Minho

Scared of the Ocean

“Sire, the king of the sirens wishes to visit.” Kungsoo, or D.O. for short, spoke at the weekly advising meeting.

“Sirens?” Jonghyun raised an eyebrow. “What could they possibly want?”

“Probably territory stuff.” Kagin snorted. The sirens were notorious for their territorial behavior.

“Not again,” Jonghyun groaned. This would be the fourth time in the past year that they’d dealt with the sirens.

“Jjong,” Kibum sighed, clearly not wanting to meet with them any more than Jonghyun did. “You know we have to play nice with them.”

“I know, I know.” Jonghyun grumbled. “But still.”

“They are our most powerful allies.” Kibum reminded him.

“I know.”

“They’ve supported us.”

“I know.”

“They were the first people to congratulate us on our pregnancy.”

“I KNOW, Kibum.” Jonghyun laid his head on the table. “I just-they’re a little tough to deal with.”

“I know.” Kibum leaned his head back and sighed. “We don’t have much of a choice, do we?”

“No, not really.”

“Okay, tell them we will meet with them later this week at the usual location.” Jonghyun groaned.

“Yes, sire.” D.O. bowed before leaving the room to write the response.

 

All the sirens wanted  was more kelp fields.

*************************************************

“Onew?!” Taemin gaped.

“Yeah, um, hi.” Onew smiled his shy trademark smile.

“How in all of the mighty sea did you get here?!” Jonghyun nearly shouted in disbelief.

“Well...I...Um…”

“Siren.” Kibum breathed. “But, not just any siren. You’re the prodigal siren.”

“Well, yeah.” Onew rubbed his neck.

“‘Prodigal siren’?” Taemin asked, confused.

He had met his fair share of sirens before, but none were able to spend large amounts of time underwater, and most all of them were female. Granted, there were a few males for reproducing purposes, but none were at all like Onew.

“Yes,” Jonghyun said. “There is an ancient siren tale that tells of a ‘prodigal siren’ that is to be male and able to walk both land and sea. He is to appear when he is need the most and has the kindest and most fair hearts of any creature.”

“But, don’t you think that the ‘prodigal’ would be a little less..well, clumsy?” Taemin asked.

“YAH!” Onew frowned in offense.

“Sorry.” Taemin smiled at his hyung.

“Well, he does fit the part.” Kibum offered. “He sings wonderfully, he’s...cute and he is most definitely the kindest and most fair of anyone I’ve met. Myself included.”

“Thank you?” Onew thanked them skeptically.

“So, if Onew is here, where’s Minho?” Jonghyun asked well aware that the two were almost always with each other.

“Yeah, where is that mer-bastard?” Onew asked, looking around.

“You mean you don’t know?” Kibum raised his eyebrows.

“Well no. He left before me. I only found out I could breathe underwater when I accidently fell in and the current dragged me out.”

“How did you get here?” Taemin  asked out of curiosity.

“I asked for directions.”

“That’s probably why you got here first. Minho would never ask for directions.” Taemin sighed.

“Touche.” Onew laughed.

“TAEMIN!” A new voice shouted.

“Speak of the devil and the devil shall appear.” Onew muttered.

“Minho?!” Taemin squeaked, staring into the large eyes of his true love.

“Taemin!” Minho cried as he rushed to Taemin, pulling him into his arms. “Thank God I finally found you! I got so lost!”

“No .” Onew chuckled.

“Jinki hyung?! What are you doing here?” Minho’s eyes got bigger at the sight of his hyung.

“Well, I’m sort of a prodigal siren.” Onew explained.

“Siren?” Minho asked. “Like the women that lure in men and kill them?”

“Yeah.”

“Wait,” Minho got a sudden mischievous look on his face. “Aren’t they really manatees?”

“Well, that’s what we were taught, yes.” Onew furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

“Manatees are the ancestors of sirens.” Jonghyun explained.

“So basically,” Minho smirked. “Hyung is really a descendant of a big walrus thing that sings well?”

“I guess?”

“Hyung,” Minho burst into laughter. “You’re related to a fat mammal that can sing!”

Distantly!” Onew tried to amend.

“But still related!”

“I am not a manatee, Choi Minho.” Onew growled.

“Whatever you say, hyung~” Minho snickered.

“Well, Onew’s circumstances are a little different. Being the prodigal means he is very selective in friends.” Kibum explained. “He only chooses the kindest and purest of creatures to befriend. He acts as a sort of mediator. His job is to carefully and fairly resolve situations that could result in conflict. His final decisions are more than law, even I can’t override them.”

“So, if Onew is supposed to arrive when there is need for a so-called ‘mediator’ like the tale says, then what is the problem that he is so desperately needed for?” Minho asked.

“Well…” Jonghyun trailed off.

“I..um…” Taemin didn’t know how to tell him about his marriage.

“Taemin has agreed to marry the prince of the Chinese kingdom in exchange for peace between our kingdoms.” Kibum finally admitted.

“WHAT?!”


*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N

Sorry it took so long to post this! As you all know, Bre was in Europe (whoop whoop!) for two weeks and had limited access to the internet (My computer died the first day we got there and I couldn't charge it because my plug converters were two slots and my computer charger has 3). But here it is! I know that a lot of you waited so patiently for this chapter so we really appreciate the lack of complaints (there was one or two but whateves). So we finally got Minho back and Onew is a siren! I know that the siren isn't "technically" correct so I changed it to a prodigal son thing. But, the manatee thing is true. Sailors literally were lured to their death by the mating calls of manatees. Just a useless fun fact for you all. Anyway, thanks for supporting us!!!

Also, I got a question while I was gone about my tumblr. I have posted the link (and I will again). Anyone is welcome to follow me, I mostly post SHINee-Kpop stuff and I love getting questions (though I don't get many :( )!!! So don't be shy!! I'm a super social!

Also: In April, I may be gone for a few days. I am planning on attending that free kpop concert with a few of my friends in LA. If you're going you should totally look out for me!! Don't be afraid to say hi to me!

PICTA SPAM

maxresdefault.jpg

tumblr_m7d83a9lyp1r0uv12o1_500.giftumblr_m7r4kksE4H1r0uv12o2_250.giftumblr_m9b2lupRsc1r0uv12o2_250.giftumblr_lx59g7lYzK1qj96beo1_500.jpg