Chapter Thirteen

Tangled

 

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

The Family Choi


           

                 They entered at the beautiful bungalow house.  It wasn’t a huge house like the Kwons and the Jungs have but it was still beautiful.  It was like a house out of Spanish movies.  The walls were painted immaculate white and there were hanging plants at every corner of the house.  The plants were well-manicured and everything just seemed organized. 

                “It’s not as fancy as your house,” Siwon said. “but it is a home for us.”

                “It’s still big, not big like ours but still, big.  And it’s beautiful.  The plants are well-taken care of.”

                Siwon beamed at Yuri’s words.  “Mom gets a gardener to tend for them.  If there’s something that she truly takes pride into, it’s her garden.  She cares for it more than she cares for us.”  Yuri chuckled.  She gets what Siwon’s trying to say.  Her mother spends more time in her Japanese garden than with her.

                “Choi Siwon!  You haven’t properly introduced us yet you already tainted my name,” a beautiful woman said.  She steals words right of your mouth as she exudes much elegance that radiates the whole place. 

                “Mom!” Siwon greeted his mother by kissing her cheek.  This little sweet gesture made Yuri thought how close Siwon is to his mother.  “This is Kwon Yuri, a very special girl.  Yul, this is my mother, Choi Ji Woo.”

                Yuri bowed to Ji Woo.  “Pleased to meet you.  I have heard a lot of good things about you.”

                Ji Woo raised a brow and smiled.  “I like you already.  You’re so charming.  And I’ve heard a lot of wonderful things about you too.  My son just never stops talking about you.”

                “Mom!”  Siwon was blushing profusely.  He never thought his mother would tell Yuri that.  “I thought we agreed that you would keep quiet on that?” 

                Yuri was enjoying it.  Siwon was squirming under her mother’s gaze.  He was clearly embarrassed that his mother spilled that. 

                “You mean Yuri still doesn’t know that you’re hopelessly in—“

                “Ah!  Stop now, mom!” Siwon cut his mother’s words before she could say more words further.  Ji Woo just chuckled at his son.  “Where’s Minho?  He said he’s going to be here early.”

                “He must be upstairs.  You know your brother is Yuri’s huge fan,” Ji Woo then looked at Yuri.  “You won’t believe that boy.  He knows your songs and dances by the heart.”

                Yuri just smiled.  “He must give Siwon a lesson then.  This guy doesn’t give me justice when he performs my part on concerts.”

                “Hey, I do look hot when I sing your part in ‘Gee’.”  He then proceeded singing Yuri’s part.  Ji Woo and Yuri were laughing so hard at what he did.

                “Oh no!  Is that why you wouldn’t let me watch your concerts?” Ji Woo asked, holding in her laughter so she could talk.

  Siwon just shook his head.  He was actually glad that Yuri is comfortable around his mother.  It was a good start.  He already expected that Yuri wouldn’t find it hard to get along with his mother and his brothers.  Yuri, like her mother said, is a very charming person when she wants to. 


Yuri finds Choi Ji Woo easy to get along well.  The woman loves smiling a lot and she’s naturally good natured.  She is the one stirring the conversation and there seemed to be no awkward moments even when she was talking about Siwon’s awkward growing up.  She said Siwon was always shy around girls even though he was really good looking.  He was the one turning the girls away but still the girls would chase after him. 

“He was such a gentleman.  He would turn them down ever so politely and girls would mistake it as a sign of affection.”

“You always taught us to be gentle with girls,” Siwon defended himself.

Yuri just smiled.  Ji Woo surely raised him well to be a good man until now.  Their attention was caught by a figure sneaking at the stairs. 

“Minho, what are you sneaking there for?” Ji Woo called.

Minho straightened himself and went straight to them.  He introduced himself to Yuri while blushing to no end.  “G-Good evening!  I’m Choi Minho, Siwon-hyung’s brother.”

Minho, the boy, turned out to be a tall and extremely handsome guy.  Unlike Siwon’s hair that’s always trimmed and neat, Minho’s hair is left uncut for what looks like a month and gave him a rather easy-going aura.  When Yuri smiled at Minho, his already pink face turned red.

“Hey, Minho, quit blushing or Yuri would think that all you know is to blush,” Siwon .  Minho just pouted and avoided Yuri’s gaze.

“Minho goes to a university.  He wants to be a doctor and he has always been an honor student,” Ji Woo said proudly.

“He was accepted in Brown University in US but opted to study here because he didn’t want to miss our mother,” though Siwon was teasing Minho, there was pride at the tone of his voice. 

“I could just go study there when I’m taking a specialty,” Minho defended himself.

Yuri looked at the three of them.  It makes her miss her parents more.  Though her father was never home much, he would always make it up to them by coming everytime her mother would set a time for family only.  Her mother would never let him near his cellphone for the whole day and it would feel like they’re really a family.


            Siwon and Minho was touring Yuri around the house as Ji Woo supervised the kitchen staff for their dinner.  There house was like a little museum for medals, trophies and plaques.  From their parents to the three brothers, everyone seemed to be really talented in their own way.  There were displays for Siwon’s awards as a Super Junior member, framed magazine spreads and news clips about him, Minho’s medals and trophies as an excellent student, quiz bee champions, their brother, Seung Hyun’s plaques for excellence in business and other seminar awards, he also was a superb athlete, having trophies and medals from various sports.  Their parents have their share of awards as well.  Ji Woo was a former beauty titlist and there were framed pictures of her when she was still reigning while their father was a former national player for hockey before he married Ji Woo.  There were large pictures of them when they were still young and their father was still alive on the wall.  Until recent pictures of them four.  It was a picture of a gorgeous family.  Minho, with his handsome easy-going look, Siwon, with his boy-next door, clean good-guy look, Ji Woo, her elegant and radiant beauty and their oldest brother, Seung Hyun, with his y smoldering look, they make up a very gorgeous family.

                “Wow, you’re one good-looking family.  I wouldn’t be surprised if all of you entered show business!” Yuri exclaimed.

                The two guys laughed.  “A lot of people tell me to audition in SM and join Siwon there,” Minho said.

                “Well, why wouldn’t you?  You would probably give Siwon a run for his money,” Yuri said.

                Minho blushed again.  “I don’t know.  I guess it’s never really a priority for me.  I mean I really want to be a doctor.”

                “Aw, how cute.  Siwon, did you hear that?  Your brother’s gonna be a hella doctor someday.”

                Siwon laughed.  “Of course.  He never lets anyone distract him from his goal.  Though he sometimes forgets it when he sees you on TV,” Siwon said as he put his arm around Yuri’s shoulder and led her to the dining room.


                “They would be glad if we expand in construction materials.  I’m seriously considering it though.  A friend just came back from Australia and said that construction materials would be a good export there.”

                The first thing that entered Yuri’s voice was the y baritone talking voice.  It was so y that it could melt you even just by listening to it.  When she got to face the owner, she was never disappointed.  It was Seung Hyun, the one that she saw on the family’s picture.  When he met her gaze and smiled at her, Yuri couldn’t resist but smiled back.

                “So this must be Yuri.  You’ve been enchanting the whole family,” Seung Hyun said.

                She tried harder not to be affected but the red tinge on her cheeks betrayed her.  She simply couldn’t resist it.  Dang, the Chois are to reckon with, they love painting cheeks red.  She covered her cheeks with her hands.  “Oh no, it’s not like that.”

                “See, how adorable she is?  She tries to be modest but she’s really charming.  I’m glad Siwon has gotten to know you,” Ji Woo said as she held her hands.

                Siwon cleared his throat.  “Mom, what are you doing?”

                Minho and Seung Hyun chuckled.  “Mom seems to forget that you two are not yet married,” Seung Hyun said.

                “Aish.  These guys.  Of course I’m happy that Siwon found a girl like Yuri, truly a gem.”

                Siwon could only shake his head to Yuri in embarrassment  as his brothers laughed. 


                Yuri couldn’t take the smile off her face that whole night.  The Chois are a happy bunch.   The dinner never got boring because everyone has to say about something.  Siwon was so sweet to her, tending to her the whole time.  Minho never really gotten over her shyness around her while she grew comfortable around Seung Hyun as he showed his goofy side of him during dinner.  Every now and then, one of them would and Siwon, asking if they would get married soon because they would be really glad to have her in the family. 

                If she could only extend the night, she wouldn’t be going home.  Siwon took her home and he was thanking her endless for enjoying his family’s company.   She was just laughing it away, saying that his family is great to have around.

                “I had fun,” Yuri said to Siwon.

                “I’m glad.  I was really hoping that you would fun tonight.  They loved you and it’s everything that I could ask for,” Siwon said.

                Yuri smiled.  She looked straight into his eyes.  She could see the admiration in his eyes.  “Let’s make this an unforgettable night, shall we?”

                She inched her face closer to his face.  She could see Siwon’s widened eyes, not anticipating Yuri’s move.  He closed his eyes tight when he thought their lips are gonna meet.  But Yuri’s lips landed on his right cheek.    

                He looked into her eyes and she just giggled, her eyes full of mischief.  “Thank you,” she said.  She hastily got out of Siwon’s car and made a run for their dorm, missing Siwon’s bright smile.


                She heard Siwon’s car sped away and she steadied her heart.  It was still beating loudly.  That’s when he noticed someone leaning on a black car.  He was looking directly at her, a grim expression on his face.


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

How are you doing, my dear readers?  I was suppose to update yesterday but all the hype with the new concept photos from SNSD got me swooning.  That's just a good excuse, right?  Haha.  I am soooo excited with Yuri's photo!  

A lot of you are missing YunRi...well, you have to wait!  I am giving you an ultimate YunRi soon so just don't fall off your seats yet!  Can you tell that I am feeling bouncy and super happy?  Well, congratulate me for passing my CISCO's midterm!  Gah, I can't get over it yet!  I thought I was gonna fail!  That's why I made it a point to update and hurry with my other stuff!  

And before I keep blabbing, let me thank my new readers: 

AeYun_7                

FoodForThought

Thank you for subscribing!!

I love this Choi Family ensemble.  How could they have good genes?!  If all the Chois in the world have that super genes, I will have to find myself a Choi and marry him as soon as possible.  I mean, Sooyoung's got a hell of good genes too.  TOP is just...well, you can get as much idea how I think of they guy in the story.  Siwon's my one and only, Siwon.  I just love him to death!  Haha.  And Minho's too adorable.  

Just a thought, why did we even start shipping YunRi when they don't seem to be close?  I don't see them together much and they barely interact in SM Town concerts.  But we still love them!!

And oh!  If you haven't watch Big Brothers' pilot episode where Taeng, Fany, Seobaby and our lovely, Yul yet, just go to my page.  I have links with English subs!  Just go through my stuff and you'll find 'em!

See you, see you!  And don't ever forget to comment!