Fight

Scared of the Ocean

“Kibum, you can’t let him get away with everything!” Jonghyun raised his voice. Jonghyun rarely raised his voice at his mate and son but he was beyond frustrated.

“Jonghyun, you’re blowing this way out of proportion!” Kibum’s voice began to escalate.

The two kings rarely argued with each other, preferring to talk things out rather than shouting and being angry with one another. They loved each which is probably why they were arguing in the first place.

“Kibum, he re-painted an entire room!”  Jonghyun crossed his arms.

“Oh come on, it was cute!” Kibum chuckled to himself at the memory of his two year old son sitting in the center of his play room, brush in hand, painting the walls a bright shade of pink.

“As cute as it may be, you need to punish him.”

“Why the hell would I do that?!” Kibum shouted. The thought of punishing his child made him frown. He loved his son dearly and knew that his son was very sensitive to being punished and getting in trouble.

“You can’t teach him that painting the walls is okay! He’ll just do it again!” Jonghyun shouted, pushed to his breaking point. He knew he was being harsh but he just wanted the best for his son even if that meant doing something he hated doing; punishing him.

“I’ll talk to him! I don’t need to punish him though!” Kibum shouted back. The thought of punishing his son broke his heart but deep down he knew Jonghyun was right.

“Kibum how do you expect him to learn like this?!” Jonghyun shouted. As soon as the words left his mouth both the kings heard a small whimper coming from the doorway. Both kings froze, knowing exactly who the whimper belonged to. Their son had a habit of sneaking into their room unannounced. Normally the kings didn’t mind it, but when they argued they didn’t want their son to hear.

“Taemin!” Kibum cried, rushing to his son’s side, picking him up. “What are you doing out of bed?”

“Bad dream.” Was all the sniffling boy said.

“Oh, honey. It’s okay.” Kibum cooed to his son, his hair.

“Why is Daddy and Appa shouting?” The boy asked, teary eyed.

“Daddy and Appa are just having an argument sweetie.” Kibum tried to explain in a way the young boy would understand.

“Argument?”

“Daddy and Appa just don’t agree on something, that’s all.” Jonghyun came to Kibum’s side.

“Is it Taemin’s fault?” The boy asked. Taemin had a habit of speaking in third person and it was something Kibum thought was absolutely adorable. “Taeminnie is sorry.”

“For what, baby?” Jonghyun asked.

“For being a bad boy and painting the walls.” Apparently the boy had heard more than the kings realized.

“Oh, Taeminnie.” Kibum sighed, giving his mate a glare. “It’s not your fault Appa and Daddy are arguing.” Jonghyun just nodded in agreement.

“But Appa said Taeminnie was being bad.”

“Oh baby,” Jonghyun sighed. “You weren’t being bad. You just can’t paint the walls anymore, okay? You can only paint on the paper.”

“Okay.” The boy nodded.

***************************************************

“MWAH?!” A voice shouted from the doorway. Taemin didn’t have to turn around to know who the voice belonged to.

“.” Onew swore under his breath.

“You are not talking about what I think you’re talking about are you?!” The voice shouted.

“Minho…” Taemin mumbled, not looking at the boy.

“You know you have really ty timing, Minho.” Onew crossed his arms.

“I don’t care how ty my timing may be, you guys aren’t possibly talking about leaving the pool, are you?” Minho meant for his words to be a question but they ended up sounding more like a statement than anything else.

“Minho...I….yes.” Taemin finally admitted.

“Why?” Minho asked. “Why would you want to leave? Do I not make happy?”

“Of course you do!’ Taemin was shocked by the question. “I just stay here much longer.”

“Why not? I can get better food, I’ll be here more often, I’ll get toys.” Minho’s offered.

“Minho, that’s not what I meant.” Taemin looked down.

“Then what do I need to do?”

“Minho, I don’t belong here. This isn’t my home.” Taemin said matter-of-factly.

“Yes it is. I can make it your home.” Minho offered.
“No you can’t, Minho. I belong in the ocean.” Taemin frowned at Minho’s stubbornness.

“Why?”

“Because, that’s where I live, Minho. My home is there, you forget that I’m a prince. I have an entire kingdom to run someday. I can’t just abandon my responsibilities!” Taemin argued.

“But you don’t have to rule your kingdom for a long time! You’ve got years, Taemin. What are you going to do in the meantime?!” Minho shot back.
“I’m going to
learn how to rule the kingdom! There’s so much to learn about ruling a kingdom!”

“Like what? How to make royal decrees and listen to other’s complaints?!”

“That’s not what I do, Minho!”

“Oh really? What is it that you do then?!”

“I have to pass laws, look after the well-being of the kingdom and the people in it, play nice with the surrounding kingdoms, avoid war, help those who need it!” Taemin shouted, his tail turning  red, showing his aggravation.

“That’s it?” Minho crossed his arms in defiance.

“Hey now, don’t you think this is getting a little out of hand?!” Onew tried to calm down his friend by putting his hand on his shoulder only to have Minho shrug it off.

“NO!” Both boys shouted.

“You can’t leave!” Minho shouted at Taemin.

“Why the hell not?!” Taemin shouted back.

“Because I like you dammit!” Minho blurted out. As soon as the words left his mouth, he turned bright red, realizing what he had just said.

“What?” Taemin asked after a long pause, his tail now bright pink.

“I...I um...I like you, okay!” Minho shouted, embarrassed. Without warning, Taemin let out a loud bitter sounding laugh.

“I can’t believe you!” Taemin shouted.

“What?” Minho asked, surprised.

“You know that I like you and now you’re using it against me to try to get me stay! Are you serious?!” Taemin’s tail had changed back to red.

“What are you talking about?! That is NOT what I meant!” Minho shouted.

“Leave me alone, I’m done talking to you. Clearly you just want me to stay for your own entertainment.” Taemin half shouted, half growled.

“That’s not true!” Minho argued.

“LEAVE!” Taemin shouted.

“If that’s how you’re going to be then I don’t want to be here anyway!” Minho’s face was changing to an odd shade of red.

“FINE!” Taemin shouted before diving to the bottom of the pool.

“FINE!” Minho yelled, before storming off.

“What was that?” Jonghyun asked a very shocked Onew after surfacing. The two kings preferred to be at the bottom of the pool, keeping to themselves most of the time.

“I’m not totally sure. I think they just admitted they liked each other, but they kinda just stormed off.” Onew muttered.

“Alrighty then.” Jonghyun chuckled.

“Uh huh.” Onew just stared off into space.

“I’m gonna go check on my son now.” Jonghyun inched away from Onew.

“M’kay.” Onew just muttered.

Jonghyun quickly dove to the bottom of the pool leaving behind a very confused Onew.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

E/N: Looky an update! I wrote this chapter so it was easier for me to update :) So they finally admitted that they  like each other!!! How many of you are happy?! I am! It took them long enough, right?! Well, I have class in like T minus 10 so this is gonna be super short. Sorry :( Comments are love :)

 

PICTA SPAM

fanfic-on.jpg

4914790225_395e4c53f3.jpgtumblr_lgvhxfSnT21qhq2rzo1_500.jpg