Confused

Stay by my Side

Jessica felt automatically go up in a smile as she saw him.

"Jae oppa! I had no idea you were in San Francisco too," she said cheerfully, stepping to the side to let him in. Jaejoong gave her a small, sad smile. I haven't been the nicest person lately, but if it's all for love, it can be pardoned, right? He thought to himself as he chose the right words to tell her. Finding none, he cut straight to the chase.

"Choose me, Sica. Choose me, not him," he pleaded.

She stepped back, shocked at his words. "Oppa..."

"Sooyeon-ah. Just... hear me out. I know it would be unfair to you- and Donghae, if I tell you that I can make you happy, because I know he can too. But I can tell you for sure, with all of my heart, that I will love you forever. I will never leave you," he finished, looking straight at her.

Jessica's breathing was heavy. She had no idea that it would be this hard. She had obviously underesmitated- and ignored her feelings for Jaejoong. They both had a strong, intoxicating effect on her, and she loved them both. The only question left to answer now is who she loves more. But it isn't that simple. Her heart was exploding from too much love. And she knew how unfair it would be to herself if she forced to make a decision at once.

Is it too selfish of me to love them both? She asked herself, holding back the tears. Just one look from Jaejoong, and it felt like she wasn't with Donghae just a few moments ago. It was like it was only the two them, from the very start.

She looked at Jaejoong, her eyes filled with love and sadness. "I love you, oppa. But I love him too. I can't choose. Not now, at least," she avoided his gaze, and stared at the floor instead.

"Jessica... take all the time you need. I would be patiently waiting for you," he answered, giving her a smile.

"Gomawo," she kissed his cheek, just as with Donghae, and she paled upon remembering. "Ne, I'll just see you around then, oppa," she said, distracted, as she walked him to the door.

Jaejoong nodded, and went on his way, leaving Jessica even more of an emotional wreck than she was earlier that day.

 

I know, this chapter is kind of confusing because BAM! Jaejoong is suddenly nice in contrast to this dark, almost stalker-like vibe to him a few chapters ago. I would be posting a oneshot regarding his "change of heart" (or probably just make it a chapter, I'm not sure yet) in order to clear things up. Also, I'd like to point out that Jaejoong is not ultimately the bad guy here, because a lot of you seem to think so. Jaejoong's love for Jessica is very true, as you can see. I'm awfully sorry for my extremely slow updates, because even though I have everything written out, I feel like I need to edit (and reedit... and reedit again) before I post a chapter. Since this is my "major" fic at the moment, I want everything to be perfect. But yep I have taken up too much of your time already with this note, so I'm going to shut up and roll away for now, but don't forget to tell me what you think! :)