Mountain

The New Girl

Third Person's POV

It was already Mid-june, it was two more weeks until school ended. Eunji, Naeun, Bomi and Chorong all sat around a table full of snacks in Chomi's dorm reminiscing when they were younger, when the last weeks of school was actually the least stressful of the whole year. Now it was literally the most stressful part of their whole life. Exams are worth 30% your final mark and if you don't get above 70% in the whole course, you're gonna have to repeat the damn course. 

Bomi of course was sitting there as her three friends study around her as she played with her phone and taking ocasional glances at her girlfriend. Even Bomi wasn't used to calling Chorong her girlfriend yet, its been a month and she still doesn't believe that she got Chorong to be hers. Bomi didn't care about exams at all, she was going to do well on them anyways and she didn't care if she failed. 

Eunji and her have practiced their routine to perfection; every single dance move and music note was crisp and precise. There was no room for error. Eunji could've blown off exams too, since she was also determined to be a singer but she thought about it. What would she do if her parents didn't allow her to leave Business and she failed her exams? She had to ace these tests just in case, she was preparing for the worst scenario possible. 

Chorong had given up trying to get Bomi to study, she tried to talk her into it. 'What if you can't get out of Acube? You'll have to repeat these courses if you fail.' Chorong would say to Bomi, to which the girl non-chalantly replied with a shrug and a 'I'll pass anyways.'. She was presistant in being a lazy bum and nothing, not even the love of her life, could get her to pick up a book. 

Bomi took a glance at Chorong, and this time it lasted longer. The look of Chorong working so incredibly hard was indearing to her. Bomi put a hand at Chorong's face, causing her to turn her head and look at Bomi. Chorong was slightly confused at the sudden intimacy, but nonetheless she smiled at it. "What.." She whispered blushing at Bomi, she didn't want to disturb Naeun and Eunji who were studying. 

"I love watching you work, it's inspiring." Bomi leaned in and kissed Chorong, they were just getting into the stage of their relationship where every kiss wasn't a giant event to mark down but each sweet kiss still meant the world to either of them. "If I'm so inspiring, pick up a book." Chorong teased, squeezing the girl's nose lightly. Bomi crinkled her nose, she put a hand on Chorong's and intertwined their fingers. "I told you I'll be fine without studying." Chorong let out a slight sigh. 

Chorong didn't know how to feel with the whole situation though. She wanted the best for Bomi, so she tried to prepare Bomi for the worst. Also, she wanted to support Bomi in her dreams, to be a dancer. Though it hurt her everytime she attended one of Bomi and Eunji's practices. She couldn't imagine how being at Acube for 10 months of her year without Bomi would be like. Would they be one of those long distance couples who tried but eventually fell apart? She didn't want to think it but it was so possible. 

Holding Bomi back wasn't great, though it was so hard to visualize being without her. She's talked to Naeun about this too, Naeun was worried too but not as much as Chorong. Naeun knew that herself was strong and Eunji was strong, that their relationship would never fade over any circumstance. However Chorong didn't feel the confidence within her, she wasn't strong even if Bomi was. She hated that she didn't trust the strength in their love no matter how much she tried. She was born preparing for worst situations, but with Bomi there was no preparing. It was a hard fall that she didn't know the end to. 

Chorong exhaled sharply. "I love you, Bbom-ah.." She has felt that way since long ago, but didn't bring herself to say it until now. Bomi was surprised; she's been waiting to hear these words from Chorong but it didn't come out in a tone that made Bomi feel like it was true. It seemed like it hurt Chorong to say it, which it did but it was still true steel. She contemplated whether breaking up with Bomi would be the best, if Bomi had dreams that she wanted to pursue.

"I love you, Yoon Bomi." Chorong kissed Bomi passionately for a couple seconds. Eunji and Naeun totally noticed but chose to return their focus back to their notes. The second time Chorong said it triggered Bomi to feel a lot more secure, it sounded more sincere and gleeful. Bomi landed a peck on Chorong's forehead gently. "I love you too, Chorong." 

Chorong started studying again, Bomi was staring at her, worried. Chorong lost a lot of sleep recently, primarily because all the studying but Bomi couldn't help but feel she was part of the reason why. They fell asleep in eachother's arms every night, Bomi would make sure not to sleep until Chorong did first. It went up to 5 or 6am sometimes. Bomi was used to a couple hours a sleep when she used to pull all nighters, she knew Chorong wasn't doing well. 

The four ate dinner together, letting loose and laughing. It was a hard time for all of them especially Chorong. She needed to pass examinations and all her over-thinking about Bomi wasn't helping either. She just had a lot on her plate, it was the one time Bomi couldn't help her eat it up. 

They washed up, Bomi made her way out of the bathroom to find Chorong staring blankly at the TV, though she was flipping channels. She felt it was time to talk to Chorong about her recent behavior. She wasn't out to make Chorong uncomfortable but she was her girlfriend. She was supposed to be the one that Chorong told everything to, but she was hiding something and it was crystal clear to Bomi. 

Bomi slowly lowered herself beside Chorong, putting an arm over her and letting Chorong snuggle her face into Bomi's shoulders. It was apparent that Chorong couldn't keep whatever she had pented up in anymore. "Tell me what's wrong, Rong. Hmm?" Bomi Chorong hair, petting her like a small kitten. Chorong started tearing up, Bomi read her like a book. "Bbom.. Everything is so stressful." Bomi was whispering 'I know, I know." even though she didn't know exactly why Chorong was so tense. 

"Am I going to lose you?" Chorong collected all her courage to ask Bomi, Bomi eyes widened at the question. She didn't even think Chorong would think this way, and she was a bit dumbfounded on why Chorong would feel this way. "You'll always have me, what makes you think you would lose me?" Bomi tried to smiled at Chorong who was crying steady tears. "If you're gonna leave Acube, are you going to leave me? " Bomi realized it was about her wanting to become a dancer when Chorong mentioned leaving Acube. 

"Leaving Acube is just leaving Acube. Our relationship does not get left behind, I will carry it with me where ever I go. Even if it falls down, I will drag it." Bomi whispered into Chorong's hair earnestly. "Are we gonna become that couple who thinks their love is indestructible but break after some rough hits? I don't want us to fade, Bomi, I care about you too much." Bomi was now crying too, she didn't like to cry but it was getting hard not to. All this talking about losing and breaking triggered the worst vibes. 

"I love you far too much to let the world come between us, let alone 'some rough hits'. I may have not showed you how much I love you yet, though I know that I will put all my heart in the palm of your hands to make it work, you're everything to me, Park Chorong." Chorong had Bomi's word on it but she was still lacking confidence, unknown if she herself would have the strength. "I know you can do it, but I don't know if I can. Maybe we should just end it here? You know.. Save us the pain." Chorong mangaed to mumble out, squeezing every last ounce of power out of herself. 

Bomi shook her head violently, hugging Chorong tighter. "Don't you ever talk like that, Chorong. If I can do it, you can; you're the strongest person I've ever met. Even if you give up, I'll make up for it by providing even more than my half." Chorong nodded and kissed Bomi's lip before walking off to the bedroom, leaving the conversation for another day. She was far too tired to get over this mountain, even if every mountain had relief on the other side of it. Bomi followed Chorong to the bedroom and backhugged her, whispering to her that it would be alright. 

 

TBC

Aww, it's a sad chapter for Chomi. I know, I know; y'all are probably like 'WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO CHOMI AFTER THEY JUST GOT TOGETHER YOU EVIL BIT-' 

Well, as Chorong says: Every mountain has relief on the other side. Relief is coming :)

The ending is near but still not here. Looking toward maybe another 3 chapters? 

Since this fic is ending, for those who still didn't check it out, here's my new Chomi fic freshly updated for you :) 

I'll see you next time, bye~ ^^

PS. I did not proof read this chapter at all so forgive my mistakes D: