Chapter Six

Tangled

 

CHAPTER SIX

Families and Woes


Kwon Family

Kwon Boa

Kwon Yuri

Kwon Jiyong

Kwon Sang Woo


Jung Family

Jung Joon Ho

Jung Hye Young

Jung Yunho


                Yuri was the most anxious in coming to this dinner.  Her mother already convinced her that she has proven herself to her father and her father was already fine with her being an entertainer.  Knowing how manipulative her mother is, there are still lingering doubts in her mind.  Her mother even connived with Hye Young just so she would go. 

                The light laughs of Jung Hye Young and Kwon Boa reverberated through the room as they caught up with each other.  It has been a long time since they have talked in person like this.  They are always busy being wives of two of the busiest men of Korea.  Since Yunho is finally home, Hye Young decided that it would be fun to have the two families reunited like the old times.

                They don’t know what will happen if Yuri finally comes but as for now, the two women are enjoying their time together as the men, Joon Ho, Sang Woo, Yunho and Jiyong, were in the library, probably talking about business again.

                The maid announced to the two women that Yuri finally arrived.  The two breathed in relief, the plan is coming along just fine.  They hurried to meet her and bombarded her with questions regarding the gossips about her and Choi Siwon.

                “Who told you about that?” Yuri demanded.  She was sure that only a few people knew about it yet.

                “It’s not important who told us about that,” her mother said.

                “It’s Yunho, isn’t it?  Aish.  That guy never changes,” she said.

                “Watch how you talk, Kwon Yuri.  Is that how I raised you?” her mother seemingly reproached her.

                “You told me that you two were just coworkers when we last met,” Hye Young said.

                “At that time, we were still not dating.  It wasn’t after a few weeks later.”

                “Ah.  So, what about Yunho?  I thought you like him,”  Yuri’s eyes widened.

                “Mom!  What are you talking about?  And in front of Aunt Hye.”

                “You don’t have to be shy about that.  Your mother already told me that when you were still young.”  Yuri looked at her mother disbelievingly.  But her mother just ignored her and revealed other embarrassing stories about her. 


 

                It was the cutest thing Yunho had ever seen.  Yuri was seated between her mother and Kwon Boa, wearing a black dress.  She was blushing profusely as Boa keeps on feeding Hye Young stories of Yuri when she was a kid.  Yuri keeps muttering something under her breath as his mother just laughs at Boa’s stories.  He was just watching them from the foot of the stairs where the library’s door was.

                “She was wearing heavy makeup that even Jiyong couldn’t even recognize her!” Boa was continuing her story.  Hye Young laughs.

                “Mom, seriously?” Yuri was pleading to her mother.

                “You were cute, Yuri!”  Boa scolded her for interrupting. 

                “How I wish I had a daughter, too.”  Hye Young said.

                “Aish.  Yunho is going to marry soon enough so you don’t have to worry about that,” Boa said.

                Both Yuri and Yunho’s ears perked up.  Yunho didn’t know what his mom has been telling Boa but if it is some scheme to interfere with his life again, he would totally oppose to it. 

                “You two have been boring Yuri for some time now,” he finally butted in so the three would know that he’s around. 

                “Yunho!” Yuri exclaimed.  She glared at the two older women.  They must have known that Yunho was listening. 

                Yunho watched Yuri’s blush becomes more pronounced and grinned.  “Our cute, Yuri.”

                “Cute, my foot.  What have been talking to these two?  You were always a busybody.”

                “I only told mom about what I’ve been hearing around the agency.”

                “You wait until I tell Yoona about you,” Yuri pouted.  Yunho almost cursed at the mention of Yoona’s name.

                It was the two women’s turn to be taken aback.  “Yoona?  You’re not telling me about this Yoona, Yunho!”  Hye Young demanded.  Yuri grinned. 

                ‘Serves you right, Yunho!’


 

                When the dinner was served, Hye Young was still shooting daggers at Yunho’s way, muttering ‘Yoona’ under her breath.  They have forgotten Sang Woo and Yuri’s circumstance.  As the men came at the dining table, an awkward silence ensued.  Sang Woo looked away from his daughter.  Though he truly missed his only child, he couldn’t bring himself to do the first move.  Boa elbowed him, saying that he should forgive his daughter so everything will be finally alright to which his father pouted.

                Yuri saw this and almost laughed out loud.  She knows when his father is only letting his pride win.  She could see that she was already forgiven.  “Good evening, father,” she bowed in front of her father. 

                Kwon Sang Woo and everyone who was watching were surprised at what she did.  Yuri seldom does the first move, it is usually Boa alone who would make the move to patch the two of them up.  A smile crept into Sang Woo’s lips and hugged his daughter.  Yuri has sure matured.  Boa started tearing and even the Jungs were glad that the Kwons finally resolved their problem. 

                “Why did you become this soft suddenly, Dad?”  Yuri asked.

                Sang Woo and Joon Ho just exchanged a look.  “Fathers are tough but always has a soft spot for their daughters,” Joon Ho simply said.

                “So that’s why you’re always hard on me.  Because I am not a daughter,” Yunho said.  Everyone just laughed. 

                Everyone started eating and the two women once again took the conversation in their hands.  Yunho was scorned for not telling Hye Young about Yoona.  Even Jiyong was told off for being too busy in work and not having time for girls. 

                Amidst it all, Yunho was suspicious of what the two are really up to.  What’s weird was that even the older men seemed to be on in the plan.  They’ve been exchanging looks way too suspiciously.   


 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

New update!  I am definitely spoiling you guys!  This isn't supposed to be posted until next week but here I am, updating!  I love all your comments for my last chapter.  It was actually what I expected, oh bad me!!  Please, pretty please, don't kill me if your desired pairing won't end up together.  That statement don't give any clue whatsoever of who will end up with who, I'm just saying.  There would be a lot of sweet scenes for every couple in the future so be patient! Haha!  As much as I want you to read them soon, I can't!  Or I'll lose the motivation to continue.

I've posted pictures of Kwon and Jung families to help those who are not familiar with them.  Jiyong(GDragon) isn't Yuri's brother, he's her cousin on Kwon Sang Woo's side.

Three new subscribers yesterday:

tentenlee

LeeSoEun_92

seorin

Thank you for subscribing and get ready for a Tangled love story!!

Your comments are deeply appreciated!!^^

Four days of wonderful exams and I can sleep soundly now...wink