Secrets

Scared of the Ocean

"Your highnesses!" A guard took Kibum and Jonghyun by surprise. They were sitting in the throne room with Taemin who was now three, playing with their son and his toys.

"Yes?" Jonghyun asked, rising from the floor.

"You have a visitor who says that it is of great urgency that you meet." The guard said, a little out of breath.

"Alright," Jonghyun sighed looking back at his family on the floor. "Bring them in."

Jonghyun went back to sitting on the floor next to his son and husband.

"Your highnesses." A desperate yet weak female voice called out to the two men in front of her. The two men rose from the floor; Jonghyun holding Kibum's waist and Kibum holding a giggling Taemin. The woman in front of them bowed. The kings could see that the woman was extremely ill. Her skin was pale and her large eyes sunken in. Her once thick hair was now thin and frail and her clothing was a mess.

"My goodness," Jonghyun exclaimed rushing to the woman and leading her to a chair. "What has happened to you?"

"My baby," She coughed. "He was stolen from me."

"Stolen?" Kibum gasped, making his way to the woman.

"Yes, stolen. The great land demons somehow found my house and raided it. They ripped my son right out of my hands!" The woman sobbed.

"Oh, no." Kibum breathed. "How long has he been gone?"

"Four months." The woman replied.

"Why did you not tell us before?" Jonghyun asked her gently.

"Because, you are all too busy with running the kingdom and raising your beautiful son. How important could a commoner's problems be?" The woman looked into the kings' eyes.

"Very important." Kibum said sternly. "I run the kingdom in hopes of making it a fair and wonderful place for you to live. I also understand the importance of a child to it's parents." Kibum bounced Taemin in his arms to emphasize his point.
"I have just come to realize that. I am grateful for all your hard work; the whole kingdom is. But I haven't come to ask you to search for my son; he is long gone, trust me. I have come to warn you that I have been hearing many stories of children being kidnapped recently. Please, you must watch your son closely." The woman begged.

"Of course." Jonghyun said to the woman.

****************************************

"Minho!"

"Hyung!"

The room was filled with repeated shouts from Taemin and Onew. Taemin had tried to swim out of Kibum's pouch, but, Kibum placed his hand on Taemin's head in a silent warning not to move. Meanwhile, Onew was racing around the pool to find the closest angle he could get to Minho.

"Minho! Hold on!" Onew shouted, still in a panic. "Why the hell did you do that?" Onew shouted at Kibum. "He can't swim!"

"Oh, I think you may be wrong about that." Kibum said, not concerned at all.

"What?!" Onew said in disbelief. "His family has instilled this lifelong fear of large bodies of water in him!"

"Just wait." Jonghyun told him.

Moments later, Minho surfaced. He looked totally distorted and completely terrified. Everything was silent for a moment as everyone took in the sight before them. Suddenly, Taemin burst out of his father's pouch and raced to Minho's side, gently grabbing onto his arm with both hands, making sure he was okay.

"Oh. My. God." Onew choked out. "What just happened?!"

"I wasn't positive, but, I just wanted to check. I didn't think I'd actually be right....." Kibum trailed off, staring at a very wet Minho.

"Daddy," Taemin said in disapproval. "If you weren't sure, why did you do it?"

"Well," Jonghyun butted in. "We wanted to make sure. Apparently our suspicions were justified."

"Yeah, they really were." Kibum breathed.

"What are you all talking about?" Minho asked them, completely lost.

"Minho," Taemin said as gently as he could, not sure how to break the news. "You should look down."
"What? Why?" Minho stared at Taemin like he had a third eye and purple skin.

"Just....do it." Taemin said.

Minho finally gave in and looked down and gasped at what he saw. Where there should have been feet, was no replaced with a bright red tail that got lighted the closer it go to the fins. The scales shined under the water adding an unearthly quality to his tail.

"Oh my God! Oh my God!" Minho practically screamed. "This is not happening! This cannot be happening right now!"

"Um," Jonghyun said. "I hate to break it to ya, but you're a mermaid."

"But-but how?" Minho said, still panicking.

"Well," Kibum said. "I think that you may be the child of Choi Jayeon. She was a local baker in our kingdom who lost her baby when Taemin was just three years old. The baby was kidnapped by the humans and she died shortly thereafter. The baby was never found."

"You think I'm that baby?!" Minho screeched.

"Well, yes." Jonghyun said, rubbing the back of his neck. "You resemble her a great deal and it would make sense for your parents to try to keep you out of the water. They didn't want you to find out about who you really are."

"But, why didn't I change in the shower or something?"

"I'm not sure." Kibum said, genuinely confused. "Maybe there is some added chemical in your water similar to the chlorine you put in pools. If a mermaid were to be put in a chlorinated pool we wouldn't change."

"So wait," Onew said. "You think his parents know?!"

"Yes, I think  they are more than aware that their son is a mermaid. I don' t think they were the ones who kidnapped him but I think they know." Kibum said.

"Oh my God. Oh my God." Minho said, still panicking.

"MINHO HYUNG!" Taemin shouted at him to calm him down.

"Taemin?" Minho said as if it was the first time he had seen him there.

"Uh, yeah?" Taemin looked at his parents in confusion who just shrugged in response.

"You look...different." Minho said, almost blatantly checking him out.

"YA!" Kibum shouted, rushing over to Taemin, and pulling him into his arms. "Don't check out my baby!"

"I wasn't...I mean....I..." Minho stuttered.

"Busted!" Onew shouted at them and he and Jonghyun burst into laughter. Meanwhile Minho continued to stutter and Kibum was forcing Taemin to go back into his pouch. None of them noticed the figure watching them outside the door.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

Looky! We updated so fassttt!!! So not much of an author's note cause I really don't have much to say really (E/N: Other than the fact that she got mad at me when she noticed I did a teaser without telling her...whoopsy). So anyway, I really enjoyed the EXPLOSION of comments that were posted after the teaser (HI ANNNA!!!!!!!!!!).

We love you all!!!!

 

PICTA SPAM
img0061r.jpgtumblr_m8rkbwqfvW1rxh0uto1_400.jpgtumblr_l63fy6feAx1qa4uc1o1_500.jpgtumblr_l65hqnCsg51qa4uc1o1_500.jpgtaekey_on_the_beach_by_iirachanii-d4hkxwfather and son....awwwwwwww

tumblr_m411o86wq21r09cr6o1_500.png40qm9mtaekey_by_knotberry-d53h1xr.jpgtaekey_in_kitchen_by_knotberry-d4l11il.jtumblr_m1ndut1KWl1qdsijro3_250.gif