Chapter Five

Tangled

 

CHAPTER FIVE

Get Up and Dust It Off


 

                It has been weeks since the day that Jung Yunho announced that he will be their manager.  True to his words, the girls didn’t have that much busy schedule anymore.  They still have their hands full but they all have time for leisure now.  Yunho would see them practicing then he would disappear later on without saying a word.  He doesn’t have time to talk to Yuri so the girls still have no clue that the two of them are friends.  Siwon finally pursued his interest in Yuri so he would ask her out from time to time.  Though Yuri accepted some of his invitations, she still never given it too much thought to take it seriously.

                Yuri came home with a bunch of giggling girls.  She and Siwon went out again.  They were huddled in her and Yoona’s room and were very excited over something.  

                “I’m home,” she called so they would notice that she was there.  “What’s going on?”

                “Hey, Yuri!” greeted Tiffany.  “Yoona is going on a date.”  They were all excited about it.

                “So why are you so excited?  You weren’t half excited the first time Siwon and I went out.”

                “It’s because of who she’s going out with, Yuri,” Hyoyeon said.

                “Who?”

                “JUNG YUNHO!” they all screamed. 

                They all went gaga after screaming Yunho’s name.  I looked at Yoona and raised a brow, asking if I should believe the others.  She smiled at me while blushing in deep shade of red.  If only the news didn’t bring her much hurt, she would notice how Yoona prettily blushed. 

                “When did he ask you out?  Why didn’t you tell me so?” she choked out the words.  It was lucky that the others were still crazy at that moment and Yoona was too giddy to notice it.

                “He came here earlier.  He was looking for you at first, asking about your university schedule then he suddenly asked me if I’m free to go out.  You should have seen the girls’ faces.  They were so jealous!”

                “We were so not!” Sooyoung butted in.

                “Yeah, we know he just asked you because you displayed too much charm earlier,” Taeyeon said.  No one of these girls would admit that they’re jealous of Yoona.  Somehow they came to admire Yunho after he fixed everything and made sure they are always okay.

                “Try to deny it but I’m still going out on a date with Yunho-oppa!” Yoona teased.  They all laughed.

                When the doorbell rang, they all panicked.  They were sure that it was Yunho.  They all went to the living room and settled down while Taeyeon opened the door.  When Yunho appeared in front of them, there was no trace of the chaos earlier, they were on their best behavior. 

                “Good evening, Yunho-oppa!” they all greeted.  Yuri decided that it would be better if she try to ride on with the girls this time.  She didn’t want to make things awkward for both Yunho and Yoona since Yunho didn’t know about her feelings anyway.

                “Good evening, ladies!” Yunho greeted them back.  He looked at Yuri.  He didn’t know what her reaction will be but he was hoping that this wouldn’t affect her too much.  “You weren’t here earlier, Yuri.”

                “She was out with Siwon,” Hyoyeon said.

                “Really?” Yunho asked.

                “Yep, she has finally come out of her shell,” said Tiffany.

                “They said you were looking for me but then asked Yoona for a date later on.  They were practically going crazy when I came home.”  She smiled, trying to look alright.

                “So where’s Yoona?” he asked.

                “Aish.  Yunho-oppa is so impatient.  She is still doing her thing.”  Sooyoung said then called to Yoona in a funny voice, “Yoona-ah, Yunho-oppa is waiting here for you.  You shouldn’t keep him waiting if you still want a date with him.  Especially that we’re here.”

                Yunho laughed at what she did.  And soon enough, Yoona came out of their room, still trying to get a shoe on but still managed to make it look like she was posing for a magazine.  Some people just never run out of grace.

                “Yoona, you went out of your room looking like that?  You’re the face of SNSD so you should be careful of your actions.  What do we do if our manager lost his interest in you?” Taeyeon nagged Yoona.  No one couldn’t make the girls keep their real attitude to themselves, they just come out on their own.

                “Oops!” Yoona then straightened herself.  She looked beautiful in a yellow dress with her red hair flowing down her shoulders.  Some of the girls sighed when Yoona was finally done. 

                “So we’re going now.  Girls, you take care,” Yunho bid them, before they turned their backs on them.

                As Yuri watched them walk away, she felt like her heart was torn into pieces.  She wiped the tears that are starting to well up in her eyes.  Maybe it’s time to finally let all her feelings towards Yunho go away.  She took her phone out and dialed a number.

                “Hello, Siwon-oppa.  Are you free tomorrow night?”


 

                Yoona was thanking everyone in the studio.  Her photoshoot for an ad just wrapped up and everything just ran smoothly. 

                “Thank you for the job well done, unnies and oppas.”

                “You did great,” returned the staff.

                As she went out of the studio, she runs into Siwon.  “Siwon-oppa!”

                “Yoona.”  Siwon greeted her.  “How are you? Did you just have a shoot here?”

                “Yes, we just finished it,” she said.  “Aren’t you with Yuri?  I thought she is free today.”

                Siwon blushed at what Yoona implied.  “No, she said that she is going to meet her mother today.”

                “You two are getting closer.  I am usually the only one who knows when she would meet her mother but now, she also tells you.”

                “Yeah, I’m glad she trusts me like that though I can feel that she’s not that comfortable going out with someone yet.”

                “Give her time, oppa.  I’m sure she’ll get used to it soon,” she gave him a forced smile.

                “Yeah, I really hope so.  How about you?  I heard you’re going out with Jung Yunho.”     

                Yoona beamed.  “We don’t go out a lot like you and Yuri though.  He has such a busy schedule and I don’t want to burden him.”

                “Yunho is lucky to have someone as understanding as you then.”  Yoona blushed in Siwon’s compliment.


 

                Yoona watched Siwon walked away.  She felt her heartbeat with her hand.  It’s still not back to normal.  It is what Choi Siwon does to her.  She was afraid at first that Siwon liked Tiffany since he was closest to her among them.   She was relieved when Tiffany didn’t show any interest in Siwon but when Siwon suddenly gave Yuri this special interest, she felt like this was it.  She is ready to give him up because she loves Yuri like a sister and every time she sees Siwon with Yuri, he is extremely happy that he is practically glowing.  Besides Yunho seems to show interest in her.  She decided to entertain Yunho and she thought that it is finally becoming fruitful because every passing day, she seems to grow fonder of Yunho.  And when he finally asked her out, it was a confirmation of his intention to her. 

                She should start forgetting Siwon from now on.


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This is just a quick update.  I hope you like this! ^^ Thank you for the comments and the new subscribers:

LilyK91 and my firend, mikomikzzie!!  Awesomeness!!!Thank you!!!

 

Yuri's featured in September's Cosmopolitan Korea!!  Yuri jjang!!