Clams, Anemones, and Bracelets

Scared of the Ocean

A/N:

So I have decided that I will no longer be writing. I have been going through a lot lately and have lost the desire to write more fan fiction. I titled this chapter just to be sure that you would all read this because I didn't want for any of my readers to skip this chapter because it said "Author's note". I am sorry that I never finished this story before I decided to cease writing and I hope you will all understand my decision to quit writing. I may decide to write again someday but I wouldn't bet on it. I will be deleting my account within the next few days. I am very sorry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA I SO TROLLED YOU DIDN'T I?!  I'M SORRY I HAD TO!! OKAY ENJOY THE CHAPTER!

******************************************************************************************************

“Daddy, read it again!” A two year old Taemin insisted.

 

“Now now, Taemin.” Kibum smiled. “It’s way past your bedtime, sweetie.”


“Again, again!” The baby bounced up and down in his bed.

 

“I’ll read it to you tomorrow, okay?” The King offered.

 

“Fine.” Taemin pouted before snuggling into the blankets as Kibum tucked him in.

 

“Goodnight, my sweet baby.” Kibum gave Taemin a peck on the lips before turning to leave the room.

 

“Daddy?” The boy called out before Kibum had made it through the doorway.

 

“Yes?” Kibum turned to look at Taemin.

 

“Do you think I’ll ever find true love like the princess in the story did?”

 

“Of course you will, Taemin.” Kibum laughed. “Now go to bed.”

 

“Alright, Daddy. I love you.” The boy said happily.

 

“I love you, too.” Kibum said gently before closing the door.

***************************************

Exhausted. Minho was absolutely exhausted. He had been swimming for what felt like days but was in all actuality just a few hours. Maybe I should have thought this one through better he thought to himself. He had thought that once he dived in instincts would take over and lead him to the kingdom that Taemin and his family lived in. But, all that happened was he just sat there totally lost and confused because all the ocean really was, was a great big mass of blue nothingness. All he could see in front of him was blue with some fish in the distance. Nope just kidding, they just got eaten. On both sides of him was just blue and he didn’t even have to look behind him to know that all he’d see would be blue.

 

Taemin had lied, he had said that the ocean was the most beautiful place that Minho would ever see. He said that there were vibrant colors, beautiful people, and it was teeming with life. But as far as Minho could tell, the ocean was pretty much a wasteland. WHERE WAS THIS STUPID KINGDOM?!

 

“Hey, kid!” A nasally, almost Italian sounding voice called out.

 

Minho spun around in circles looking for the source of the voice.

 

“Over here!” The voice called.

 

Minho continued to spin around.

 

“To your left!” The voice directed. “No! Your other left you dimwit. Okay, good….now STOP! Look down!”

 

Minho looked down to see a clam. It had sprouted eyes that reminded him of the googly ones that kids glued to cotton balls for art projects.

 

“Hey there,” The clam said. “You’re not from around here are you, kid?”


“No, how could you tell?” Minho was genuinely surprised at the clam’s statement.

 

“You look lost as lost could be. What are you looking for?”

 

“Um, the kingdom.”

 

“Which one?” There was a hint of amusement in the clam’s voice.

 

“Which...one?”

 

“Yeah,” The clam laughed. “Like the East Chinese, North Chinese, Pacific Grand Kingdom, Atlantic Fire Kingdom, Japanese High Kingdom, Tropical Kingdom, Grand Korean Kingdom?”

 

“Uh, whichever one Prince Taemin, King Kibum, and King Jonghyun are from.” Minho sputtered. There were so many kingdoms!

 

“The Kim Family?!” The clam seemed surprised by Minho’s question. “Well, that would be the High Korean Kingdom.”

 

“Fancy name.” Minho muttered.

 

“It’s a fancy place.” The clam responded. “What are you doing over there? The High Kingdom is a prestigious place. Only the best of the best live there. Wait, are you a tourist?”

 

“Tourist?” The ocean had tourists?!

 

“Yeah, you know, the mermaids that like to visit the High Kingdom just to say they have?” The clam was very amused.

 

“Oh,” Minho found this clam to be more than slightly funny. “No, I’m actually a good friend of the Prince and his family.”

 

“WHAT?!” The clam nearly fell of the coral he was perched on. “Yo, Sam, listen to this kid! He says he’s a friend of The Great Prince Taemin!”

 

“Well, well, well.” The anemone that Minho hadn’t even noticed was there before, spoke up.  “Are you like some prince or something?”

 

“No?” Minho had to admit, the creatures of the ocean were much nosier than most people he knew. Besides Onew but it would take a lot to beat Onew.

 

“How do you know the Prince then?” The clam asked.

 

“My friend and I helped rescue him when he was kidnapped.” Minho finally explained. Both the clam and Sam gasped comically.

 

“Well then,” The clam said. “I guess you do have reason to be there.”

 

“Yeah. Do you think you could help me?” Minho asked desperately. He did not want to wander around any longer than he had to.

 

“Well, sure.” Sam said before letting out a loud whistle that echoed into the ocean.

 

Anemones can whistle?! Minho thought to himself before a large shadow overtook the area. Minho turned around  and gasped at the sight before him.

*********************************************

Meanwhile, back at the palace, Taemin had gotten back into the swing of things. Today he and his Daddy  were going out to town to get some groceries from the local market. They did this almost every weekend together. His Daddy used it as an opportunity to bond and spend time with his son while also interacting with the locals and helping the local economy.

 

“Daddy!” Taemin shouted excitedly from his Daddy’s pouch. His Daddy insisted that Taemin remain in the pouch the entire time they went out so he didn’t get lost. Taemin thought this was silly because he knew his way around their kingdom and he also knew that the citizens of the kingdom would be more than happy to assist him.

 

“What is it, dear?” His father asked.

 

“Look at the pretty shells!” The boy pointed in the direction of a vendor who was selling bracelets made out of dyed shells.

 

“Would you like one?” His Daddy asked, knowing the answer to his question.

 

“Yes please!” The boy clapped his hands in happiness.

 

“Welcome, you highness.” The kind old vendor bowed in respect for the royals before her.

 

“Hello, my lady.” Kibum was always polite to his citizens and often referred to them with titles. “My son and I were admiring the shells you are selling.”

 

“Ah, yes.” The woman smiled at Taemin who had just popped his head out of Kibum’s pouch and was smiling happily. “Do you see anything that catches your interest, my Prince?”

 

“Um,” The boy looked at all the bracelets before his eyes landed on a green and blue one made of clam shells and rocks. “I like that one!”

 

“Ah, interesting choice, your highness.” The woman took the bracelet out of the display case. “This particular bracelet is capable of finding true love.”

 

“Woah.” Taemin’s eyes went comically wide. “How so?”

 

“It is said that once the owner has found true love the bracelet will break in two and attach itself to the owner’s true love. Once this happens, the bracelet will never be able to be removed and it will signify to others that you and your mate are taken for eternity.”

 

“Wow,” Taemin’s eyes became saucers which caused Kibum and the lady to laugh. “Can I have it, Daddy? Please please please?!”

 

“Of course, my sweet boy.” Kibum laughed at his son’s cuteness. “How much is it ma’am?”

“For you,” The lady smiled. “It’s free.”

 

“No,” The King protested. “I can’t take this for free when I am more than capable of paying. It’s only fair.”

 

“No, no.” The lady smiled and handed the bracelet into Taemin’s waiting hands. “The bracelet is special and I’ve been waiting for its owner for a long time now. Please, take it.”

 

“Thank you, ma’am.” Kibum bowed low to show his gratitude before leaving to continue shopping.

 

“That boy is special.” The lady smiled to herself.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N (part 2):

Sorry for taking so long to update. Both Bre and I have lost two friends within the span of a week from our high school (E/N: It happens every year and it happens in threes so now everyone I know-whether or not they're graduated like I am- is on edge just kinda waiting to see who's next. It's really sad but true. I think this is like the 9th friend in 5 years) so it's been one of those weeks where neither of us felt like doing anything. Sorry :( Hope this chapter makes up for it though! We only have a few more chapters to go before we're done!!!

 

PICTA SPAM

 

hair-smell.jpgtumblr_lqkorixpmn1qd5eydo1_500.gifI um hahahahhahahahahahhaha

minho.jpgtumblrl7kgfmfkib1qa4uc1.jpgshinee_macro__key_has_problems___by_xrin4849dad8f284a8f4f84af72f4a3bd394.jpgtumblr_lkc57hMhp81qeklh9.jpg