Chapter Twelve

Tangled

 

CHAPTER TWELVE

Dolls


                “Get your hand off my food, Sunkyu!”  Sooyoung’s voice filled their dorm.  Yoona looked at the alarm clock. 

                Seven thirty.  What the…!

                What is Sooyoung’s problem vocalizing in not so pleasant way this early?  She looked at the bed next to her.  It was already neat and Yuri is not in sight.  Yuri’s revelation last night didn’t let her sleep until past two.  She was sure Yuri didn’t get to sleep much as well.  She heard her go out and if she did sleep, she was up pretty early. 

                Yunho is Yuri best friend.  She was sure that Yunho was talking about Yuri back at the greenhouse.  Yunho cared so much about Yuri yet they kept it a secret from them.  She sighed.  She should have listened when Yuri was trying to tell her everything.  She felt betrayed that Yuri never told her about herself when they’ve been best friends since the beginning of SNSD. 

                “Sunkyu!  You little!”  Sooyoung’s voice got even louder.  She must be chasing Sunny for taking her food.  Sooyoung could really be nasty when it comes to food.  They all eat a lot but no one beats Sooyoung.

                There was a knock.  “Yoona-unni!  Are you awake now?”  Seohyun called.  “It’s breakfast time.  Hurry up before Sooyoung-unni eats everything.  And it’s not healthy to skip meal.”

                When Yoona entered the dining room, everyone was there.  There was an early chatter and Sunny was especially hyper. 

                “Good morning,” she greeted groggily.

                There were ‘good morning’s from the girls.  “Yoona, brush your teeth or gurgle before you join us,”   Hyoyeon told Yoona.  Before she did so, she glanced at Yuri.  She seemed down and Jessica was like talking to a zombie beside her.

                She felt bad for not listening to Yuri last night.  “Yuri, do you have class today?”


 

                They decided to go to a sports club to have a little workout.  Just the two of them.  Tiffany wanted to go with them but they managed to get away from her.

                “I’m sorry.  I should have listened to you last night.”  Yoona offered Yuri a bottle of water.  They’ve been playing tennis for about fifteen minutes and they were already sweating like pigs.

                “Nah.  It’s okay.  It wasn’t what I saw coming but not really unexpected.”  She smiled at Yoona.

                “So, you and Yunho are really best friends?”  Yoona’s eyebrows rising.  Yuri nodded.  She told Yoona what Yunho was like when they were kids until Yunho had to go to the US.  “He’s super busy when he came back so we never really had the time to sit down and talk like the old times.”

                “I know.  He gets eyebags because he’s working way too late.  You two should go out like best friends again.  You know, he really cares about you.”

                Yuri looked at Yoona.  “Really?  How could you say that?  You just learned about us being best friends last night.”

                “He told me about the jasmines remember?  He must be talking about you.”

                “Yeah, he was.  Wait, you’re not jealous, are you?”

                “N-No!”

                “Good.  Cause he told me last night that he has you in his life now.”  Yuri winked at Yoona.

 


 

         

                “I’ll pick you up at six then.  Uh-huh.  You too.  Bye, see you tonight!”

                When Siwon turned around, he met two pairs of teasing eyes.  They might have been eavesdropping and he didn’t notice.  “It’s not good to listen to somebody else’s conversation.”

                “Yes.  And it’s not good that you’re telling your leader that you are dating,” Leeteuk said.

                “He’s dating Kwon Yuri,” Donghae helpfully said.  Siwon frowned at his friend.

                “Are you serious about her?” Leeteuk asked.

                “Yes, I’m serious about her.  In fact, she’ll meet my family later.”

                “You should have talked to me about this, Siwon,” Leeteuk said seriously.

                “I’m sorry, hyung.  I never expected that it’d get this serious.”  Leeteuk nodded.

                “How did you end up dating Kwon Yuri?” Yesung asked. Yesung just entered the room with Heechul.   Yesung has a huge crush on Yuri.  Siwon saw this as an opportunity to tease his senior.

                “She likes good-looking and tall guys, hyung.”

                “Hmmm.  Is that why, she has been eying me all along?” Heechul said. 

                “You wish!” Siwon laughed at his friends.  They might be teasing him but deep inside, he knows that he has all their support.


 

                They were all huddled inside their room again.  They were all fussing over Yuri.  Everyone’s helping her choose her dress for her dinner date.  They’ve been at it for almost an hour but they still haven’t decided what Yuri should wear. 

                “I think pink would be the best for her,” Tiffany suggested.  She’s been holding onto a pink dress since they rummaged Yuri and Yoona’s wardrobe. 

                “Purple!  That would fit you right.  I think we should all wear that sometimes because we’re so royalty,” Jessica said.

                “You’re only thinking of yourself, Ice Princess,” Sunny retorted.  Jessica pouted and they laughed at her reaction.  How could people call her Ice Princess when she’s this adorable?

                “Why don’t you wear orange?  You wore orange for the Hoot promotions and it looked good on you,” Hyoyeon said.

                “And what?   Make her look like I’m-brighter-than-miss-sunshine?  Seriously, she should look mature, meeting her future in-laws,” Sooyoung said.  The girls giggled at the ‘in-laws’ term.

                Yuri looked at Sooyoung.  She didn’t think that it would appear like that.  She knows that Siwon and her relationship is taking up a higher notch but she hasn’t thought about settling down yet.  All she wants to do now is to forget about Yunho and return Siwon’s feelings.

                “White or black.  I could only think of such color to make her more mature,” Seohyun voiced.

                “Maknae is good about all this maturity thing, isn’t it?” Taeyeon teased.  “Now Yuri, you hurry up.  Siwon’s going to be here any minute.”

                Just when Taeyeon finished talking, the door bell rang.  They all hurried out to see if it was Siwon except her and Yoona.  They could still hear their chatter when Yoona closed the door.

                “So what are you gonna wear now?” Yoona asked.

                “I-I don’t know,” Yuri looked up at Yoona helplessly.  Yoona grinned.  She held up a yellow floating dress.

                “How about this?”  Yuri didn’t know what to say.  Yoona probably had the gorgeous dress in her hands for minutes.  She is such a great friend.  “I’ve been holding into this for a while and I think this is perfect for you.  Show your true color — lively, vibrant and fresh— like the summer days.”

                Yuri almost tears at Yoona’s words.  “Thank you.  I think this is perfect!”


                Yunho was opened by giggling girls.  They were almost disappointed to see that it was just him but still let him in anyway.  She wanted to see Yuri.  It has been awhile since their last meeting and it didn’t end well.  He wanted to know if she has been well. 

                “What are you doing here, Yunho-oppa?” Taeyeon asked.  “Yoona never said anything about going out tonight.”

                “Oh, I wanted to see Yuri.”  The girls gasped.  As far as the girls know, he hasn’t talked to Yuri about her not showing up at their practice.

                “Are you going to scold her now, oppa?” Tiffany asked.

                “You can’t do it now, oppa?” Sooyoung said indignantly.

                “Oh?  She’s not here again?”  The doorbell rang again.  The girls are having a lot of guests today. 

                The girls instantly stood up, forgetting that he was there.  “It’s him!”  Seohyun was the only one left to entertain him out of her gracious self.

                “Excuse them, oppa.  They’ve been pretty excited,” she said.  He just nodded.  He was curious who the girls’ guest was to make them giddy.

                “Where are Yuri and Yoona?”

                “They’re in their room, preparing.”

                Before he could ask anything, the others already came back with Choi Siwon.  He has to admit that the guy is a well-dresser.  He always looked groomed and he was that night.

                “Manager Jung!” Siwon greeted him.

                “You stay there, Siwon-oppa.  We’ll call Yuri.”  All the girls went to get Yuri.  It got awkward between the two guys.

                Yunho figured that Siwon and Yuri are having a date that night which made him jealous.  He wanted to forbid Yuri from going out but after the scene at the Kwon’s garden, he knows that it would only hurt her more.

                “You and Yoona are going out too?” Siwon asked, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

                “Oh no.  I was going to talk to Yuri to see if she’s alright,” Yunho didn’t know how to explain to Siwon their situation.

                “I understand.  She’s your best friend,” Siwon smiled.  Yunho felt no bitterness if ever this guys gets Yuri.   Choi Siwon deserved Yuri more than him.

                When the girls appeared, they were still giggling, excited.  “Siwon-oppa, are you ready?  And Yunho-oppa, this is a rare sight so you be ready too,” Sunny said.

                “Gentlemen, we present you SNSD’s black pearl, Kwon Yuri!” 

                Yuri entered the room, wearing a yellow dress.  Her beautiful straight hair was combed neatly which framed her equally beautiful face.  Yunho’s heart jumped at the sight.  He has never seen this Yuri since he got back.  All he has seen him recently are in black dress.  He missed this kind of Yuri, wearing light-colored clothes, making her look young and bright.  But it is never the same.  When Yuri smiled shyly at Siwon, he felt like a cold hand gripped his heart.  Her smile was only just for him.

                Siwon didn’t know what to say.  The beautiful goddess just entered the room and gave him a smile.  He has always admired Yuri’s beauty but tonight was different.  She is most beautiful and he felt elated.  When they go outside, this beautiful goddess will have her hand on his arm as they walk together.  Her eyes, her smile would only be for him.

                “Beautiful…” Siwon whispered.  The girls squealed.  

                “Of course, she’s not in SNSD if she’s not!” Taeyeon, the proud leader said.

                “Yunho-oppa!  Are you okay?”  Hyoyeon noticed Yunho’s silence.

                “Aish.  He’s just mesmerized with our Yuri’s beauty, I’m sure,” Sooyoung said.  “That’s fine with you, Yoona?”

                Yoona just laughed.  She went to Yunho and s her arm to Yunho’s waist.  “Who wouldn’t, right?” she winked at Yuri.

                “We have to go now,” Siwon said as he took Yuri’s hand.

                “You just want Yuri alone by yourself,” Sooyoung teased.  Yuri blushed at this. 

                “Sooyoung!”

                “A’right, I’ll behave!”

                Yuri waved at them.  She glanced at Yunho.  Yoona was leaning into him.

                ‘I hope you’re glad now.  You have her by your side and I’m with Siwon.’

                As the door closed at the gorgeous couple, the girls screamed instantly.  There was an eruption of giggles, chatter and stomping feet.  It was impossible to think that it was made by just eight girls and it was impossible to think that they were just holding it in just now when they were already that noisy when the couple was still inside.

                Yunho sighed.  Now, he knows that Yuri’s okay.  Choi Siwon is slowly mending her heart that he, Jung Yunho, broke.  What he’s not sure is, if he’s okay.

                “Are you okay?”  Yoona interrupted his thought, her sweet smile adorning her beautiful face.

                “Yes…”

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:                

Thank you all for the heart-warming comments!  There are still a lot of chapters to update before Tangled officially ends and my new story will be posted.  I am excited to end this!  I am truly satisfied with this story and considers this a big success since a lot of you keep praising me.blush

Those who are waiting for YoonWon scenes, please wait.  I have it under wraps and the story will eventually get there.  It is not Tangled if there's no YoonWon. We're still at the building up of the mood.wink

A big thank for my new subscriber, febrielia!!  

I'm posting a sneak peek of the other story I am working on.  This is a YunRi.  No triangles but this includes pairings from other fandoms like SeoKyu and TaeSu and has FICTION almost every aspect.  Tell me what you think about it too, okay?          

Enjoy and see you in the next chapter! 

 


 

Sneak Peek to Angels At War:

 

            Everyone was busy walking, trying to get home as the night slowly becoming colder and darker.  He could hear their thoughts faintly as they pass him by.  One elderly woman has her hands full with all the groceries with her.  A parcel fell from one of the paper bags she was carrying.  Yunho, without a second thought, picked it and gave it to the woman.  The woman gently smiled at him.

            “Thank you.  What a nice young man.  Only a few are like you nowadays,” the grateful woman said.

            Yunho smiled as the woman left.  He suddenly stopped at the middle of the pedestrian lane.  He could sense them.  His eyes darted everywhere to find the evil lurking amidst the mortal ones.  People may or may not see them, it depends on these devils.  As he turned to his right, he saw a black blur and felt an unusual chill behind him.  There are two of them?

            He decided to continue walking.  It seems that Changmin was right, they, the angels, are their targets.  He let them tail him.  He could see their fast movements and he could very well feel their presence.  He was in his human form and this makes him vulnerable to the two.  When his heart started beating faster, he suddenly knew who the other devil was.  It didn’t surprise him when she appeared in front of him, making him abruptly stop. 

            No pointy horns, no hideous tail and no black wings.  A devil in the flesh with her dark, evil aura, oozing with something that can pull anyone towards her.  ‘I am an angel,’ he reminded himself.

            A smirk formed on her beautiful face.  “You’re not scared, are you?”

            “Quite the contrary… Yuri.

            “You could go to hell with us then, you liar!  We could smell your fear from miles away so don’t even try to deny it.”