Chapter Fifteen

Tangled

 

 

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Star-crossed Lovers


Her lonely form sitting by the piano makes a panoramic view.  Her hunched shoulders and the deserted room give off just the feeling of loneliness.  She hasn’t been moving for a while and one might think that she’s a statue, a beautiful ornament of the piano room.  Then the thin hand reached out for the vibrating phone in the piano.

‘Yoong, are you in SM right now?  I’ll go there before going to the filming location.’

The message came from Yuri.  She heaved a sigh and stared at the screen for a few moments.  It’s her free day and she left early in the morning so she couldn’t meet Yuri.  Her thoughts are in complete disarray – and her feelings, too.  She overheard what Yuri was telling Sooyoung and Taeyeon last night.  She felt betrayed, again, because Yuri didn’t say anything about what she felt for Yunho.  Thinking about it, she doesn’t know how much Yuri’s not telling her.  She wanted to be angry at her yet she thought how hard it must be for Yuri to see her with Yunho.  She even encouraged her towards Yunho and she seemed genuinely happy for them.  And she knew how it felt to be like that. 

She sighed again.  Yunho kissed Yuri.  Somehow, there’s a pain in her heart thinking that Yunho kissed her best friend.  She has never felt so insecure in her whole life when she learned that Yuri was actually Yunho’s best friend.  They may not spending time with each other much now but all their memories together is something to be envious.  From the past weeks, Yunho was nothing but sweet, protective and caring.  He is someone she wanted to spend her life with for the rest of her life. 

She sighed again.  Yuri was right, they’re in a tangled mess, only she didn’t know how much.   Her thought was then rudely interrupted by an obvious fake cough.  She looked up and was surprised.  It was Yunho’s only flaw why he couldn’t be the man for her: Choi Siwon.

“You seem to be in a deep thought,” he said and settled beside her. 

“Uh, yeah.”  She sneaked a glance at him.  Choi Siwon, the one who was the only one who could make her forget everything, is undoubtedly happy.  Happy because of her best friend who loves another man whom she is dating.  Ironic. “So how was Yuri with your family?”

A broad smile appeared in Siwon’s face.  “They loved her.”  It was short yet something Yoona wished was about her.

“I’m happy for the both of you.  I hope that you could make her happy and please take care of her.”  It was like a farewell for her.  She was about to let go a suppressed feeling completely without any confession and start anew.

Siwon looked at the fragile-looking Yoona beside him.  He knew the burden she was carrying as their respective group image.  Everything about them is controlled.  He felt pity for her yet admired her for she never let herself be affected with all the criticisms thrown at her.  But looking at her now, his heart ached.   She looks like she’s about to cry and all her pains are reflected in her eyes.

“Yoona, are you alright?”

The strength she has built up suddenly crumbled at his simple question.  He just saw right through her.  He’s the guy she’s closest with because they’re just two of a kind.  They’re the ones doing promotions together and he’s the only one who was allowed to get close to her.  She’s not allowed to be close to other guys because of the possible scandals, they might not be the best of friends but they just share something special.

“It’s…” was all could manage to say before she broke into sobs.

“It’s alright.  I am right here.”

Siwon wanted to comfort her.  He’s not used to see her like this and it completely broke his heart to see her crying.  It is weird yet he had the urge to protect her, to keep the things that hurt her away from her.   When Yoona suddenly flung her arms around his neck, he stiffened.  Yet he wanted to protect her.  Wanting to ease her burden, his hands went around her waist and he started to whisper comforting words to her.

It was astonishing that while he was pacifying her, he also felt like his burdens were lifted up from him.  All the doubts from his mind also flew away as he tightened his hold for Yoona.  He closed his eyes and savored the peace.  It felt like it was the right thing to do because he is only doing what his heart is telling him to do.


 

Yunho was tapping his pen on the keyboard of computer while smiling idiotically by himself.  He was waiting for Yuri to talk to her about her variety show appearance.  He was so excited to see her after what happened last night.  He was reading a television network’s proposal for Shinee’s new show but nothing seemed to get inside his mind so he decided to cut the act and just patiently wait for her.  He knew that he should be careful yet he is still giddy.  When his secretary announced Yuri’s presence, he transformed into another Yunho, the manager Jung Yunho.  The smile was gone and he pretended to read the ignored document. 

 

A fully made up Yuri came in.  She looked divine to him despite the fact that she looked uneasy.  It was truly what he expected.  He thought that it would be easier if she didn’t know anything.

“Good morning.”

“Good morning,” he greeted back.  “Take a seat.”  He took out a paper and handed it to her.  “You are going to shoot Date Night.  It’s a new matchmaking show.  They’ll have a set of male celebrities and another set for female celebrities.  You’ll be matched with one another.  I know you’re pretty used to this kind of thing.”  Yunho decided that he didn’t like the fact that Yuri is often paired with different celebrities.

“Yeah,” she said weakly.  She missed the annoyance in his voice as she read on the details of the show.  She truly has been in a lot of shows where they focused on her love line.

Yunho watched her read while he checked how she looked.  She was looking especially hot and thinking how men would surely go get her attention, alarm bells started ringing in his mind.  The producers assured him that she would be away from any scandal yet he felt the need to make sure.

“Don’t be too close to the guys and make sure that you’ll only choose an average-looking.”

“It’s scripted then,” she murmured.

He looked hard at her before he looked down and said, “No.  They want to keep it real as much as possible.”

“So why would tell me what kind of guy I choose when it’s not scripted?  Are you trying to control me?”  Her voice almost went an octave higher than her usual deep voice. 

“Because I am trying not to involve you in any scandal.  Especially when 2PM’s Nichkhun will also be there. “

“I’ll choose him then.”

“Don’t be stubborn.  I am your manager so you do what I tell you to do.  This is for your own good anyway.”

Fire shot up to Yuri’s brain as it blocked all her logical sense.  She abruptly stood up and threw the paper on his desk.  “This is ridiculous.  You keep saying that company is reforming for the artists’ choice and yet here you are, trying to control me.  You keep saying that you want to protect me yet you’re the one who’s always hurting me.  Just keep trying to pretend that nothing happened.  I hope it helps you sleep at night.”

Before Yunho knew it, Yuri was already out of his office.  He mentally slapped himself for making the wrong move. 


 

She was pissed.  Seeing Yunho act like nothing happened the previous night infuriates her.  He had the gall to tell her what to do and claim that it’s for her own good. 

 

Psh.  He’s so full of BS!

She heard his firm footsteps so she quickened her pace.  Even if he’s not the one behind her, she’s not taking any chances. 

“Yuri, wait.”  It is him.  She almost doubled her already fast pace so he wouldn’t catch up.  “I said, wait!”  He pulled her roughly which sent her slamming against him.  “Sheesh.  Why are you so stubborn?”

She struggled to get away from him but her strength is apparently not enough to loosen his iron grip.

“Let go of me, Jung Yunho!”

“Listen to me first,” he said.

“No.  You let go of me this instant.”

“Not when you’re acting like a brat that you are.”

“Oh!  I am a bra~!”

“Yuri-ah!”

Yuri and Yunho spun around to see Yoona and Siwon together.  Yunho’s eyed them suspiciously which Yoona noticed.  She smiled right away with the guy’s display of jealousy.  Yunho’s grip on Yuri loosened a bit giving her the chance to break away from him.  She ran to Yoona’s side and gave her something.

“That’s your ginger tea.  You didn’t get to drink it earlier so I thought I’d bring you one here.”  Yoona stared at her best friend.  Some might have been embarrassed in this situation but she’s not because Yuri’s is not.  That is why she can never be angry at her.  She’s always thoughtful and always looking out for her.

“Good morning, Yunho-ssi.  Yul, what time are you going to the filming location?” Siwon asked.

“Right away.  We just finished briefing about the show.  It’s a dating show,” she winked at him.  the guy’s eyes widened.

“Actually, we’re not done yet.  That’s why I’ll go with you in the location,” Yunho said.

Yuri gaped at his audacity.  He dares go with her when Yoona and Siwon are around.  “You don’t have to, Manager Jung.”  And just like that, three pairs of eyes looked at her, confused at the sudden formality when they all know that they’re best friends.

“I am your manager so I am doing my work.”  He seemed really determined.  Yuri sighed, exasperated.

“Fine!”  She deliberately reached for Siwon’s hand which made Yunho and Yoona stare at the intimacy.  The intimacy that almost crushed their hopes.  “Oppa, you take care of Yoona while I’m gone.  She doesn’t seem to feel well today.”

“You don’t feel well?” Yunho looked at Yoona with worried eyes.  It was a sweet gesture that made Yuri look away and Siwon felt the urge to do the same thing as Yunho.  When Yunho pulled Yoona close to him and kissed her forehead, Siwon finally look away.  He didn’t know what made him do it but he justified himself that it was just awfully uncomfortable.

Yoona smiled.  Yunho is always thoughtful.  She didn’t know why things are this messy but right now, she is basking at his warmth and tenderness.  When Yunho pulled away, she felt a pang of disappointment.  Yunho then took Yuri’s hand before she could even say goodbye to Siwon.  Before the two figures disappeared behind the elevator doors, their retreating figures were obviously bickering, making her frown.

“If I didn’t know better, those two are enemies or lovers,” Siwon said.  She looked up and saw the ghost of a smile on his lips.

“Yeah,” she said faintly.  She was surprised when he suddenly took her hand and almost dragged her to where the two previously disappeared.

“C’mon.  Let’s make this day fun.”


AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

Surprise!  I am alive! Yay!  No, seriously, I am such a bad person.  I didn't feel like posting new chapters because I am simply a bad person.  A lot has happened already and I slept in one of my class!  Some things are taking its toll one me so I advice you all to ignore distractions especially when they're not worth it, okay?  

I am so touched with all the previous comments.  Thank you all so much.  A lot subscribed but I couldn't keep track nowadays cause I am being lazy to go through the new ones' subscription list to see if they subscribed here or on  Polar.  For those who subscribed and I haven't thanked yet, THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.

So about the story, I am particularly happy with this one.  I made their paths cross and voila!  It was a Confusion Fest!  I bet you have ideas of what's gonna happen next.  C'mon tell me or you tell me what you think of this chapter.  I won't bite if you think it was such a boring-and-other-negative-comments.  

And lastly, if you're into JaeRi, check this out: 

 

 

Thank you^^