New Friend

The New Girl

Bomi's POV

Today is Friday and it's practice day for me and Eunji. 

Right now it's second period physical education. Why do we even have this course here? This is a business school. I'm basically paying to run! What the hey, at least in good at this.

This is one of those classes I have with Naeun and Eunji. Though it doesn't even seen like it, we are always doing partner stuff and they pair up leaving me with whoever is unpicked. 

Those two have really been getting close recently though. Even though Naeun can be super mean to Eunji sometimes.

Now that I think about it, it's weird that Eunji likes someone that yells at her so incredibly much. But she deserves to be yelled at, haha. I'm not third wheeled by them which is good.

I throw the ball to Nana and she volleys it back. Yup, today I was stuck with ice princess Nana. I wonder how a sophomore is even so popular. She is the pretty Vice President of the school (the pres being a senior) and her father is a right hand man to the president of the country, at least that's what I heard.

Today her rumoured girlfriend Lizzy is absent and so everybody clawed to be her partner, everybody except for me. The last thing I wanted to be at this place was popular. Well of course because I didn't want her, I got her. 

The bell finally rings signalling lunch. I rush to my two lovey dovey friends but not before someone grabs me by the arm. 

"Bomi-ssi, can I please eat lunch with you? I don't want to eat with any of those obsessive losers." Nana said letting her blonde hair out of her ponytail. 

I stared nervously. Seriously? If I say yes there is that possibility that I might get some limelight around here, all of which I don't want. But if I reject, she'll turn me into the nerd outcast that everyone hates, won't she. 

, "Sure you can! And call me Bomi" a fake smile, that's what you call exactly what is on my face right now. Sigh...

 

Chorong's POV

"Daddy, is there really no other way?" I sobbed for the thousandth time today.

"Chorong-ah. You know I'm trying. We got 4000 dollars on stocks and bets. If we lose that money..." My dad sighed heavily running his fingers through his hair.

I know this is difficult but I want it so bad. "Dad I promise that I'll get all the money back. When I graduate I'll open a company and let you live comfortably." 

"It's not about you getting the money back to me, I want you to go and live your dream. The problem is the cost of it. We can't borrow anymore from the bank, Chorong. I'm trying my best." 

As much as I want, the situation is impossible. He hugged me and gave me a kiss on the forehead. "Sorry Chorong-ah..." 

I want to make him feel less guilty but saying 'it's okay' would just be lying. "I'm going to make a call sweety." He bent down to look me in the eyes.

"We're not giving up."

 

No one's POV

"Sorry, Eunji & I can't do lunch. We have this geography class assignment thingy to do." Naeun said shifting her eyes from left to right. 

"Oh... Okay. I'll see you guys after school then." Bomi said to the two with an obvious hint a disapointment in her voice. She was now left with Nana and it was nothing other than awkward. 

The truth was Naeun and Eunji didn't have an assignment. They saw Bomi and Nana together in gym class and assumed that Bomi would want to be left alone with the beautiful ice princess.

"So... Where's Lizzy?" Bomi asked Nana trying to start a conversation. The two were now walking to Bomi's room because she forgot her wallet in the morning. 

Nana smiled at the thought of Lizzy but a frown grew within seconds, "She's on a business excursion with her father today but she'll be back tomorrow." 

Bomi just nodded, not really knowing how to respond. They arrived at room 813 and the two stepped inside. 

"I'll just be a second." Bomi said and rushed to her bedroom to grab her wallet. Bomi thought that Nana would stay in the living room but Nana followed behind her.

'Well there goes my chance to escape the awkwardness.." Bomi thought. When they entered the room Bomi wanted to quickly get her wallet so she could go eat and not talk to Nana anymore but to her disfortune, her wallet was somewhere in the mess of clothes on her floor. 

Nana sat on the bed and dangled her feet. "So, you either are rooming with your girlfriend or you just really like a giant bed." She said referring to the two beds Bomi pushed together.

"Second one." Bomi finally found her wallet and they proceeded to leave the building.

"Talking about girlfriends, what's up with you and Lizzy?" Bomi asked awkwawrdly, wondering about the dating rules and stuff that applied at Acube. 

Nana left the question unanswered for a second or two, looking hesitant, and it didn't got without notice. Bomi suddenly regreted asking such a personal question. 

"Y-you don't have to a-answer if you don't w-want to." Bomi said stuttering and scared that she pissed Nana off.

"No, no. It's okay. Um.." Nana paused again making Bomi feel uncomfortable yet again. "Can you keep a secret?" 

Bomi now was really scared and wondering what to say. "I guess? You shouldn't tell me if it's a secret. I-I just wanted to know about dating and stuff around here." 

Nana let out a huff, "Can you just listen to it? I want to get this off my chest but everyone here is so obsessive and crazy that I can't really find a good friend to share my feelings to."

Bomi now let out a sigh. Why me? I should've just acted like those losers so she wouldn't have picked me.

"Yeah, I can keep a secret." Bomi said. She didn't really care for what Nana had to share honestly, but she didn't want to be an about it. 

They were at the restaurant now and started eating. "I think I'm in love with Lizzy." Nana said slowly, not confidently like her usual self. Bomi looked at Nana unsurprised by what she said, it was pretty obvious. 

"She doesn't know?" Bomi asked stupidly. "Of course not. I'm scared to tell her, I don't want to ruin this friendship that I have with her." Nana had a tear running down her face and more were to come. 

Bomi felt bad for the girl. Who knew that the most confident, beautiful girl in school could be so vulnerable because of love. 

"What should I do, Bomi?" Bomi didn't know, these kinds of situations were completely unfamiliar to her. "I think you should tell her." Bomi just said some random advice, not even thinking about if it was stupid or not. 

"I-I'm too scared." Nana now had even more tears running down her face, it's surprising that she just met Bomi and now she was telling her personal life to her. 

"Then make her jealous and make her like you." Bomi poked at her food and put a fork or chicken into . 

"You think that would work?" Nana looked at Bomi with vurnerable puppy eyes and Bomi just shrugged. "Seems to work in the dramas." Bomi joked. 

Nana dried up her tears with a napkin. "Can you help me then Bomi?" Bomi's eyes widened, "Why me?" 

"If I get anyone else to do it they would take advantage of the oppurtunity by kissing me or something! Just do it for me, please? I'll treat you to this lunch." Bomi felt so bad for Nana at that moment. She also found it slightly sweet, the love Nana had for Lizzy. 

Poor girl... Hmm, maybe this'll be fun. What the hey! 

"Why not, let's do it.

 

TBC

Sometimes when I read a fic and there are too many characters from other groups I don't really like it. But please don't hate me for this, Nana is just a minor character who will have little effect in the story. She'll be gone before ya know it.. (: 

Sorry this one took awhile.. I've been a bit stressed lately and don't have a ton of time. 

Well.. Nothing else much to say, bye :)