Story

Scared of the Ocean

“Tae-baby, I think it’s time that Daddy and Appa told you a story.” Kibum said.

 

“A story? I love stories!” Onew spoke up.

“Yes,” Kibum said, Taemin’s hair. Minho didn’t know why, but he felt a surge of jealousy wash over him. “Now get comfortable, because this is going to be a long story.”

The boys took the King’s advice. Minho and Onew sat down on the two chairs located by the pool’s edge (Minho made sure his was far enough away that he wouldn’t fall in). Jonghyun scooted closer to Kibum and Taemin while Taemin snuggled back into Kibum’s embrace. Once everyone was settled in and comfortable did Kibum begin to tell his story:

“Once upon a time-”

“Woah, woah, woah.” Jonghyun butted in, cutting Kibum off. “What is this? A fairytale?”

“Well, how do you suggest I start it?” Kibum glared at him. Minho and Onew watched the two mermen argue with each other in amusement.

“I don’t know. But not like that.” Jonghyun shrugged.

“Fine.” Kibum gave Jonghyun one last glare before beginning his story once again:

 

“It was about thirty years ago that I met you father. At first I thought he was the single most infuriating merman alive. He would purposefully do stuff to get under my skin. He would rearrange my shower gels when I wasn’t looking, he’d turn the pictures on my wall upside down, he even put a SQUID in my bed once. I thought I was going to KILL him. What I didn’t realize, was that I was slowly falling in love with your Appa.

I found myself dreaming about him, stealing glances at him whenever I got the chance, thinking about him during meetings. It wasn’t until I saw him flirting with one of the maids that I truly realized just how I felt about your Appa. I remember becoming so infuriated that I asked my parents to fire the maid. Of course, I had to explain WHY I wanted to fire the innocent maid, but I was so desperate to make your Appa mine that  I didn’t really think about what I was asking of my parents.”

“Did grandma and grandpa fire the maid, Daddy?” Taemin interrupted.

“No, but they did move her to different part of the palace.” Jonghyun answered before Kibum continued.

 

“Eventually, I admitted to your Appa how I felt about him. It took a lot of courage for me because I was never the one that confessed my love for anyone; that was always your father. But, I did confess how I truly felt to your Appa and soon after  we were an official couple.”

“I don’t remember it that way.” Jonghyun cut off Kibum again. “I remember you shouting ‘I like you, you pabo!’ and then swimming off. I had to actually chase you down after that.”

“Shut up, I’m telling a story!” Kibum growled.

 

“Anyway, we were a couple for about six years before we were officially mated to one another. About a year after being mated did I begin to want a baby. Appa was a little more reluctant to start trying but I finally was able to convince him that we should have a child.”

 

“YA!” Jonghyun interrupted again. “You make me sound like I didn’t want to have a kid!”

“Will you shut up! I’m getting there!” Kibum growled in frustration before continuing on.

 

“The truth was, that your Appa really did want kids but he was nervous about getting his mate pregnant. We all know that male mermaid pregnancies can be difficult, but, I had convinced him that I would be okay and he didn’t have to worry. So we began trying. It took us a few months before I got pregnant the first time. We were completely ecstatic! But, as you already know, I lost the baby about three weeks into the pregnancy. It devastated us both. Both Appa and I were so excited about that baby but we had lost it. So, after a few weeks I insisted we try again. So we did. It took about six months for me to get pregnant again but I when I was, we were thrilled. I carried the baby to term only to have it be stillborn. It broke Appa and my hearts. I began to question whether or not I was ever going to be strong enough to carry my own child. Two years passed like that but one day, after we had stopped trying, I found out I was pregnant again. Appa and I were shocked at first but then we became thrilled. Though, I still had that little amount of fear in my heart that I would lose you too.”

“I was scared too, for the record.” Jonghyun threw in.

 

“After a few weeks, it became evident that you were stronger than the other babies we had lost. Appa insisted on carrying me EVERYWHERE. He thought that if I swam on my own that it would be bad for you. When the time came to find out your we were so excited. Everyone in the palace were making bets. Most people thought you were a girl because girl babies are stronger than boy babies traditionally. But, when they told us you were a boy, we cried and cried. We couldn’t have been happier! We were having a baby boy! When I carried you to term it surprised everyone, even ourselves. I was afraid that you would be stillborn too, but when they put a squirming baby boy in my arms, I knew you were healthy. Your Appa and I cried and cried. We had the most beautiful baby that ever existed. It was our dream come true.

 

Holding you in my arms was the most magical moment of my life and I think Appa can agree on that fact. Raising you was the most amazing thing we’ve ever done. Every single moment that we’ve had with you has been some of the best moments of our lives. Your first words, the first time you ever swam on your own, every smile, everything you’ve done has been so special to us.”

“I totally agree with Daddy with is.” Jonghyun said, making sure Kibum was done with the story.

“Tae-baby, do you know why Appa and Daddy haven’t given you a brother or sister?” Kibum asked, petting his son’s hair and Taemin snuggled into his chest.

“No, why?” Taemin mummbled against Kibum’s chest.

“Because we were afraid that we wouldn’t be able to love another baby as much as we love you.” Jonghyun answered.

“Really?” Taemin asked, lifting his head to look at his fathers.

“Really.” Jonghyun smiled before giving his son a kiss.

“I love you, Daddy and Appa. I’m sorry I left.” Taemin looked down at his hands.

“We love you too, Taemin. More than you will ever know.” Kibum answered, putting  a finger under his son’s chin so he could see his face. “Aigo, my baby is crying! Do you want Daddy to kiss you and make it better?” Taemin just nodded and Kibum kissed his son gently before bringing his face back to his chest and his hair.

 

Minho watched the interactions between the mermen, still completely fascinated. He had never liked anything that had to do with the ocean, it was just something that he had been taught not to worry about. But, suddenly he was captured by the three mermaids before him. He thought their every movement, interaction, smile, even the way they spoke was graceful and beautiful.

 

What the hell is wrong with me?! Minho thought, not noticing the curious way Kibum was looking at Minho.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

Wait no more! The story behind Key and Jonghyun is revealed (E/N: tumblr_static_tumblr_inline_mk5hsp2hbm1q). So what do you guys think?! I was debating whether or not to put Minho's secret in this chapter, but I decided to save that for next time (Because she's a like that). Don't hate me!! I promise it'll be worth the wait!!! So anyway, thank you to everyone who is supporting this story! You guys are the reason I write and we love you all!!! Now it's time for......

 

THE ALL FAMOUS PICTURE SPAM

Funny%2BSHINee%2B-%2BLee%2BJinki.jpgsfp.jpg4845e9a11ab39011fd90fa285ede6c08.jpgtumblr_m2i5ufEPEF1rtispco1_500.jpg