beast on the forehead. Chen let out a growl before dragging the boy away from the stones and trapping between himself and the ground.

“Why are you getting angry?” The boy asked. He suddenly stopped and moved to get off the boy but was held still by a tight grasp.

“Let me clean you up, you silly pup.”

******

Author’s Note: How was it? Tell me, do you like this chapter? Ohorat~