Chapter Three

Tangled

 

 

CHAPTER THREE

Morning of Surprises!


                Muahahaha!

                An evil laugh, she knew only Taeyeon could pull that off and get away with it.  Yuri tried to bury her head further into her pillow, trying to shut the noise that surrounds her.

                  She retired late last night.  After Yunho dropped her off, she took some time to compose herself.  It was a night of roller coaster ride.  She tried her disappointment and heartbreak to go away.  She knew that it wasn’t something that she could do in one night but still she wanted to try. 

                “Hey, Yuri, wake up!  You have a lot of explaining to do with us.”  It was Sooyoung’s bossy voice.  She just groaned.

                “Don’t just groan there and get up now,” cooed Tiffany.  Someone started tickling her.  She tried to resist at first but when almost eight people tried tickling her at once, she suddenly sat up.  “Now what?”

                “Are you awake now?” said their little boss, Taeyeon.

                “I don’t have a choice, do I?” she muttered.

                The evil girls just laughed.  “You came in late last night,” Jessica said.

                “And a guy dropped you off,” Hyoyeon said.  Seohyun nodded disapprovingly.

                Yuri sighed.  “These girls, really…”  She stood up and got out of the room.  The girls just followed her.  She settled at one of the couch of their living room, the others did the same.

                “So?” Yoona said.

                “It was just my childhood friend.  The dinner I went to last night was with him and his mother.  He just came from the US so his mother invited me since we used to be really close.”

                The girls looked at each other as if they know something that she doesn’t.

                “What?” she asked perplexed.

                “This came for you,” Taeyeon said.  She was holding a bouquet of flowers and gave it to Yuri.

                There was a card.  She opened it but before she could even read it, Sooyoung already spoke.  “It says, ‘Thank you for the last night!’

                She must have known that they have read it already.  Nothing escapes from these devils.

                Yuri felt somehow rejuvenated.  Maybe it’s not too late yet. “Yunho.”


 

 

                The girls hurried to the SME building, they were running late.  A call said that there was an emergency meeting, SME talents should come as soon as possible.  There were already a lot of people at the building’s lobby.

                “What’s happening?” Taeyeon immediately asked to whoever she could when they were there.

                “I don’t know.  We got a call that there will be an emergency meeting,” Leeteuk said.

                “I hope there’s nothing wrong,” Taeyeon said to them.

                “I doubt that. Even the biggest talents of SM are here,” said the cool Sunny.

                The girls just kept quiet, they, too, have that same odd feeling.  Never did they gather like this if not for the concerts they all participate in.

                Yuri watched the expressions of their seniors.  Even they, who have been in SM for so long, were agitated. Her eyes passed Choi Siwon.  He was looking at her, a look of anticipation on his face.  He smiled at her and she did the same. 

                Siwon breathed audibly.  He thought Yuri’s going to snob him but she didn’t.  He wanted to talk to her more last night but when he looked at their table, they were already gone.  His brothers told him that he was spacing out the whole dinner.  Minho teased that maybe he was worried about  ratings of the last episode of his drama to which he just agreed to avoid more teasings.

                Donghae elbowed him.  “I saw that.  Since when did you become that close to Yuri?”

                “You’re just jealous.”  They both chuckled.  Donghae is close to almost all female artists in SM except Yuri.  It’s almost a game for the Super Junior members to get close to Yuri.


               

                When President Lee Soo Man walked through the lobby, everyone fell silent.  They couldn’t read the president’s expression.  Then after a while Jung Joon Ho followed the president.  There was a quiet tumult.  They were all wondering what could possibly Jung Joon Ho got to do with SME.  After some minutes, someone told them to proceed at the building’s function hall. 

                Everyone went silently.  Yuri’s arm was stopped by someone when she tried to follow the other girls.  Jessica, who saw it, just raised a brow and pointed it to Tiffany and Yoona.

                “Siwon-oppa!”  They started to walk through groups of people but they were already away from the SNSD members.

                “What do you think it’s all about?” he asked.

                “I don’t have any idea,” Yuri shrugged.  She might be close to the Jungs but business is still business and she didnt want to get involved.

                When they got inside the hall, Siwon led Yuri to the seats far from the members of the SNSD and Super Junior. 

                “We seem to be far from the others, oppa,” Yuri said, noticing what Siwon did.

                “Really?” Siwon feigned a look of surprise.  “Never mind that.”

                Yuri let it pass.  She was too anxious to worry about where she was sitting.  President Lee Soo Man was in front, beside him was Jung Joon Ho.  There was a vacant seat beside Jung Joon Ho so they might be waiting for another person before the start of the meeting

                “Did you receive it?” Siwon asked Yuri, taking her mind off from what’s been going on.

                “Receive what?” Yuri was confused.

                “The flowers.  I-I sent them to you.”  Siwon was nervous.  He didn’t know why but he just felt uneasy.  He just woke up this morning and felt like sending Yuri flowers, so he did.  He is not compulsive and he didn’t know what’s happening anymore.

                “Oh!” her eyes lit up at the recollection.  “They were from you?”  Yuri didn’t know if she would feel excited or disappointed. So it wasn’t from Yunho-oppa. “Those were adorable.  Thank you, Siwon-oppa.  Why did you send those though?”

                “Um, just to thank you for the last night.  You are not someone to get easily to close to but somehow I felt closer to you already.  Take it as a friendship gift.”  He blushed.

                Yuri chuckled.  She didn’t know she could make Choi Siwon blush like this! 

                They noticed the others starting to look at the back so they also looked at what the fuss was all about.  Someone was already closing the door of the hall and Jung Yunho was walking towards the front of the hall.  Yuri’s world almost stopped.  She could only see Yunho walking, waiting for him to look her way, to give her a smile.  But Yunho was looking everywhere but where she was.

                “Yunho-oppa.” She muttered.

                “You know him, too?”  Siwon asked.

                “Yeah, he is the son of Jung Joon Ho.”  And my first love.



 

                Yunho was nervous and excited.  While walking towards the front, he already scanned the room for Yuri.  His eyes wandered to where most girls were sitting because Yuri belonged to a girl group but he didn’t see her there.  It was impossible to see her if the SM talents were this many.  He just wanted to smile or nod at her to assure her that everything’s alright.

                They are going to take over Lee Soo Man’s company.  They’ll still give Lee Soo Man the privilege to manage the agency but he isn’t the sole owner of the SME now.  He signed a partnership with his father and his father has the bigger part of the contract.

                “So as I was saying, there will be changes with the management according to what Mr. Jung and I have agreed on.  Mr. Jung’s son, Jung Yunho will help us in adapting with the new system of the agency.”

                Jung Joon Ho stood up to clap.  It was to support his son.  Yunho stood up to be recognized by the people inside the hall.

 “Good morning SME talents.  I am Jung Yunho and I’ll be with Mr. Lee to help him manage this agency.  Let’s do our best,” he bowed in front of them.  There was an automatic applause from the people around him.

Then he got a glimpse of Yuri.  He looked to make sure that it was really her.  She was with the guy who escorted her.  They were busy talking that she didn’t notice him looking straight at her.

                “Coworker, my foot.”


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I am feeling kinda ubsurdly happy today.  My day started with an analysis of Sonnet 18, it wasn't the first time but this poem makes anyone's day!  When I got out of the university, I was feeling sooo happy so I decided to update once I get a hold of a keyboard!  I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

New subscribers:

blackpearl

BlackPearl_21

lovelyul

ilovedramas17

oetori

nadya0503

BananaRaindrops

ohphooey

 

I will be always grateful for all the people who appreciate my works!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Oh, and I'm starting with two new stories. ^^ After I finish this story, I'll work on with both!