Chapter Seven

Tangled

 

CHAPTER SEVEN

Black Will Always Be Black


               

                “No stars tonight.  It doesn’t look like it would rain soon though,” Yuri talked to herself.  She separated herself from the rest because the two older women were once again reining the conversation, they could do whatever they want to do.  She hated it and no one can stop them.  It is a shame that when comes to their wives, Jung Joon Ho and Kwon Sang Woo are always overpowered.

                She closed her eyes and breathed the fresh, damp breeze from the Jungs’ garden.  A small smile formed in her lips, making her smile lines more prominent. 

                That scene made Yunho chuckled.  He has been watching Yuri for a while and he has been enchanted.  She was still the same.  She talks to herself and she always love being alone.  Yuri was startled by the laugh and frowned when she discovered him.  “Yunho.  What are you doing here?”

                “Same as you, escaping the witches’ grasps.”  He looked up at the sky.  He always loved spending time with Yuri even without talking.  It gives him a different kind of serenity, just being with her like this.  He sighed.  “I miss this.”

                Yuri looked at him.  “I miss you,” she thought.  She could see Yunho’s face starting to loosen up, probably releasing all the stress his work is tolling him. “You’re dating Yoona.”  It was a careless statement yet it was already out of .

                Yunho raised his brow.  He knew this was coming.  “Are you jealous?”

                “N-No.  There’s just so much you never tell me these days even though you’re here already.  You never have time for me anymore,” she looked down.  She used to tell Yunho about everything back then but now, it’s taking all her will just to say this.

                Yunho suddenly hugged Yuri, her gasp was muffled at his chest.  “I want to tell you everything or even half of what burdens me but I can’t.  You’re the only one who could always ease my worries.  My dear, Yuri.” 

                Yuri was confused.  What’s Yunho trying to tell her? 

                “It pains me to see you getting hurt but I have to do this.  This will make you safer and hopefully, happy in the end.”

                “Yah!”  Yuri pushed him away from her.  “If I am the one who’s causing you this much problem, you could forget about it.  I can take care of myself, just mind your own business.”

                Yunho chuckled.  “If there’s something that has changed something about you, it is that you always try to act and look mature.   Look at you, wearing black again.  It is to make you look mature, isn’t it?  You used to wear light colored clothes back then, to fit your dark complexion.  Did I make you like that?”

                “Don’t be conceited, Jung Yunho.  Not everything is about you, you should know that.”

                “No, it’s not.”  Then he looked up at the sky and added softly, “But everything is about you, Yuri.”  Yuri looked at him, confused once again.

                “What is it, Yunho?”

                Yunho just smiled bitterly.  “Yunho!  Am I the only who wouldn’t know?  Tell me!”  Tears started to well up in her eyes.  Frustration and hurt are visible in her eyes.  This time she made no effort to mask what she feels.  Maybe she could finally let it all out.  “There’s something you’re not telling me.  Our fathers, Jiyong and you.  I know it concerns me but you don’t want to tell me.  Has it something to do with SME?!”  Her tears racing on her cheeks.

                Yunho wiped the tears in her eyes and kissed them.  “Don’t cry.  Don’t ever.  Just remember that all this is for you.”  When Yunho hugged her, she could only hug him back.  Once again, she let her fate be in his hands.  It is unfair yet she felt that it was just right.

                “Why is it that I always come back to you no matter how far I run away from you?”


 

                Joon Ho and Sang Woo shared a toast.  They could see Yunho and Yuri from where they were standing.  “You raised Yunho well,” Sang Woo commented.

                Joon Ho smiled.  “Yes, but that one has his mind of his own.  I had a hard time convincing him.  If I didn’t mention Yuri’s name, he wouldn’t have agreed.”  He glanced at Sang Woo.  “Are you sure that Yuri would be fine?”

                Sang Woo watched the ice slowly melt in his brandy.  “Yuri is strong.  We raised her well.  She could stand a few pains in her life.  After all, I’m doing this for her so she shouldn’t whine.”

                Joon Ho nodded.  “Let’s just make sure that Hye and Boa don’t know about this.  They will kill us.”

                Both of them grinned.  They may be hard core businessmen but when it comes to their wives, they were merely slaves.  They have always been on the same boat, having married to the two best friends.


 

                “Jiyong-oppa, take me home,” Yuri sweet-talked her cousin.

                “Hm?  Won’t Yunho take you?”

                “But oppa—“ Yuri was interrupted by Hye Young.

                “Nonsense, Yuri.  Yunho will take care of you,” she said.  “Yunho, aren’t you Yuri’s manager?  You should be the one to take her home.”

                “Oh no.  Jiyong-oppa always—“ she was once again interrupted.

                “I’ll take Yuri home,” Yunho spoke up. 

                “Aish.  I wanted to spend time with Jiyong-oppa.”

                “I still have a date, Yuri,” Jiyong said.

                “This late?”

                “Yuri, you shouldn’t whine.  You should be grateful that Yunho already presented to take you home,” her mother said.

                “Alright.  Alright,” she said, surrendering.  It’s hard to argue with the witches when they have settled into something.

                The others just laughed.  When they all finished bidding goodbye to each other, Yunho grabbed her hand and led her to his car.  Yuri looked at their hands and thought, “You keep giving me hope, Yunho.”

                When Yuri saw his car, she frowned.  “You have a black car?  I thought you didn’t like dark colors.”

                “I like you, don’t I?”

                ‘Like a little sister,’ Yuri thought.  “Hey, I’m not talking about me here, okay?”

                “C’mon, get inside now or you’ll get home late.”  Yuri got inside his car.  “I’ve always liked you, didn’t I?  Why should it be any different now?”

                Yunho sighed, Yuri didn’t know.  He should wait a little bit more before he could say everything to her.  He is sure that many hearts will be broken, many tears will be shed but he should do it. 


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I seriously love you all!!  I slept the whole day and finished the chapter fourteen!!!  I had a long week and you kept me alive!  AWESOMENESS!!

This is the first major YunRi and I know most of you would be glad...or not!  YulWon fans, you just wait cause I also have a few ready chapters for you.  laugh  YunRi fans, don't be jealous just yet cause you know I love you all.  I will have to indulge you.  I remember having strong emotion when I wrote this one so and I hope it is reflected on this chapter.

I have too much in my imagination and sometimes I get disappointed that I am not able to put them into words.  Every subscription and every comment encourages me.  You don't know how much you guys affect me.crying   you are just too Awesomeness!!!

I just slept the whole day and when I checked, I already have four subscribers added on my list:

switch7

pinkgirl

nobody

naydsbeb

Thank you guys!!!  You make my night!!

Tell me what you guys think!!


I am on to another story and I want to know if you would consider YoonHae.