Chapter Eight

Tangled

 

CHAPTER EIGHT

Heartbeat Exchange

 

                The blue sky is clear of the dark clouds that were looming on Seoul the past few days.  The weather has never been this good.  Yuri could see the roof of the houses near the SM Building through the glass wall.  She was oblivious to the music that was playing through the earplugs she was wearing as her thoughts wander to the night Yunho took her home.  She was left confused as Yunho refused to say another word of what he was being so dramatic about that night.  He kept switching the topic until she gave it a rest.           

                When her phone fell from her grasp, she bent to pick it up but another hand raced to get at it first.  She looked up to see Siwon.  He held his hand towards her to give her phone back to her.

                She took the earplugs off.  “Thank you,” she said as she took her phone from his hand.  But before she could take away her hand, Siwon’s hand closed in on her smaller one.  She looked up to see him smiling at her.  She simply couldn’t resist but smile back.  She needs this kind of moment, the feel of melting under someone’s gaze and the loud pounding of heart because of someone’s smile.  Yes, sometimes she needs those.

                “What I’ve been waiting to see,” Siwon said and released her hand.  He leaned on the shelf beside the bench where she was sitting and looked to where she was looking at earlier.

                “Have you been watching me spacing out for a long time?”

                “Nah.  I’ve been in a trance for a while, too,” Siwon replied.

                “Hmm.  This good day just makes us remember the good times, huh?” 

                “Your peaceful and beautiful face brings good feeling to me,” Siwon said while gazing on her face.  A tinge of pink crept into Yuri’s face.

                “You should seriously stop doing that.  I’m getting big-headed because of you.”  She tried hiding her face with her hands.  Siwon chuckled.  He always gives her compliments because he thought that it’s good for her, to keep dark thoughts that show on her face away.  She looks more beautiful when she’s happy.

                “I would like you to meet my family, Yuri,” he suddenly said.

 Yuri stiffened at what he said.  “Isn’t it too early for it?” she thought.  She’s not even sure if she could return the affection that he’s giving her. 

Perhaps Siwon saw the uncertainty in her eyes because he hastily added, “If it is fine with you.” 

“I don’t know, Siwon.  I don’t know if I’m ready for this.” Or if I will ever be.

It’s alright.  I’m not rushing you into anything.  I understand if you want to take things slow.”  He sighed.  “I just want my mother to meet you so she would know who was behind the happiness I’ve been showing these days.  I don’t want to leave her out from the things that have been happening to me.”

Yuri smiled.  If Siwon is this sweet, what kind of fool is she to keep on holding on to Yunho? “Let me think about it first, Siwon.  I-It’s the first time that a guy asked me to meet his parents so…”

Siwon smiled widely.  It was enough to make him happy already.  He could feel that there’s someone else so he is glad that despite it, she is still giving him a chance.  “Thank you, Yuri.”

“No.  Thank you, Siwon!” she said and pulled his hand, pulling him to sit beside her.  She leaned her head on his shoulder and sighed.  She is giving this a chance.

The two of them gazed at the horizon without really looking at anything but with bright smiles on their faces.


 

Yoona watched her fingers dance as she moved them in circles.  She was sitting in Yunho’s office, waiting for him to finish whatever he was doing.  She looked up to see him scribbling something on a piece of paper on his desk.  Yunho’s bent on making them rest when he, himself, seemed to get a little of it.  There were hints of black circles under his eyes probably due to his late night works.  Aside from managing SNSD himself, he’s also overseeing all talents of the agency to make sure that they are enjoying the new system of the agency.  And amidst it all, he still has time for her.  There are times when he couldn’t see her because of their conflicting schedule yet he makes sure that he could make up for it.

                  She has dated before.  She just didn’t give her heart to any of them because it already belonged to somebody else.  She was noncommittal.  All the guys seemed just to go after her because of her face and because she was popular anyway. But Yunho is different, he has everything to offer yet he’s not asking her for anything at all.  She wants to understand him because she knows that it is the only thing that she could give him.  She looked down to her fingers again and started twirling them again, humming a song this time.

                  Yunho looked up when he heard the out-of-tune humming.  Yoona was playing with her fingers.  He smiled.  He was totally lost with his workload that he forgot Yoona was waiting for him.  He checked his watch.  Three hours.  Yoona has been sitting there, waiting for him.  He started humming with her until she looked up.

                  “I-I’m sorry, I disturbed you,” she said apologetically, a soft blush creeping in her cheeks. 

                  Yunho started gathering his things.  “I am actually done for today.  I totally lost track of time.”  He grinned at her apologetically.

                  “It’s okay, oppa.  I-I don’t want to be a bother anyway.”

                  Yunho walked towards her, pulled her up and cupped her cheek.  He made sure that she was looking straight into his eyes when he said, “Don’t ever think of that.  You are not a burden to anyone especially to me.”

                  When he kissed her cheek slowly, Yoona’s eyes widened.  She has never let any guy get too close to her like this.  Yunho hummed the song she was humming earlier.  His breathing fans her ears, sending her a tingling sensation.  She closed her eyes as his soothing voice drifted her into an unknown world.  She felt Yunho’s other hand s around her tiny waist and started swaying her.  Yunho stopped humming but they were still swaying. 

                  When they finally stopped, neither of them moved.  Yunho could feel Yoona’s heart beating fast.  He kissed her cheek once again and pulled away.  He smiled at her as she shyly looked away, the red on her cheeks betraying the embarrassment that she was hiding.

                  He grabbed her hand and pulled her with him out of his office.  Yoona looked at their hands as she let him pull her.  She could still hear her heart pounding.  She has never felt like that before.  She loved the secured feeling when she was inside his arms,  the deep soothing voice that made her forget everything.

                  Yoona didn’t bother to look up.  She was afraid that if she would, Yunho would see the confusion in her eyes.  She is confused about how she feels, about how he makes her feel.  It was almost strange yet welcomed. 

                  When she finally looked up, she met his eyes.  Just seeing him smile at her, makes her giddy.  She involuntarily squealed because of suppressed giddiness.  She looked up at Yunho to see his reaction.  His smile widened and his hold on her hand tightened. 

                  “Could I have fallen into him already?”


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

To those who have first read this note earlier, I was 95% sleeping when I posted this chapter, forgive me!!  I was laughing like hell and was like "WHAT?!" when I read my note.  I haven't really slept for almost two days.  I have puffy red eyes already(cause I rarely get eyebags).  I know some of you are going to kill me now or sleeplessness will! Anyway, I'll be really busy so I may not be able to post soon but you know I chapters ready so don't worry.

I have heard about Sooyoung.  Let's pray for her fast recovery. It felt surreal.  SNSD won't be complete for their comeback but it will always be power of nine for us SONES!!