Crush

Scared of the Ocean

“Daddy wook at me~” Taemin shouted at his father from the other side of the palace gates. He knew he shouldn’t be on that side of the gate but his parents had been so preoccupied with the death of Ms. Choi that they didn’t pay as much attention to Taemin as he wanted them to. Taemin was a baby and just like every other mermaid baby, he thrived off of the attention of his parents. He loved being carried around everywhere, snuggling for hours on end, the kisses from his parents and being rocked to sleep.

“Taemin!” His daddy was the first to see him. The king rushed to his son’s side, immediately picking him up and forcing him into his pouch before rushing back towards the castle. “What in the world do you think you were doing?!” His daddy cried. His  parents never yelled at him so the king’s tone of voice frightened Taemin.

“I’m….I’m sowwy, Daddy. I just wanted you guys to wook at me.” Taemin said in his baby voice, tears in his eyes.

“Oh, Taeminnie.” His daddy whispered, plucking him out of his pouch only to cuddle him to his chest, rocking the baby back and forth.

“You aways are tawking ‘bout that lady and her baby. Not Tae-baby no more.” The little boy whispered into his daddy’s chest.

“Oh Tae, are you jealous?” His daddy chuckled before leaning down and kissing the boy on his head.  

“No!” The boy denied the accusations even though he didn’t exactly know the meaning of “jealous”.

“Alright, alright, I believe you.” His daddy smiled at him. “How about Daddy reads you a story, hm?”

“Yay!” The little boy squealed in delight. “I want the one ‘bout the human and the oonie-corn.”

“Unicorn, baby.” The king corrected him, gently.

“Das what I said, Daddy. Oonie-corn.” The boy pouted, confused.

“Yes, that’s what you said.” His daddy laughed, knowing the boy wasn’t going to get the word right quite yet.

*************************

“Bro, I hate to break it to ya, but you grew a ing tail. I don’t know what more proof you need other than that.” Onew whispered to Minho during math class.

“It could’ve been some sort of trick.” Minho tried to reason, earning a scoff from his friend.

“Trick?”

“Yeah, like they used their mermaid magic on me or something.”

“Right. I’m sure that they had nothing better to do than use some sort of mermaid vodo on your sorry to make you into a goddamned mermaid.” Onew laughed.

“You never know.” Minho murmured, looking at the board so they didn’t get caught by the teacher.

“Yes, I do know. Have you seen them? Taemin’s parents are so wrapped up in cooing over him that they barely spare us a glance.”

“Yeah, what’s with that anyway? They’re like smothering the poor guy.” Minho crossed his arms.

“It’s normal for them. They treat him like he’s a baby and he obviously loves every second of it. He makes that purring noise whenever they pet his head or give him kisses.” Onew pointed out.

“Yeah, that purring noise is weird.” Minho was clearly in a bad mood.

“It’s like a cat dude. It’s his way of saying he likes it. The king does it every time Jonghyun kisses him.” Onew justified.

 

In all honesty, Minho had no harsh feelings towards the mermen, in fact, he found himself enjoying their company. He was just bothered by his growing feelings towards the “baby”. He had never looked at another boy like that before in his life. Hell, he barely looked at girls. So the thought of liking another boy (who wasn’t even human) terrified him. What would his family say? Would he even tell his family? How do you tell your family you’re in love with a ing mermaid?!

 

**************************

“I love you, Daddy.” Taemin giggled as his father began grooming his son.

“I love you too, my precious baby.” The king smiled lovingly at his son. “Look at your scales! You’ve been shedding so much, it must itch so badly, baby!”

“It does, but I ignore it.” Taemin said. His Appa ruffling his hair kindly.

“Aigoo, look at all of these!” His Appa said as he scratched his son’s tail, earning a content purr out of the boy.  

“Oh, my baby. No one was here to take care of you. I feel so guilty.” Kibum said, combing through Taemin’s long hair.

“Don’t feel guilty, Daddy! I was the one who ran off in the first place.” The boy said, ashamed of his actions.

“I know, but if I had only told you how much I loved you more regularly then you wouldn’t have even questioned us.” The king said sadly.

“Daddy,” Taemin kissed his father. “I know how much you and Appa love me. I was just being stupid. I’m sorry.”

“Speaking of being stupid,” Jonghyun said. “How about that Minho boy?” At the mention of Minho’s name, Taemin blushed deeply and his tail fins took on a pink hue.

“Omo,” Kibum cried. “You like him!”

“I do not!” Taemin cried, embarrassed.

“Your tail is pink, Taeminnie.” Jonghyun pointed out.

“I...I…” Taemin sputtered.

“Omo, my baby likes someone!” Jonghyun laughed.

“No! He’s too young! My baby can’t mate until he’s much older!” Kibum cried, pulling his son into his chest, cradling him protectively.

“Calm down, yeobo.” Jonghyun laughed, going behind the king to hold his waist. “He’s just got a crush.”

 

Little did they know that Taemin’s feelings towards Minho were much stronger than just a simple “crush”.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

Short update is short. Sorry that it's so short! School is like ruling my life (E/N: Mine too.) so I've been like uber busy. We will try to update more frequently once my finals are over though! So, little announcement to make (and we'll make it again as the time gets closer) but in the month of March we probably won't update at all. Bre will be over seas for two weeks (London then Paris here I come). But, no worries, that's like fourty or something days away (37 but who's couting?)so no worries, there shall be lots more updates inbetween that time. 

 

We love all our subbies and upvoters and commentors!! You guys be the bestest!

 

THE ALL FAMOUS PICTA SPAM

OnTaeFrog.jpgAyDmydFCAAAM6Na.jpg:largeshinee_totem_pole_by_knotberry-d54wv39.jtaemin_in_the_box_by_knotberry-d4uzysq.jwanna_be_sweet_by_knotberry-d4momox.jpgA5VgolfCMAAiJSg.jpg:largeOMG AWWWWWW

yetie_a_yellow_ribbon__by_boritjaroo-d4yimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdIchrYShVuwk6xyOr5UHhappy_birthday_by_knotberry-d57oddr.jpgwanna_be_taller__by_knotberry-d51v2id.jp