Proposal

Scared of the Ocean

KIbum sat in the rocking chair located in his son’s nursery. It was a peaceful day for the most part. He didn’t have any meetings to attend to so he mostly spent his time caring for his baby. Taemin’s hair was getting long and Kibum decided to braid it so it wouldn’t get in his son’s face. The baby was more than happy with the attention he was receiving and was babbling excitedly, almost as if he was telling him something of great importance, on his father’s lap. Without warning, the door to the nursery opened and a very irritated Jonghyun made his way to the rocking chair.

“I hate, hate, HATE King Sehun!” Jonghyun complained. “He’s so pushy!”

“Well, he is in desperate need of an ally. His father is threatening to marry him off to some other kingdom if he doesn’t make one soon. We both know that if that happens then the throne will be handed to his brother and he won’t be king of the North Korean Kingdom.” Kibum reasoned.

“Why doesn’t he bother King Luhan or King Yixing then?” Jonghyun grumbled.

“Probably hasn’t made it that far.” Kibum shrugged.

“Well, he needs to! You know what he tried to propose today?!”

“No, what?”

“He wants us to let him MARRY Taemin. TAEMIN! What kind of ert wants to marry a baby?!” Without warning, Jonghyun reached over and plucked Taemin out of Kibum’s arms. “I won’t let him do that though. No I won’t.” He cooed at the baby who clapped his hands together in front of his face.

“Did you tell him that you’re unwilling to do that?” Kibum asked.

“Of course I did!” Jonghyun rolled his eyes. “I’m not letting anyone have our Tae-baby!”

“Good.” Was all Kibum said. Taemin, who had been forgotten momentarily, began tugging on Jonghyun’s hair and babbled at him.

“What’s that?” Jonghyun asked the baby as if he understood what he said. “Daddy is handsome? Well, I could’ve told you that!”

“Really, Jjong?” Kibum smiled despite himself.

“What Tae?” Jonghyun frowned in concentration. “I agree wholeheartedly!”

“What now?” Kibum laughed.

“He says he’s hungry and thinks that Appa should have dinner now.” Jonghyun smiled at his own joke.

“Wow, Jjong. Using our baby to get food. You’re really something.” Kibum laughed.

“Funny! You just so happened to say that I was ‘really something’ last night, too.” Jonghyun winked at Kibum before racing away with Taemin securely in his arms.  

“JONGHYUN!”  

***********************************

“Taemin,” Kibum woke his son who had fallen asleep in his pouch some time after getting his bracelet. He didn’t even notice that they were already back in the palace. “Wake up, sweetie. Appa’s going to want to see what we got you.”

“Daddy?” Taemin’s groggy voice came from his pouch.

“Wake up, darling.” Kibum urged gently. Finally, with a yawn, Taemin’s face peeked out from Kibum’s pouch.

“Where are we?” Taemin asked prompting both his parents to laugh.

“You don’t recognize your own palace?” Jonghyun laughed.

“Oh.” Was all Taemin managed.

“Yeah,” Jonghyun laughed before grabbing Taemin and pulling him into his arms. Taemin wrapped his arms around Jonghyun’s neck and buried his face into the crook in between his shoulder and his neck.  

“King Luhan and Sehun are here.” Jonghyun told his mate.

“Really?” Kibum was surprised; the two king’s weren’t supposed to arrive until the following week.

“Yes,” Jonghyun sighed. “They request our presence.”

“Of course they do.” Kibum sighed. He really did like the two kings but King Sehun could be extremely pushy and demanding which was the exact opposite of his mate, Luhan.

“Tae,” Jonghyun smiled at his son as they entered Taemin’s room. “Daddy and Appa have to go talk to some of the other kings. We’ll be back soon.”

“Okay.” The boy yawned before snuggling under the blankets of his bed.

Kibum and Jonghyun took each other’s hands before making their way to the grand entrance room where most of their guests waited for the kings to arrive. Once inside the room, they  made their way to the head of the grand table that was placed in the center of the room. Since Kibum was the heir to the throne, he sat at the head of the table while Jonghyun sat to his left.

“Hello, Luhan, Sehun.” Kibum and Jonghyun bowed politely in their seats.  

“Kibum, Jonghyun.” Luhan said softly. Luhan’s voice tended to be softer while Sehun’s was sharper and more stern.

“How are you this fine evening? I hope we didn’t keep you waiting too long.” Kibum smiled.

“No, not at all.” Luhan smiled in response.

“What brings you two here? It’s a long way to travel just for leisure.” Jonghyun asked.

“Well, we came to renew the truce set up between our kingdoms.” Sehun said.
“Ah, yes.” Kibum acknowledged. “But that’s not for another few months.”

“Yes, well, our proposition will take a few months to set up.” Sehun offered.

“And what is this ‘proposition’ you speak of?” Jonghyun asked warily.

“You remember our son, Tao?” Sehun asked.

“Yes? What of him?” Kibum asked skeptically.

“We have been looking for a mate for him and seeing as our two kingdoms are in need of the truce renewal we feel like it is wise to marry him off to another highly recognized and respected prince. And who better than your son, Prince Taemin of the High Korean Kingdom.”

“So let me get this straight,” Kibum said in a controlled voice. “You wish for us to marry our son off to yours in exchange for the truce renewal?”

“Yes.” Sehun said.


**********************************************************************************************************************************

A/n:

Hey look it's Exo! So to clear up any confusion you may have: Luhan and Sehun ARE mates. I typically don't write Exo (E/N: Lets be honest, there's a crap ton of Exo fics floating around everywhere) but they just kinda fit into the story. But just for s and giggles I decided to make Sehun an insistant and Luhan a gentle reserved King. So totally opposite for Key and Jjong becuase they're pretty outspoken.

This story is almost done (GASP). We have like maybe three more chapters. I'm trying to think of another fic to write but I'm coming up blank. So if anyone has any requests let me know and I'll take it into consideration. 

 

Okay, short author's note is short.

 

PICTA SPAM

cqu3sdLuhan and Sehun for anyone who lives under a Kpop rock.

Az8NZUvCYAANwON.jpg:largetumblr_m49uc36R0o1qhcznwo3_250.gifAt5Pak3CEAIy_9B.jpg:largetumblr_m3boel2oLV1r2ah40o1_500.jpgDaddy, Appa, son <3

this_is_how_by_miyukiiichan-d4a5qgd.jpg he will return ;)