Chapter Fourteen

Tangled

 

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Liars Go To Hell


                 No moon, no stars, nothing but dark clouds would be witness to what would happen next.  Only they whose hearts were filled with much longing for each other, could tell that they fought what was fated to happen.  They stared at each other for a long a time.  His dark expression boring into her soul as she looked straight at him, refusing to surrender to an undeclared battle.  A distant rattling sound was heard somewhere but neither of the two heard as they were absorbed at their intense staring.  He was the first to look away, thinking it was pointless to make her guilty with a crime she doesn’t even know.  She didn’t move but a look of triumph was etched all over her face. 

                “If there’s nothing you want to say, I’ll go ahead,” Yuri said.  She turned her back on him to their dorm.  She didn’t know how he closed the distance between that fast them but the next thing she knew, he already had her arm, leading her to his car.  He almost threw her inside his car and slammed the door as hard as he could.  “Yah!  What’s your problem?!”

                He gave her no answer and started driving the car into full speed.   Yuri wanted to be angry, to tell him that he has no right to take her away without her permission but there was something that prevented her to do so.  There was a quiet rage about him.  This sudden display of anger made her fear him for the first time and she felt uneasy.

                She tried to appease her uneasiness by turning the stereo on but his reflex got the better of her.  He turned it off before she could even take her hand away from the stereo.  Her proud self won’t have any of that so she tried to turn it again.  When he turned it off again, a battle of pride started to erupt between them.  No one wanted to surrender as no one let their hands off the stereo.  Frustration filled Yuri and tears started to pool in her eyes.

                “Yah!  If you don’t want to talk to me, at least let me hear something other than my stupid heart beating.”

                Yunho sighed and put his hand on the stirring wheel.  Yuri’s outburst made him come back to his senses and he finally slowed the car down.  It was a stupid thing to do.  He has no reason to be angry, to be jealous.  Not, when he was the one who pushed her away from him.  When he saw Yuri and Siwon, he had the urge to get Yuri out of the car and pummel Siwon right then.  He wanted to tell her how much he loves her but couldn’t.  When she turned her back on him, frustration got the better of him, he took her with him.  And now, he doesn’t know where to go.

Why did I end up falling for you?

No matter how much time has passed,

I thought that you would always be here

But you have chosen a different road

 

Why wasn’t I able to convey to you?

My feelings that were growing everyday and night

The words begin to overflow

But I know they won’t reach you now

 

                It was TVXQ’s song that blasted through the stereo of the car.  Yuri’s sob pierced his ears as she was feeling the song’s lyrics.  He mentally cursed whoever made that song and regretted letting her turn on the stereo.  Yuri succumbed to her pain and tears started to fall down her cheeks faster.  He hated seeing her cry and it is worse because he knew that he was the reason for it.  He stopped the car in a curb and gripped the stirring wheel so hard.  He glanced at her crying form.  He wanted to make her stop but she would just turn him away.  He reached for the stereo and changed the station. 

Knowing that I can’t have you

My indulgent heart is still growing

After waiting alone all by myself,

After regretting alone all by myself,

It seems that loving you was also a mistake

For knowing that I will never forget the pain,

It’s my mistake

I must look like such a fool,

For knowing that I’ll get hurt but not wanting to let go

Though everything is my fault

Even then, it’s okay

As long as you are here always/forever

Please forgive this kind of me

The me who loves you

He was heartless and she only realized that now.  If only she could shed her feelings for him like changing her clothes, she wouldn’t have a hard time now.  Hearing the song that she wrote out of her feelings for him makes it all worse for her. 

                She cried harder as she felt her inhibitions fade away as the song kept playing.  She held on to the hem of her dress tightly.  It is the only one she could hold on for that moment and nothing more.   Jaejoong’s voice then filled the car as he probably switched to another station.

I want to protect you… even your bad habits make me smile when I’m tired
Although it may be difficult, I’m going to say that I love you until the day you first come into my arms

Will you become happy when you leave me to find a different warmth?
Even so I can’t let you go baby
It’s going to hurt even more than dying

I love you.. more than anyone… no, I’m next to you
I’m holding your hand
I can’t give you to anyone else’s arms
my heart cannot let you go…why

                Yunho cursed inaudibly.  Why do songs at this time of the night?  Yuri won’t stop crying and he didn’t know what to do.  The knuckles of her hands start to whiten as she gripped her skirt more tightly.  He couldn’t help it anymore and hugged her ever so tightly.  He heard her gasp but he didn’t let go.

                She couldn’t breathe yet she welcomed the suffocation it brought because of two reasons.  One, she might die and it will end her sufferings right then and two, it felt so right to be in his arms, to feel his heart beat to the rhythm of her heartbeat.  When he started to kiss her forehead, murmuring his consolation to her, her hands shifted to his suit and held on to it instead.  She leaned her head closer to him, to feel him more and to cry on him.

                He let her wet his suit.  He deserved it anyway.  He listened to the song and felt it through his heart.  She snuggled closer to him and his hand circled her form.  It was so darn right to have her close to him.  He could feel her sobs subside and he closed his eyes, the sweet scent of her hair filling his nostrils. 

                They stayed that close for a long time.  Not one of them wanted to let go of the other.  All their pain momentarily numbed as they forget everything around them. 

                When she finally snapped out of it, she pushed him gently.  She made a fool out of herself again, letting her vulnerability get the better of her.  She will end up getting hurt again when she keeps doing this.  “Let’s go back.”

                Yunho sighed.  Much that he regret letting her go, he should.  It is enough to make her stop crying for now.  If there’s anything he is glad about her crying is that she just gave him the assurance that she hadn’t completely fallen for Choi Siwon, that she is still carrying that flame for him in her heart. 


                “I’m sorry.”

                Yuri looked up to him.  She didn’t expect him to say that.  “Don’t be.  You have no obligation to be sorry for my misery.  It is not your fault that I am foolish enough to fall for you.”

                “You don’t understand.  If I could just change everything, I would so you won’t have to suffer.”

                “I’m sure you would… but you just can’t.”  She said with sarcasm laced on every word.  “I’m still glad though.  Yoona is a sweet girl and I love her like a sister.  I’m sure you can make her happy.  I won’t be selfish to take that away from her.”  Yunho looked at Yuri.  There was nothing but sincerity in her eyes.  She truly loved Yoona.  His heart ached more than anything at what she did.

                If Yuri has been selfish once, it was when she defied her father to join SME and she never did regret it.  When Yuri made a move to get out of the car, he caught her arm and turned her towards him.  Her beautiful confused eyes looked up to him.  He lifted his hand and cupped her beautiful face.  He closed his eyes and traced every contour of her face as if memorizing every feature. 

                She couldn’t move.  She was hypnotized.  His eyes were closed so tight as his hands grazed her skin.  When he opened his eyes, it roamed over her face again.  She has never seen him as passionate before.  When their eyes locked, she could feel goosebumps at the back of her neck.  His eyes could see right through her.  He inched his face closer to hers.  Her eyes widened.  He was so close that she could hear his breathing. 

                When their lips met, she could only close her eyes.  She couldn’t breathe yet she hardly noticed it.  She was drowning to the sensation she was feeling right then.  His hands roamed her face once again as his other hand found its way to her back, massaging it.  His hand shifted to her neck to deepen their sinful kiss while his other hand got a hold of her hair.  As he tugged gently at her hair, her hands lifted themselves on their own and clung on his shoulders.  Everything was forgotten.  They forgot that there were people who would get hurt by their betrayal.  They were only aware of each other and how good it felt to kiss the one you love. 

                They parted when they finally ran out of breath, Yunho’s hand was still on her neck.  A smile curved on his lips as he watch her cast her look downwards.  He was her first kiss!  He lifted her chin with his index finger, wanting her to look in his eyes.   

                “Why did you do that?” 

                Yunho couldn’t explain.  He dipped his head and captured her lips for another kiss.  He let his kiss tell her why he did that, hoping that his kiss was enough to tell her he loved her.  She once again drowned in his kiss, intoxicated by all the passion he was putting on it.  She was carried away by the promise he was giving her and she succumbed to his will. 

                When he finally ended the kiss, Yuri snapped back to reality.  She hurriedly got out of the car and ran to their dorm.  She closed the door and leaned on it.  Her heart was still beating fast and she could still feel his kiss on her lips.  She sighed.

                “What happened?”  Yuri was startled by a voice.  It was Sooyoung, holding a pint of ice cream in her hand and a spoon on the other.  “Your hair’s a mess.  Did you run to here?”

                “Why are your lips all swollen?  Did you by any chance kiss Choi Siwon in his car?” Taeyeon, holding another pint, was beside Sooyoung.  She blushed profusely at what Taeyeon said. The two looked at each other and smiled mischievously.  “Yah, Kwon Yuri, did you make out with Siwon-oppa?” they chorused. 

                Yuri looked at the clock.  It was past one o’clock already.  “Yah, why are you two still up?  You should be sleeping now,” she tried covering up.

                Sooyoung lifted the ice cream in her hand as if that explained it all.  “You’re trying to evade the question.”  Taeyeon nodded.

                She tried to get past the two but Sooyoung’s long limbs perfectly made up for the little space between her and the wall, preventing her to get past them.  “Now, you answer us before you could go to your room and before others discover us,” Taeyeon said.  “Did you..?”

                “No, we didn’t,” came her honest answer.

                Disbelief was written in both their faces.  “Liar!” Taeyeon hissed.  “Why would your lips be swollen that big if you didn’t come from a hot make out session?”

                “Taeyeon, you seem to know much about making out.  Did you make out with somebody already?”  Sooyoung was rewarded with a kick from their leader so Sooyoung focused on Yuri again.  “Right, Yuri.  Unless you met with somebody else and made out with that person.”

                It was meant to be just a plain sarcasm but Yuri’s face heated up again, making her face redder, and that answered for them.  Their mouths dropped and their eyes bulged.  It was simply too much to take in.  Yuri took that opportunity to sneak between the two and moved to the living room.  But the two recovered quickly and tailed her.

                “Who was it?” Taeyeon whispered so others won’t wake up.

                “I-I can’t tell you,” Yuri said.

                Sooyoung, the Mount Everest, grabbed her and pinned her.  “We won’t tell the others.  Promise.”

                Yuri doubted that they would keep their promise but if you’re squirming under Sooyoung and at the end of Taeyeon’s glare, telling the truth would be the better option.  “I am going to tell you everything but you have to promise me that you won’t breathe about this to anyone.”  The two nodded meekly, not knowing that they’re going to be dragged into a mess.

                Yuri told them everything, about the relationship between her, Siwon, Yoona and Yunho.  They were not expecting it to be that complicated.

                “So Jung Yunho is messing with you and Yoona,” Sooyoung concluded.

                “Why did you go with him anyway?  You knew he was going out with Yoona,” Taeyeon asked.

                “He’s my best friend.  There was nothing wrong with that until the kiss!”  Yuri was defending herself.

                They sighed Taeyeon put her ice cream down.  “This is too much for one night.”  Sooyoung looked down at her ice cream and ate some more while nodding at what Taeyeon’s said.

                Yuri couldn’t agree more.  She felt her lips with her fingers, she could still feel Yunho’s lingering kiss there.


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

How are ya'll!  I hope you're doing fine.  We have a few more days to go before the official release of "The Boys".  Yuri's concept photo was kinda creepy right?  Well, she still looked like a doll anyway.

Sooooo, the most awaited YunRi is here.  What'd ya think?  Comment, comment please?  Wanna know whatcha think about this chapter.  Have you seen yesterday's Running Man?  It's all Korean and I couldn't understand a thing.  YoonYul dance got me crackin' though.  I just hope Yuri didn't have a hard time after what she did!  

The songs mentioned above were English translation of TVXQ's Why Did I Fall In Love With You(one of my favorites), SNSD's Mistake(Yul composed it herself!) and Kim Jaejoong's I Will Protect You(From Protect the Boss).  

Thank you, dinhae, my new subscriber!   

Let's see how Yoona's doing at the next chapter.  See you all! Rawr!