Love Guru

Scared of the Ocean

“Daddy?” A six year old Taemin asked after his daily classes.

“Yes, baby?” Kibum smiled at his son, picking him up.

“I have a question.” The boy smiled widely at his father.

“What’s that?” Jonghyun asked, coming up and wrapping his arms around his mate and kissing his son on the cheek.

“Why don’t I have a brother or sister?” The boy asked with wide, doe-like eyes.

“Um...well…” Kibum started, not sure how to word his answer in a way that his son would understand.

“Well, it’s complicated, Taeminnie. Daddy and Appa struggled to have you and so having another baby isn’t possible.” Jonghyun said gently, clearly handling the question better than Kibum.

“Oh..” The boy blinked.
“Does that answer your question?” Kibum asked his son, fixing a few stray hairs on his son’s head.

“Yep!” The boy smiled and patted his father’s cheeks. “Daddy?”

“Yes?” Kibum laughed at his son’s constant questions. They sure did have a curious son.

“Where do babies come from?” Taemin looked at his fathers with his big innocent eyes. Both his fathers choked on their spit, not expecting such a question from their son quite so soon.

“Well….” Jonghyun was the one to falter this time.

“When two mermaids decide to become mates, they can choose whether or not they want a baby.” Kibum spoke carefully, taking care to be as vague as possible. “Then when they decide to have the baby, one of the mates gets a big tummy and after a few months, they have a baby.”

“Like me!” The little boy squealed pointing at himself.

“Yes, just like you.” Jonghyun laughed, kissing his cheek.

**************************************************************

“So then I told him not to mess with me.” Taemin cried into his Daddy’s chest. His tail was deep blue, showing his deep sadness at what just happened.

“What did he say back to you, baby?” Kibum his son’s hair, trying his best to get both sides of the story. Despite not wanting his son to grow up so quickly, he knew that Taemin had quite the crush on Minho and it was pretty obvious that Minho had some sort of attraction towards Taemin.

“He said that he wasn’t faking it! Does he think a fool or something?!” Taemin’s tail began to take on a red hue.

“Taemin, honey, do you think that maybe he likes you?” Kibum suggested, knowing his son was going to deny it right away.

“NO!” Taemin nearly yelled.

“Woah, woah, woah,” Jonghyun said, coming to his mate’s side. “Calm down there, tiger.”

“It’s not funny, Appa!” The boy frowned at his father.

“I never said it was.” Jonghyun defended himself.

“It’s not fair!” Taemin cried, reaching for Jonghyun who immediately pulled his son into his arms, letting the boy bury his face in his chest. Taemin usually preferred to snuggle with Kibum when he was upset but every once and a while he’d come and seek Jonghyun’s comfort. Now was one of those times.  

“Taemin, I think you’re being a little too hard on Minho. I’ve seen the way that he looks at you. He really does like you, kiddo.” Jonghyun pet his son’s head.

“You really think so?” Taemin asked skeptically.

“Yes, I really do.” Jonghyun chuckled under his breath.

“I...I’m tired, I think I’m going to sleep.” The boy sighed. He swam into his Appa’s pouch surprising both of his fathers. Normally, he’d sleep in Kibum’s pouch or in between the two kings. Jonghyun looked over to see Kibum pouting slightly. With a small laugh, he pulled his mate into his arms and kissed away the pout.

************************************************************

“Minho, you’re being a .” Onew stated as he flopped onto Minho’s bed. It took him a minute or two to get over the fact that the two mermen had finally admitted their feelings for each other (in a fight, but that was beside the point), but when he did, he immediately went in search of Minho, finding the boy sitting on his bed with his face in his hands.

“Thanks a ton, Jinki.” Minho muttered.

“Anytime.” Onew crossed his arms under his head and stared up at the ceiling. “But really, you’re being pretty damn stupid.”

“Not helping, Jinki.” Minho growled.

“I don’t give a damn if it’s ‘helping’, I’m being honest. And in my expert opinion, you two are being totally dumbs.”

“Oh, you’re an ‘expert’ now, are you?” Minho was slowly reaching his limit.

“Sure am.” Onew smiled a little. “He’s just scared, Minho.”

“Scared? That boy sure wasn’t acting scared.” Minho let out a bitter laugh.

“Maybe not to you, but he was definitely putting up a front. You have to remember; he’s not as grown as we are. His society is a little different, both he and his fathers have told us that. They mature slower. He doesn’t know what to make of his feelings.” Onew stated.

“You forgot one important detail, Jinki.” Minho sighed.

“Oh?”
“I’m also a mermaid. So that would mean that I’m at the same maturity level as Taemin and I sure as hell am not acting like he is.” Minho said.

“If you really believe that then you’re stupider than I originally thought, frog face.” Onew laughed.

“What do you mean by that, Tofu?” Minho shot back.

“You may be a mermaid but you didn’t actually grow up in their society. You were forced to age like the rest of us humans. You still have your moments though. And your arguement with Taemin was one of them.” Onew pointed out.

Minho sat and pondered what Onew had just told him. It took him a few minutes of silence to realize that Jinki may actually have a valid point. He wasn’t raised in the mermaid society that Taemin was. He was raised as if he were human and his parents had all the expectations of a normal human child. So, it only made sense for him to be more mature than regular merchildren.

“See, I have a point and you know it!” Onew statement pulled Minho out of his thoughts.

“Yeah, yeah. I’ll admit that he MAY be a little nervous and scared of being hurt. Happy now?”

“Very.” Onew laughed.

“Boys! Dinner!” Minho’s mother shouted from the bottom of the stairs, startling the two boys.

“Coming! Let’s go eat. I think she made chicken.”  Minho called to Onew as he made his way down the stairs.

“THE LOVE GURU IS COMING!” Onew shouted, nearly knocking Minho over as he raced to the table.
“Aish, this chicken maniac.” Minho laughed to himself before joining them at the table.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

Semi-double update (E/N: You're welcome!) :D Well if we're going off of Bre's time zone then it's 1 am but where I am its 11pm still so I count it as a double update! Sooo Minho and Taemin are SLOWLY starting to accept each other's feelings (PAINFULLY SLOW) as well as their own :) I'm not gonna lie, at first I wasn't planning on an arguement but then I was like "hey, if they get into a fight then I can have Onew help Minho realize his feelings and then update that chapter on Valentines Day" cause I'm that kind of genius  (More like idiot -_- seriously, this person)!!! Aren't I just great?!

 

So we have been getting requests from some people asking if they could find us on Facebook or Twitter or Tumblr or have our numbers. I personally don't give out any of that information, HOWEVER, Bre does give out her Kik and Tumblr (We get this request EVERY STORY lol) so if we'll put her info at the bottom. We are also considering making a Facebook SPECIFICALLY for our friends on AFF :) You'll also notice that there's a co-author to this story. That is actually Bre's personal account :) We share this one but I peer pressured her into getting a personal one too. So you can add her as a friend on that account (There aren't going to be stories on there except for the co-author ones but I will put up my info on there about Tumblr and stuffs). Okay, enough chit-chat. Happy Valentines Day to everyone who celebrates it! Don't forget to comment <3

 

PICTA SPAM!!
ShineeValentinesWallpaper1.jpghappy-valentines-day-shinee-19301900-50020120209_seoulbeats_shinee.jpegshinee_valentine_by_the_noodles-d39ffnp.shinee7.pngvalentine-minho-taemin-shinee.jpgshinee_2min___valentine__s_day_by_dragonlolz

 

Bre's Tumblr: Click me!

Bre's Kik: brynecess (be sure to tell me who you are when you add me :) )