Monster

Scared of the Ocean

“Appa?” A little voice squeaked from the doorway. Jonghyun groaned and rolled on his other side, not totally registering what was happening.

“Appa?” Jonghyun heard again. Finally, he recognized the little voice as none other than his beloved son, Taemin.

“Tae?” He groaned as he sat up.

“Appa!” The little boy tugged on the sheets to get his Appa’s attention.

“What’s wrong, kiddo?” Jonghyun asked as he pulled Taemin into his lap.

“Can’t sleep.” The little boy mumbled into his chest.

“Alright, hold on.”

 

The merman stretched before taking the boy in his arms and carrying him down the hall and into the kitchen. Sitting the toddler on the counter, Jonghyun went to the cabinets and pulled out a baby bottle. He placed the milk into the heater and let it warm up. Once satisfied with the temperature of the milk, he handed the warm milk to his son who eagerly accepted it and began ling away.

“Better?” Jonghyun asked his son as he washed the bottle.

“A little.” The boy said hesitantly.

“Alright,” Jonghyun turned around to face his son, placing his hands on his hips. “Why are you really awake?”
“Huh?” The boy feigned confusion.

“Kim Taemin, don’t act like nothing’s wrong. I’m your Appa and I know when you’re hiding something so spill.”
“There’s a monster under my bed.” The boy whispered loud enough for Jonghyun to hear.

“Ah, that’s why you can’t sleep, huh?” Jonghyun nodded in understanding.

“Uh huh.” The boy nodded furiously.

“Alright, let Appa take a look.” Jonghyun plucked his son off the counter and carried him to his room. Once they entered the room the little boy immediately squirmed until he was able to make his way into his Appa’s pouch where he felt safe. “Let’s see here...Ah, there it is!” Jonghyun acted. If he wanted his son to get any sleep then he was going to have to play along.

“Eek!” The little boy squeaked, hiding himself completely.

“Alright Mr. Monster!” Jonghyun said in his most intimidating voice. “Listen here! You need to go away and leave my son alone! He wants to get some sleep and I  won’t tolerate you bothering him any longer!” Jonghyun waited a few more seconds before speaking again. “Thank you very much, Mr. Monster. Alright, Tae it’s safe now.”

“You sure, Appa?” His son’s muffled voice came from inside his pouch.

“Positive, my little prince.” Jonghyun said softly. Slowly, the boy’s head peeked out and then the rest of his body. He curled up against his Appa who immediately knew he was going to have to sleep with his son tonight.

“Do you want Appa to sleep with you to be sure the monster is gone?” Jonghyun asked.

“Yes please.” The boy said.

“Alright.” Jonghyun lowered himself into the bed, his son firmly attached to  his chest before tucking them both in. “Goodnight, kiddo.”

“Goodnight, Appa. Thank you for scaring away the monster.” Taemin said, sleepily.

“Always.” Jonghyun replied, closing his eyes.

************************************************

“So let me get this straight: you told Taemin that you slept with a girl and he suddenly felt sick?” Onew said between bites of his lunch.

“Yeah, it was weird. His tail turned blue and he was really desperate to get away. I’m worried about him.” Minho replied.

“I don’t think he was sick, man.”

“What do you mean?” Minho furrowed his eyebrows, confused at Onew’s statement.

“I think he was feeling something else.” Onew hinted.

“‘Something else?’”

“Yeah. I mean, you were talking about whether or not you guys were both gay. So, I think maybe Taemin might have been jealous.” Onew pointed out.

“Why would he be jealous? We’re just friends.”

“Just friends?” Onew laughed. “Sure, and I’m a ingn fairy. Come on, man! He totally was jealous. I don’t think he sees you as just a friend.”

“You think he likes me?!” Minho said completely shocked at his friend’s observations.

“Yeah, it makes sense. He asked you if you were gay and then got upset when you said you had with a girl.” Onew rolled his eyes.

“I guess it makes sense.”

“Of course it does! Wouldn’t you be upset if Taemin said that he had slept with another mermaid?” Onew began to pry.

“I don’t know. Maybe?” Minho said, trying to avoid the question.

“That’s a yes.” Onew was clearly not letting him get away with being so vague.

“What do you mean by that?!”

“Dude, you totally like Taemin! Don’t think I don’t see the way you look at him.” Onew said, taking a bite out his sandwich.

“And how do I look at him exactly?”

“You look at him like he’s God’s gift to Earth. You practically drool when he comes near you. Like the other day, you sat there, pretending to read, but I saw you checking him out. Don’t think I missed the hard on you had.”

“I did not have a hard on!” Minho defended himself.

“Really? Cause, I think the tent in pants would beg to differ.” Onew said, standing up. He knew his friend was going to be irritated by his sentence and he had every intention of getting away from him before he could do anything.

“What?!”

“I even snapped a picture for evidence, you monster! Thinking dirty thoughts about an innocent boy!” Onew held up his phone, giving Minho his signature eye smile before taking off down the hall.

“LEE JINKI, YOU GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!” Minho shouted, chasing after his friend.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

Looky! Another update! We're on a roll (E/N: You're welcome...)! So this is kinda a filler chapter..ish. It has some storyline stuff in it but for the most part, it's just a funny conversation between Onew and Minho. It does help build 2min up a little more :) The next chapter will have more drama/angst stuff in it, I promise! I just wanted to expand on Minho and Onew's relationship a little bit before we jump into the drama. It seems like Minho is in denial about his feelings towards Taemin eh (It's almost obnoxious cause we all know he's  got the hots for Taemin -_-)?

 

Anyway, we love you all! Comments are love!

 

PICTA SPAM!!

2af9ec16065d6495ea16ff8c884c243d.gif25i2ipu.jpgFunny_SHINee_-_Minho_and_Jonghyung.jpglfz9s.pngSHINee-Macro-shinee-17859246-339-712.jpg