Goodbye

Stay by my Side

When Jessica finally calmed down, she went and prepared dinner. They both remained quiet all throughout the meal, while little Miyoung noticed neither her mother's puffy red eyes, or her father's severe face.

"Appa, did you know, Omma and me went to N Tower today! There were a lot of people and-" "That's nice, Miyoung." Donghae said, cutting her off. Miyoung stared at him, since he never cut her off.

Jessica cleared . "Miyoung, do you want Mommy to sleep with you tonight?" Although no conversation passed between them, they both knew they can't spend the night with each other. "Yes!!" Miyoung answered. "Tell me a lot of stories tonight, Mommy!" She began jumping up and down her seat. Jessica forced a laugh. "Of course I would!"

After dinner, Jessica left Donghae to wash the dishes and she and Miyoung took a bath together. While Donghae was doing the dishes, he heard Jessica singing softly to Miyoung while the smell of the strawberry shampoo wafted to the kitchen. The song calmed him, gave him time to think.

"There's no point trying to save us." He whispered to himself. "I should leave. It's what's better for Jessica and Miyoung. If I stay, I'll only end up arguing with Sica all the time, and Miyoung will never be happy anymore." Although his romantic feelings for Jessica has vanished, his eyes shed tears for her, and for Miyoung.

 

That night, while Jessica and Miyoung were sleeping side by side in the cool darkness, Donghae packed all his belongings, and prepared to leave. Before he went out of their room, he took their wedding photograph and placed it on top of his bag. On the way out, he entered Miyoung's room, gazing at Jessica. "I'm sorry, but you'll only always be my bestfriend." He planted one last, soft kiss on her cheek, and left.

That night, after Donghae left, a single tear escaped from Jessica's closed eyes, and she pressed her lips together. She wasn't sleeping at all. "Goodbye, Lee Donghae." She whispered, and after that, sleep finally claimed her.

 

--

Heartbreaker. /3

Please comment!