Bracelet

Scared of the Ocean

“Taemin…Taemin….TAEMIN WAKE UP THIS INSTANT YOUNG MAN!” A loud voice rang through Taemin’s dream, startling him to consciousness.

“I’m awake! Where’s the fire?!” Taemin shouted as he shot up like a spring daisy.

“Well,” The same voice said. “We’re underwater so there is no fire. But, I’m so glad you’re finally awake! Now we need to get you ready for today.”

“Today? What?” Taemin muttered as he rubbed his eyes.

“Taemin, you don’t remember what today is?” The voice Taemin had finally come to recognize as his Daddy’s spoke.

“No?” Taemin raised his eyebrows.

“Well..it’s..um..your wedding day.” The king said sadly.

“WHAT?!” Taemin shot out of bed. “ALREADY?!”

“Yeah, sweetie.” Kibum lowered his eyes.

“What do I do?! I still haven’t figured out my true love!” Taemin cried desperately.

“I don’t know, baby, I really don’t.” Kibum sighed.

“But..but..Minho!” Taemin almost fell to the ground.

“I know baby, I know.” Kibum rubbed comforting circles on Taemin’s back. “Now, let’s get you ready.”

“What if I refuse?” Taemin challenged half-heartedly.

“You don’t get much of a choice, honey.”

 

The whole preparation process for Taemin took a good four hours. Of those four hours Taemin spent nearly all of them worrying about how he was going to get himself out of the mess he had created. After all, how do you just back out of a royal wedding without any sort of explanation other than, “I don’t like him that way”?  Royal weddings just don’t work like that.

“There, now don’t you just look like a king?!” Kibum swam his way forward to where his son was sitting in front of the vanity as his maids and stylists fussed over every detail of his appearance.

“I wish I didn’t though.” Taemin pouted as much as he could manage while the "make up artist applied his lip cream.

“Now, now, you look wonderful.” A new voice spoke.

“Appa!” Taemin smiled. This was the first time he had seen his Appa all day. He knew that it was the king’s duty to oversee the set up of the wedding while the Queen oversaw the preparations of the bride/groom. Seeing as his family consisted of two men, it was only natural for Kibum to take the role of the Queen since he carried and gave birth to Taemin while Jonghyun oversaw everything else.

“Hey, kiddo!” Jonghyun smiled as he lifted his son into his arms.

“Appa, do I really gotta do this?” Taemin pouted, hoping that one of his parents would tell him what he wanted to hear.

“I wish you didn’t, Taemin, but you do.” Jonghyun sighed just as sadly as Kibum had when he told Taemin the same thing.

“But, I don’t wanna!” Taemin whined again.

“I know, baby.” Kibum took Taemin from Jonghyun. “But it’s your duty. You signed yourself up for this.”

“I know…” Taemin crossed his arms before wrapping them around Kibum’s neck and burying his face into his Daddy’s shoulder in search of some sort of comfort.

“The wedding ceremony is about to begin.” Jonghyun reminded them gently after a moment.

“Welp, this is it.” Kibum sighed and put Taemin down. “Let’s go.”

 

The wedding ceremony began with Jonghyun taking his place in the royal hall. It was his job as the reigning king of the palace to exchange the vows of both mermaids.

 

The hall was decorated with pink and gold clam shells with orange pearls and blue and green coral as accents. All of the kingdom was invited to the ceremony and they wore the traditional clothing of their respective kingdom; blue and pink pearl crowns that fit similar to those of daisy chains made by young human children. Around the waists of each mermaid was a gold sash decorated with intricate swirls and designs painted in a green tone, signifying they hailed from the High Korean Kingdom.

 

Tao however, wore the traditional clothing from his kingdom. Around his neck was a chain made of red coral the wrapped all the way down the ends of his tail and on his arms were markings painted in orange that held Chinese characters that showed his ranking.

 

Tao stood at the opposite end of the hall from the door that Taemin would enter through, under an arch made of sea anemones, painted barnacles, and the High Korean Kingdom’s signature pearls, donated straight from the clams that surrounded the kingdom themselves. The arch was placed below the two slightly raised chairs that Tao and Taemin would sit upon once they were crowned.

 

Without much warning, the choir of mermaids began to sing the traditional marriage song. It’s beautiful mix of high and low notes echoed through the hall creating a surround sound feel to them. However, despite the fact that the song was intended to feel cheery and upbeat, the song sounded almost melancholy as if the choir also didn’t want their beloved prince to marry Tao.

“Isn’t this beautiful?” Onew whispered to Minho.  

“It is,” Minho agreed. “But despite the beauty of the ceremony, I still feel sad.

“I know,” Onew whispered, resting a gentle yet supportive hand on Minho’s shoulder.

 

Suddenly the doors burst open and the mermaids all rose from their seats. Minho and Onew, briefly startled, also rose from their spots in the front row.

 

Just moments later, out came King Kibum, his head raised high and gold staff in hand, he gracefully swam his way to the front of the room, joining Jonghyun. Shortly after Kibum had reached his position by his mate’s side, did Taemin make his grand appearance.

 

With Taemin’s presence, the crowd bowed in respect, Onew and Minho following suit. It felt weird to the two friends to bow to Taemin seeing as they had been on such casual terms with Taemin for such a long time to say the least.  While the crowd bowed, Taemin swam gracefully past his kingdom’s citizens showing no sign of his distress.

 

Once he reached the front did the crowd take their seats once more. Minho couldn’t take his eyes off of the gorgeous sight before him. Taemin was dressed in the same gold and blue tones his parents were except his attire was much more intricate. He bore the same sash as everyone else except his flowed to the floor where is flowed in the ocean’s currents, his arms were wrapped in pink and green ribbon that sparkled elegantly, his long hair was braided with two gold ribbons woven in and pearls were attached somehow onto the crown of his head. Minho could’ve sworn that Taemin had never looked so beautiful in all the time they had seen each other.

 

Minho was so caught up with taking in all of the beauty that was his love that he failed to notice what was going on around him. The vows had already begun when a loud crack echoed through the hall, halting the vows being exchanged. Everyone looked around in hopes of finding the source of the mysterious crack when another loud crack was heard echoing through the halls once more.

 

“What is that noise?!” Tao asked in a more confused voice than irritated.

“I have no idea your highness.” One of Tao’s guards replied.

“Well, help find it!” Tao ordered.

“Yes, sir!” The guards spoke in unison before dispersing.

 

Despite their best efforts, no one could find the source. What everyone besides Onew had failed to notice was the siff as a board Taemin.

 

Onew cocked his head slightly, watching Taemin, as another crack echoed once again. Taemin had remained unmoving and tense. Without further explanation, Onew suddenly yanked Minho up from his seat while calling “Taemin!”

 

Taemin turned to find the person who called his name before a sharp crack echoed, the loudest of them all. Cries of shock could be heard from almost everyone as the bracelet attached to Taemin’s arm broke apart. One half, glowed deep blue around Taemin’s arm while the other flew around the room.

“My bracelet!” Taemin cried, knowing exactly what was happening.

“Taemin, your arm!” Tao shouted in shock.

Taemin looked down and saw the glowing had grown brighter and bubbles were coming from his arm. Frantic, Taemin shook his arm around hoping to get rid of the bubbles. Before he knew it, there was a slight burning feeling before the bracelet had not only repaired itself but had also sealed itself into Taemin’s skin like a tattoo.

“My baby!” Kibum cried, immediately rushing to Taemin’s side and examining his arm, Jonghyun not far behind.

“Taebaby, are you okay?!” Jonghyun held his son’s face in his hands.

“Yeah, I’m fine. But, where’s the other half of my bracelet?!” Taemin asked as he looked around the room.
“Right here!”


***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

Boom! Was that worth the wait?! Was it?! Huh huh?! (Wow, you're being EXTRA obnoxious today) I sure hope so! Only one or two more chapters to go!!!

If you're our friend on Facebook then you'd know that we were going to update last week but we decided not to due to the recent events that are occuring in our beloved South Korea right now (Bless the souls of those who perished and God look over the families of those who are gone and those who survived). It just was our way of paying some respects to those who are affected by the tragedy right now. But, we're back now!

It seems like the majority of you guys wanted a mpreg so that shall be the next story!! We can't decided whether or not to make it a fantasy story though so let us know your opinions in the comments!!! 

Please don't forget to pray for Korea (Stay strong guys!)

 

PICTURE SPAM

rosetta+stone+earth_edited-1.jpgNot at all kpop related but still funny as !