Reading the Letter

The New Girl

Chorong's POV

I go to my locker after Marketing and then the envelope falls outs, I pick it up and look at the cursive. I forgot about this thing.. 

I put it in my pocket and head to the lunch room. Bomi said she was sick today so she stayed in the dorm, poor girl's forehead is as warm as the sun. 

Naeun said she was discussing a project with somebody and Eunji had to meet with a teacher. So that leaves me alone. 

I decide to go to the caf and get some food for me and Bomi, so I can bring it up to her. 

On my way there I think about the letter in my pocket. 

Should I open it now? I don't even care for it though. If I have a admirer, it wouldn't matter. I like one person and one person only.

I take it out of my pocket and look at the writing on the front, it doesn't look like Bomi's at all. Maybe I should just throw it away now..

I get some food and head toward the elevator.

I should at least take a look at it, the person who wrote it took their time to do it.

I take it out of my pocket and rip open the envelope.

 

From: ...

Dear Park Chorong. 

I liked you since the first day I saw you. 

You're on my mind all day and I just can't stop thinking about you. 

Please leave me a reply, slip it in locker 1248. 

<3

 

And there the letter ended. I stepped out of the elevator and walked toward our dorm. 

Who could this be? The letter is not written, but typed so analyzing handwriting wouldn't work. 

Hmm.. I do want to meet this person and tell them that I'm not interested just out of respect. I mean it would be rude to just ignore their efforts, right?

Who in the right mind would like me anyway? I slip the piece of paper back in my pocket, sigh and entered my suite. 

I close the door quietly and tiptoe to our bedroom in case she's sleeping. 

I open the door and Bomi is there playing on her phone. 

"Why aren't you resting? You're sick." I go to her and take her phone away, putting it on the night stand. 

"I can't go back to bed and I'm bored..." She pouts at me and I feel her forehead and it's still really warm. 

"I brought food for you. Come eat it, take some medicine and go back and rest." She nods and follows me to the dining table. 

"Here." I open the box and give her a fork. I start eating but I notice she's not. 

"Why aren't you eating?" I ask her. "I'm not hungry." She says pushing the food away. 

"No, no. You have to eat. I don't know a Bomi that is ever 'not hungry'." I say to her, concerned. She shakes her head and goes to the couch and turns on the TV. 

"Bbom, come here and eat." I say firmly but she shakes her head and continues to watch her show. 

"Yoon Bomi." I say but she still doesn't look or come to me. A heave a sigh and pick up her box of food, and walk to her. 

I pick up a fork of food and steer it toward . "Here comes the airplane'!" I say and she opens to recieve the pasta. 

I do this a couple times and it actually becomes fun. "Now you're hungry, eh?" I ask and laugh. 

"I'm not hungry. I'm just happy you're feeding me." She giggles like a kid and shouts 'more, more!'. 

She finishes the food and I get some medicine for her. She eats it and I take her back to the room an make sure she goes to bed. "Don't play on your phone, okay? Rest." I say and she nods obidiently. 

I leave the room and it's 11:58 so there's another half an hour of lunch. I sit down at the couch and take out a paper. "Let's write a reply to this person..." 

 

From: Chorong

Dear ...

I'm flattered that you have picked a person as boring as me to like. I honestly feel honored and if I could I would like you back; but I can't. 

I am already interested in one person and I just can't like anybody but her. So sorry. You are probably a great person, but I can't like you. 

 

I think it's alright, not too harsh but still assertive. My phone rings and I see Naeun's name on the caller ID. 

"Hey! Where are you?" She shouts. "I'm in the dorm, why?" 

"Phys. ed. is starting and you're not here!" I look at the time and it's five minutes over the lunch time. "Oh shoot. I was so caught up with Bomi and I lost track of time. I'll be right there." I quickly get my backpack and leave the dorm. I run to the change room and start changing immediately. 

"Where's Bomi?" She asks and I reply, "She's sick today." 

"Is it extreme?" She asks and I shake my head. "No, just mild but her head is pretty warm." 

"I got a.. Love letter." I says quietly as she is sitting on the bench waiting for me to finish changing into my gym clothes. 

"What? From who?" She asks, amused. "I don't know they signed it anonymous and told me to leave a reply in a locker. 

Eunji walks in the sits down on the bench, "What's up?" She asks and puts a hand on Naeun's knee. 

"Someone put a anonymous letter in my locker saying they like me." I explain to her and her eyes widen. "Oooh! It's probably Bomi!" She says and laughs

"Please. She's no where near romantic enough to do something like that." I say. "You never know. Bomi has some wildcards." She persists that it's Bomi. 

"It's not Bomi." I say and lead the way to the gymnasium. 

 

Bomi's POV

I wake up after a while and start playing on my phone again. Nana texts me about some campus party or something. I put my phone on my nightstand and leave to the living room, trying to follow the orders of Rong. 

I get an apple and sit at the dining table. Spread out on the table are a bunch of papers. I read the first one and.. It's the love letter. She just left it on the table like this? Must not mean anything to her.

I read it and it's from anonymous.. They are confessing their love to my Chorong? Leave a reply at locker.. Hm.

I read the next paper and it's a handwritten letter from Chorong. She rejected this anon but.. She likes someone else. 

Who would she like? Not her ex-boyfriend, that's for sure. It should be someone she met this year since she said she broke up with her boyfriend over the summer. Could it be Krystal? She's been tutoring with her and stuff.

But also Victoria. She has three classes with her and I see them talking when I wait for her outside of her Marketing class. 

Is it bad that this is actually driving me kind of insane? Gaah. I go back to the room and check my phone and basically Nana wants me to kiss her to end this with Lizzy. 

I'm so done stressing over this stuff with Nana.. It's so incredibly annoying. So I go to the living room and think more about Chorong. And who she likes. And who she likes. And who she likes. 

I've been waiting forever and finally hear the front door click open. 

"Where did you go?" I ask Chorong. "I was getting tutored by Krystal but I should have rescheduled, sorry." Again with that Krystal. I wonder... She comes to me and puts a hand on my forehead. 

"Are you feeling better?" She's so concerned for me..

"Yup!" I respond and smile at her even though I'm feeling a bit weak. "Your forehead feels a bit better but not a lot.." She goes to the kitchen and gets some water and medicine for me.

"Did you rest or play with your phone?" She asks me while feeding me the medicine. Well, technically, I did play on my phone. So I naturally look kind of guilty. 

"You disobeyed me, didn't you?" She says and I nod slowly. "Bad Bomi." Chorong flicks me on the head lightly and I whine to her. "Oww." I say and pout.

She smiles at my cuteness, "Sorry." She rubs the spot where she flicked and gave it a kiss. "Better?" I nod. 

"So Nana texted me." I started and she had an unreadable expression on her face. "Why?" 

"Well basically you know how I'm helping her get Lizzy jealous?" She nods. "Well, yesterday wasn't enough apparently." She sighs, "Are you sure she doesn't just like you and she's using this as a plan to like, seduce you or something?" That's impossible, Nana was really sincere when she told me she loved Lizzy. 

"What?" I question her strange suggestion. "I mean, she touches you more than she touches Lizzy." I shrug it off. 

"She probably doesn't like me and even if she does, I wouldn't like her back. Anyway, she invited us to a party tomorrow. It's held on campus and a lot of people are going. And she says that she wants to end our 'plan' tomorrow." I explain. 

"How?" I look at her nervously. "Well, she said I should kiss her." Her jaw drops open. "What." She doesn't say anything else for a while. 

"Yeah, she says that this would make Lizzy jealous enough so that she would confess and I just want to put a end to her using me like this." I explain further. 

"And you're okay with this..." She asks quietly and I shake my head. "Look, I don't want to kiss her. I want her to stop using me." Chorong frowns. "Can't you just tell her that you don't want to do this anymore?" 

"No! Do you know how big she is around here? If I offend her and she gets pissed at me, her herds or fangirls with come running after me with torches and pitchforks. If she kisses me, at least they respect her decision to, so they wouldn't kill me."

"Fine." She says and marches off to the bathroom. 

 

TBC

Hi. So Chorong opened the letter and it's from.. ANON! Haha, yup; you'll find out who wrote it later. Meanwhile, you can submit your theories. 

Nana and Bomi smooching, huh? Seems like Lizzy isn't the only one that's gonna be unhappy about it *coughChorongcough* >:)

2eun is lacking in my fic recently but I'll try to add hints of them here and there. I just want Chomi to progress before this fic gets too long :/

That's it for now, bye! ^^