Chapter Ten

Tangled

 CHAPTER TEN

S.O.S


                Siwon still couldn’t believe what Yuri told him.  She said that she was Kwon Sang Woo and Boa’s daughter.  He laughed at first but when he saw the serious face she had on, he took it to himself to believe her even if it was absurd.  When they finally arrived the Kwon’s house, he was more than shocked to say the least which Yuri enjoyed seeing.  He values family so much that he was glad that Yuri was going to let him meet her parents already.  It gave him hope that somehow Yuri returns whatever he feels for her.

                Though she already told her mother that she was going to bring Siwon at their house, her mother still looked surprised at their arrival. Really, Kwon Boa should be an actress. Her father was also at their house when they arrived.  Her mother has surely something to do with it.  Kwon Sang Woo acted civil and looked the part of the gracious father while her mother was too sweet and was trying to do everything to turn Siwon off from her.

                “The Choi’s are known in garments industry.  It might be one of the top exporters of Korea,” Sang Woo, the businessman, said.

                “Yes, sir. My mother worked hard to get where we are today.”

                “It is good that you seem to have quite an interest in your family’s business.  Our Yuri here doesn’t want to have anything to do with the Kwon Industries.”  Yuri glared at her mother, trying to send a warning.

                “It is my brother, Seung Hyun, however who is more business-minded in our family.  He is the one helping our mother while I am really more into the entertainment industry.”  He looked at Yuri and smiled.

                Yuri nodded.  “Yep.  That’s why we’re really compatible, mother.  We pursue what we really want.”

                Boa just pursed her lips in annoyance.  She likes Siwon because he seems to be a really nice kid and a very charming one.  Every mother would be proud if their daughters take the guy home.  But she wants somebody else for Yuri.  She was about to start attacking Yuri when a maid came to her and said something.  Her face lit up which made Yuri suspicious.  She said something to the made and smiled cattily.

                “What was that?” asked Yuri, suspicion lacing her words.

                “A guest arrived,” she said nonchalantly and sipped on her tea.  The night is turning better.

                Not a moment later, a familiar face joined them, wearing a big smile on his face.  “Good evening, Uncle Sang Woo, Aunt Boa,” while he nodded at Yuri and Siwon’s way. 

                ‘It was all a façade,’ Yuri thought.  She could see through the guy very well.  They weren’t best friends for nothing after all.  It’s always what she has been irritated with Yunho so much.  He always put the best foot forward in front of her parents which made them like him more.

                “Yunho-oppa!” Yuri exclaimed.  She didn’t expect him to be at their house.  She looked at Siwon’s face and there was an awkward expression on his face.  He might feel an outcast among them.

                “Ah, Yuri.  I’ve been looking for you since this morning.”  This time, Yunho couldn’t hide the controlled anger in his voice.

                “I think it’s better if you two should talk privately,” Sang Woo suggested.  “Your mother will keep Siwon’s company for a while.  I’ll just be in the study room, I’ll be waiting for Jiyong’s call from Australia.”


 

                The long silence was caused by the tension between them.  They didn’t know how to start the conversation which was the oddest thing that could happen since they grew up together.

                “I—“ Yuri’s futile attempt to start the conversation was cut by Yunho’s curt statement.

                “You were not answering my calls.”  There was frustration and anger in his voice that she already expected.

                “I—“

                “Never mind that you didn’t come to practice earlier.  The girls didn’t know where you were and you didn’t even bother to call them to say that you would be gone.  Weren’t you thinking of how worried they might be about you?” 

                “It’s—“

                “If   you want to go out that badly, you could have told me.  I am your manager.  Sheesh~ you even got Choi Siwon lying for you.”

                “No, I—“

                “I never thought that you would disappoint me like this, Kwon Yuri.  I’m so—“

                “Damn it!  Will you let me explain?”  Yuri just burst out after Yunho interrupted all her attempts to talk.

                Yunho was baffled.  Never once did Yuri raise her voice on him.  It was almost comical how he left his mouth slightly open and tried to say something but closed it instead. He muttered something under his breath before he said, “Go ahead and explain.”

                “I…I…” Yuri stammered.  She didn’t know where to start.  She took a deep breath and sighed.  “Siwon didn’t lie to you.  I wasn’t with him the whole day.  I was somewhere else.  And I didn’t answer your calls because…because I didn’t want to talk to you.”

                The silence settled between them once again.  Yunho was looking at her, waiting for her to continue.  When Yuri didn’t bother to say something, he cleared his throat.  “I could gather just as much and I don’t understand why.”   

                Yuri closed her eyes.  How could she tell him that it was all to make her forget about him even just for one day?  “L-Last night, when Yoona came home, she…she told me what you two did on your date.  She…she was so happy and she even showed off the…the jasmines.”  Yuri’s voice broke at the last phrase.  Before Yunho could see her tears, she already turned her back on him.  “Pure and innocent, you told her.”

                It hurts.  That’s what Yunho’s heart is telling him.  It hurts to see Yuri hurting because of him.  Yet he should strengthen his resolve.

                “You used to tell that to me.  Only me.

                Yunho closed his eyed, trying to keep himself from hugging her, from kissing all her tears and the hurt he was causing her.  He wanted to comfort her.

                “You were…the only one,” he said clearly.  “But Yoona…she is in my life now.”

                Hearing those words, Yuri’s knees weakened.  She tried to hold on to something to keep her from falling.  She should tell him, she should tell him what she feels.  She should tell him before she loses all her strength and regret it all.  So she faced him.  The darkness around them prevented her from seeing his emotions.

                “I-I love you.  I loved you since we were young.  I loved you even when you left and I have waited—“

                “Kwon Yuri!  Choi Siwon is inside, waiting for you.  That guy has sincere intentions for you and you even brought him here to meet your parents.  And here you are, spouting your love-nonsense.  How do you think he would react to this if he finds out?”

                It suddenly became cold, cold as his voice when he interrupted her and turned her down.

                Crack!

                She lost her remaining strength and broke the branch of a bonsai she held on to.  She gave in, her knees folded on their own and she was kneeling on the soft grass of their Japanese garden.  She d onto something as she tried to get up.  She couldn’t see anything as her eyes were blurred with all the tears building in her eyes and falling down her face.

                When Yunho made an attempt to help her, she slapped his hands away.  “Don’t help me.  I don’t need your help.  I’m not some pitiful girl who would need one.”  She somehow managed to say with her trembling voice.

                He watched her as she struggled until she got up.  She wiped her tears away and straightened her crumpled dress.  She looked up to him, her eyes were all red and puffy.  She smiled bitterly.  “You’re right.  Siwon is inside and I shouldn’t keep him waiting.” 

                She then walked away from him.

                He sighed.  His heart was still beating loudly and he could hear its beating inside his head.            

                “I love you, too, Kwon Yuri.”                         


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Yoooo, my dear readers!  To tell you the truth, I am little worried about this story lately.  I think you're losing your interest in this story that's why I keep encouraging you to leave your comments.  I really want to know what you think.  When I woke up this morning, I decided to update with the fiftieth subscriber.  I thought that it would take time since I only had forty-eight.  Two new subscribers are no joke but when I updated I had two new subscribers!!  That's just AWESOMENESS, DAEBAK!!!  I am such a big head!!  And please let me be. XD

This story is such a drag, I know, but that's just how it is.  It drags more in my imagination since I couldn't express everything in words.  Please bear with me and this story.  Everything will be unfolded in due time.  Just like me, I have FIFTY subscribers! GAH! Just wanna cry!  That's just too much for a first timer here.  

I want to thank these people that completed the fifty subscribers:

sonewoneul 

celestineblue

 

YulSooYoonMinKeyTaec

mayru22

icegabrielle

--wookiechelie

and the ones that don't forget to leave comments(they're really amazing, THANK YOU!) and even the silent ones for appreciating this work.  I could never truly express to you how happy I am right now!  THANK YOU.  This makes me proud!

 

Updating this story with John Mayer's Who Says, SNSD's Oh! and The Script's This Is Love.