Gone

Scared of the Ocean

“Say ‘Appa’.” Jonghyun encouraged his son. The little boy was almost a year old and two fathers were trying to get their son to speak.

“Jonghyun, I don’t think he’s interested in saying your name.” Kibum laughed from the doorway where he had been observing the two mermaids.

“I swear he’s mute, Kibum.” Jonghyun pouted.

“And I’M the dramatic one?” Kibum laughed as he swam to his mate’s side.

“You are! I’m just saying; He’s not made a single peep.” The older mermaid huffed.

“He cries. He giggles. He laughs. He makes noises at himself, Jonghyun.” Kibum pointed out. As if on cue, the baby put his hand on his face and squealed in delight, as if it was the single funniest thing he had ever seen.

“See?” Kibum laughed at the adorable boy. “My point exactly.”

“Alright, so he’s not mute.” Jonghyun admitted, smiling down at his son. “But I still want him to talk.”

“He will when he’s ready to, Jjongie.” Kibum smiled and kissed his mate before scooping up his son in his arm. The baby grasped one of Kibum’s fingers in his tiny hand before promptly sticking it in his mouth. “Aigoo, is my baby hungry?” He cooed.

“When did he last  eat?” Jonghyun asked, following Kibum to the rocking chair in the corner of the room.

“About two hours ago.” Kibum told him as he cradled the baby to his chest, encouraging the youngster to nurse. It didn’t take long for the baby to understand and begin .

“Aigoo, he has such an appetite!” Jonghyun exclaimed as he lovingly watched the baby nurse.

“Just like his Appa.” Kibum laughed.

“Not like you’re any better.” Jonghyun teased back before pulling the man up and taking his hand before leading him to their bedroom.
“I am too better!” Kibum laughed as he allowed himself to be pulled onto their bed. Jonghyun just laughed in response, knowing it was pointless to argue with the mermaid and pulled Kibum’s back to his chest and wrapped his arms around his waist.

“I love you, Kibum.” Jonghyun kissed his mate.

“I love you too, Jonghyun.” Kibum smiled into the kiss.

***********************************************

Minho was in an exceptionally good mood the next day, despite the argument he had with Taemin the day before. After talking to Onew, the self proclaimed “love guru”, Minho had come to the conclusion that both he and Taemin liked each other and that he was going to not only apologize but also, confess to Taemin.

“Hey there, froggie. What’s got you shooting rainbows outta your ?” Onew laughed at him during passing periods.

“What do you mean?” Minho nearly sang.

“Well, for one, you’re like spacing out hard core and two, you’re happy.”

“Just because I’m happy doesn’t mean something is going on.” Minho frowned.

“The hell it doesn’t! You’re never happy! You walk around like you have a fully grown cactus up your .”

“Seriously, Jinki?” Minho mentally laughed at Onew’s phrasing.

“Seriously. Now spill.” Onew insisted.

“Fine,” Minho finally caved. “I’m going to confess to Taemin tonight after practice.”

“Seriously?!” Onew’s eyes widened.

“Yeah.” Minho smiled widely.

“Ewww!” Onew fake gagged.

“What?!” Minho scowled at his friend.

“The look on your face is gross!” Onew joked.

“Whatever you wierdo.” Minho laughed. “Do you think he’ll want shrimp or squid today?”

“Um,” Onew fidgeted a little. “I don’t know. Maybe both?”
“You okay?” Minho asked, observing Onew’s sudden personality change. “You suddenly got weird on me.”

“Oh, I just remembered something, that’s all.” Onew half-lied.

“Oh, okay then. You’re a strange one.” Minho laughed before the bell rang, signalling that class had begun.

************************************************

“You sure you want to do this?” Onew asked the mermaid for what felt like the millionth time.

“Yes, Onew.” Taemin sighed. “I’m sure. I was sure when you asked me two minutes ago, too.”

“I mean, you don’t have to if you don’t want to.” Onew persuaded.

“I want to, Onew.” Taemin crossed his arms in defiance. “Now help me out, will you?”

“Ugh, fine. You are so persistent.” Onew complained before helping the mermaid out of the pool.

“And you’re so thick headed, you know that?” Taemin countered. As soon as the mermaid was out of the water he felt his tail begin to dissipate.

“Dear, God!” Onew covered his eyes. “Here, take this towel.” He threw a towel at the boy who wrapped himself in the same fashion he saw Minho do after he’d finished practicing how to swim.

“Oh stop it! I’ve covered myself.” The boy laughed.

“Are you sure you wanted to do this?” Onew asked again.

“ONEW!” Taemin shouted and groaned at the same time.

“Sorry.” Onew muttered before slinging Taemin’s arm around his neck and wrapping his arm around the boy’s thin waist. “Minho is gonna be pissed.” Onew muttered under his breath.

“What was that? I didn’t hear you.” Taemin asked as Onew helped him get used to his new legs.

“Nothing.” Onew said quickly.

**********************************************

“Thank you!” Minho bowed as he thanked the cashier for the fish he had bought for Taemin on his way home from hockey practice.

He rushed home, excited to get to talk to Taemin. He knew that he had been too harsh on the boy and felt bad about what he had said. He also knew that Taemin would accept his apology and knew that Taemin liked him as well. His heart beat quicker the closer he got to his house. He didn’t quite know how mermaid relationships worked but he did know human relationships worked. The only thing he really worried about was what he was going to tell his friends when they asked him about his “girlfriend”. Sure, Taemin had long hair and soft features, but he was still a man. The most difficult part was deciding how he was going to explain Taemin’s constant absence. He couldn’t just say “yeah, I’m dating a mermaid”, his friends would never believe him.

 

The moment he walked through the doors of his house, he was greeted by an unsettling silence. Typically, there was always something going on. But, today not a sound greeted Minho. Slowly, he removed his shoes before making his way to the pool room. He felt his stomach knot as soon as his hand touched the knob. Something was very, very wrong. He gently opened the door and peered inside. He was greeted by the same unsettling, pregnant silence. He walked into the pool room and shut the door behind him. The closer he got to the pool, the more his legs shook. Usually, one of the mermaids would make the presence known but not today. That’s when he realized that there was no one in the pool. Still, Minho didn’t want to believe it.

“Taemin?” Minho called out into the empty room.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

What's this? DRAMA!!! Sorry it took us so long to update :( (E/N: My laptop charger seems to have walked away meaning, someone stole it. Along with my friend's wallet with her license and social security card in it). So we did cave and made a Facebook (See previous chapter for details ;p). So you can go ahead and add us! Anyway, short author's note is short :P We loves you all and we loves da comments!

 

PICTA SPAM

large.pngtaemin-fan-art-shinee-20041896-520-532.jtumblr_m5ya7db14C1qckjtmo1_500.jpgtumblr_lb321ie2mt1qcl8qx.jpgshinee_world_by_kialun-d5q52bj.png