Daddy

Scared of the Ocean

“Kibummie?” The puppy-eyed king called out into the empty bedroom. Looking around in confusion, the king decided to check the only other place he could think of that his mate would be.

Entering the room next to the two kings’ chambers, the puppy-eyed king’s expression softened considerable. Sitting in the rocking chair was his mate and his beloved son. His mate was gazing lovingly at his son as the baby led happily. Just like every other mermaid, Kibum’s body naturally produced milk for his child for the first year of the child’s life. Jonghyun almost felt jealous, he wished he could have that kind of connection with his son but seeing as he was not the one that was pregnant with their child, he wouldn’t be able to experience that kind of connection.

“Hey,” Kibum smiled at his mate once he noticed his presence in the room.

“Hey,” Jonghyun smiled, leaning down to kiss his mate and son who continued to nurse. “Having fun?”

“Sure, we can go with that.” Kibum said causing Jonghyun to laugh.

Eventually his son finished eating and looked happily at his two father’s smiling crookedly (he was just learning to smile) causing both of them to smile widely. Jonghyun took the opportunity to snatch his son and cradle  him against his chest.

“Ya!” Kibum shouted half heartedly. He secretly was loving the way his mate treated his son. After ten minutes of playing with his son, Jonghyun gently laid his son in the bassinet before wrapping his arms around his mate from behind and they watched their son sleep.

“I love you, Kibum.” Jonghyun whispered.

“I love you too, Jonghyun.” Kibum whispered before turning his head for a kiss.

***********************************************

“APPA?!” Taemin shouted from the edge of the pool.

“Taemin!”  Jonghyun shouted, immediately running towards his son and taking his son’s face in his hands. “Are you okay?! I’ve been looking everywhere for you!”

“I’m fine, Appa. They have taken good care of me.” Taemin giggled when Jonghyun began placing kisses on his cheeks.

“Oh, Tae, I was so scared! I thought I had lost you forever!” Jonghyun cried. Suddenly, Jonghyun began to strip his clothing.

“Gah!” Onew cried, turning his face to look away from the already half man.

“Jesus!” Minho added. “You couldn’t give us some sort of a warning before you go and undress yourself?!” Seconds later, the boys heard a loud splash behind them, signaling Jonghyun had jumped into the water.

 

Cautiously, the boys turned around only to find two mermaids in the pool. Jonghyun had traded his legs for a gold and blue tail. Taemin was leaning against his father as the man wrapped his arms around his son.  It was clearly a loving gesture and the boys softened towards the man.

“So,” Onew said, breaking the silence. “I’m assuming that you are Taemin’s father?”

“You assume correctly.” Jonghyun answered before bowing politely. “I fear I may have forgotten to introduce myself in my panic. I am Kim Jonghyun, King of the Korean seas, mated to King Kim Kibum, father to Prince Taemin.”

“I’m, uh, Lee Jinki, also known as Onew and I’m King of the chess team?” Onew answered, slightly intimidated.

“Hello, Onew.” Jonghyun smiled kindly before turning his attention to Minho. “And you are?”

“Oh, um, I’m Choi Minho, King of the hockey team?” Minho said in more of a questioning tone.

“Hello, Minho.” Jonghyun bowed to both bows. “If I may ask, why is my son in the confines of this pool?”

“Um, well, that was me.” Onew answered. “I didn’t know where else to put him and I didn’t want the other boys to have him so I asked Minho if I could borrow his pool while I figured something out.”

“Other boys?” Jonghyun questioned.

“Well, um, I’m not actually the one that ‘caught’ him. I was just kinda there when they pulled him out of the ocean. The other boys weren’t so kind to Taemin so I offered to take Taemin for the time being.”

“Thank you for protecting my son.” Jonghyun said, tightening his hold on his son. The boy just nuzzled closer into his father’s chest.

“Appa?” Taemin finally spoke.

“Yes, Tae?” Jonghyun asked.

“Where’s Daddy? I called for you both.” Taemin looked up.

“Where is he?!” A new voice called out as if on cue. “Where is my baby?!”

Minho and Onew turned around to find a blond haired man standing in the doorway. He had on considerably stylish clothing and appear to be a few inches taller than Jonghyun but was still shorter than Minho. His feline eyes conveyed clear panic and desperation as they landed on the two mermaids just feet away. Totally ignoring the two human boys, he ran to the water’s edge before stripping and launching himself into the water.

“Daddy!” Taemin cried, reaching his arms out like a toddler wanting to be picked up. The feline man immediately reached for Taemin, nearly wrenching him from Jonghyun’s grasp.

“Oh, my baby!” The man cried as he rocked Taemin back and forth in his arms. “My beautiful, beautiful baby!” He began kissing Taemin all over his face. It was then that Minho noticed that Taemin was considerably smaller than the two other mermaids and actually fit in his father’s arms like a small child would.

“Daddy!” The boy cried into his father’s chest. “I missed you!”

“Aw, Daddy missed his baby too!” The man Minho assumed was King Kibum cried as he his son’s hair. “Are you okay? Did those boys hurt you? You look so skinny! Jonghyun, we need to feed him!”

“No, Daddy, they’ve been very nice to me. Onew over there feeds me everyday and I get to talk to them. It’s kind of fun.”

“Are you sure, sweetie! Omo, Jonghyun he has a cut!” Kibum cried, looking at Taemin’s arm. Taemin sent his father a pleading look.

“Yeobo, calm down. There have been many times when he’s been injured.” Jonghyun laughed, coming up to hold his mate around the waist.

“But, I’ve always been there to take care of him!” Kibum complained, pulling his son closer.

“Daddy, it’s okay. It doesn’t hurt, I promise.” Taemin insisted.

Minho was fascinated with the interactions between the three mermaids. They seemed to be close. He noted that the silver-haired male, Jonghyun, seemed to watch his husband and son with watchful, protective, and loving eyes. The feline-eyed male, Kibum he assumed, was in constant contact with Taemin. He preferred to hold Taemin close to him, snuggling with him, his hair, kissing his cheeks and head, and Taemin seemed to love every second of the attention he was receiving. Most human children would hate being babied so much but it seemed normal to the mermen.

“Baby, why did you leave Daddy?” Kibum asked Taemin with sad eyes. Taemin looked away from his parent’s eyes and down at his hands.

“I heard some people talking. They said mean things.” Taemin muttered.

“Like what?” Jonghyun asked.

“They said that you didn’t really want me and that you only had me so you had an heir to the throne.” Taemin whispered. Minho saw a lone tear drip into the water as Taemin’s tail turned blue. He looked at Taemin’s parent’s and saw that their tails had turned various shades of red, a color he assumed meant they were angry.

“THEY WHAT?!” Kibum raged making Taemin flinch.

“Who said that?!” Jonghyun asked.

“Some servants. I don’t know who exactly.” Taemin whimpered. Kibum immediately pulled his son into his arms again, Taemin burying his face is his father’s chest.

“Tae-baby, I think it’s time that Daddy and Appa told you a story.” Kibum said.  


************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

Looky we updated! Omg  let's all celebrate (E/N: Whooooo)!! This is a pretty decent sized chapter, I'm kinda proud of myself for finding the time to do this (I'm proud of myself for finding the time to edit lol). So what do you guys think of this chapter?! The next chapter is gonna go more in depth of how Jongkey got their Tae-baby so that'll be fun. I like hearing all the thoughts you guys have pertaining to 2min's relationship. I think you're gonna be surprised when I actually start developing their relationship more. Minho has a big secret (*gasp*).

 

PICTA SPAM

funny-taemin.jpgOnew_Spots_More_Chicken____by_ilovecatfatumblr_l9fvhsWo001qbhozho1_500.jpg