Chapter Sixteen

Tangled

 

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Kiss Me Goodnight


 

“Are you sure about this?” he asked again.

“Yes!”  There was more than just excitement in Im Yoona’s voice.  It was full of determination.

“Aren’t you supposed to be scared?” Siwon asked, disbelieving that he was talking to Im Yoona.  She looked at it once again and marveled at its size.  It was huge and she wanted to ride it.

“Are you serious?  I am so darn excited about this!” she said.  She looked at his face mischief written all over her face.  “Don’t tell me this is your first time, Choi Siwon.”

“O-of course not!” he said rather defensively.  She laughed at how he almost puffed his chest like a rooster would in confidence.

“Well, come on then,” she said and led him to the queue for the roller coaster.                                                

When he said that they should enjoy the day, she didn’t expect him to take her to a fun park.  It has been a long time before she had been to one.  She remembered how she and Yuri had to disguise themselves as a couple, her as the guy.  It’s different now.  She’s actually with Siwon and they’re alone together.  She could be the woman. 

When they were already seated at the roller coaster, she could see Siwon’s face clearly.  She laughed at how he was pretending to be not scared.

“Oppa, it’s fine, I am here.”  She even patted his hands that were on his knees.

Siwon looked at the doe-eyed beauty next to him.  She was actually the one who was comforting him and it should be the other way around on his rule book.  There was no trace of nervousness in her pretty face.  He could only see excitement and her eyes were almost twinkling because of it.  Suddenly his fear vanished.  He never thought that someone apart from Yuri could affect him like this.  With that same expression, she turned to him.

“Oppa, are you ready to scream?”  Her eyes widened at the extreme excitement and the ride moved, sending his heart out of his ribcage.

“Aaaaaaaah!”


 

Yunho looked at the girl beside him for the umpteenth time already.  She was sleeping soundly and her chin is slightly raised up in the air proudly, making the peeping tip of her tongue visible to him.  He chuckled at the sight.

“Bad habits die hard, huh?”

She has been sleeping like that since she stopped her thumb when she was five.  Boa has always been embarrassed when somebody else could see her sleeping which happened too frequent because she always easily got bored.

The memory made him chuckle.  Looking at her now, she looked like a sleeping angel.  Even this certain angel refused to talk to him the whole day, he still thinks that she’s the most beautiful angel that has graced the Earth.

“Stop staring already, will you?”  The angel suddenly said but definitely an annoyed tone.  Her eyes flicked open and stared back at him, challenging him.  “You were staring at me.”

He merely smiled and nodded.  She gave him no reason to lie.  Why would he deny the truth anyway?  “I was.  We’ve been in front of your dorm for almost an hour already.”

“What?  Why didn’t you wake me up?”  She was almost yelling while trying to get all of her things.

“You were sleeping and I didn’t want to ruin my chance to look at your sleeping face freely.  You still got the habit of showing your tongue.”

She stopped.  She looked up to him and saw only sincerity in his eyes.

“I know that I have been an insensitive jerk to you the whole day.  I was trying to set you up with another guy you didn’t even like and trying to keep you away from Nichkhun.  I might have as well caged you earlier but that’s because I didn’t want you near any guy anymore.  Siwon alone is a handful already.”

Yuri was speechless.  She couldn’t believe what Yunho was saying.  This is the same guy who acted like nothing happened the last night and the guy who was always some steps away from her the whole day scaring every guy who would go near her.

“Tell me Jung Yunho, is there something about you, the night and this freaking car?”  Confusion etched his face.  “You act so weird when we’re in this car during night time.  Darn, you’re starting to creep me out already.  It’s almost like you’re not Jung Yunho that I have known for all these years.  You turn into this mushy Yunho.”

He could feel the frustration in her voice and he was itching to tell her everything, to make her understand his situation but it would just make everything more complicated than it already is.

“It’s not like that.”  It was all he could say.  He never felt so helpless his whole life.

“I know.  I guess everything’s not the same anymore, huh?”

For a moment that no one dared to count, they stayed silent.  They were misunderstanding each other and it was the most tragic thing lovers could go through.  But they needed that silence between them to pacify their screaming feelings towards each other. 

“I’ll get off now.  Good night.”  She got out of his car and disappeared into their dorm’s doors.

His phone vibrated and he stared at it.  It was from his father.

The next board election will be next week.  You should hurry up to secure the position.  You better set a meeting with Im Seung Hun before it is too late.

He sighed.  It’s finally going to end soon.  But before that, he needs to face Im Seung Hun first.


 

If there was something Siwon learned more about Im Yoona, it is that behind the pretty face and angelic smile, was a kid at heart.  They almost rounded up every ride in the park and she was as excited as most of the kids in the park.  Her eyes would light up at the sight of their prospected next ride and her eyes would be full of mischief at his hesitations.  It was far from Im Yoona who needs to look all pretty on TV and from the girl who looked so forlorn earlier that morning.

“Thank you,” she said.  She could have said more than that overrated phrase but it was enough for the time being.  She knew that however she may have fallen deep into Jung Yunho’s charms, Choi Siwon would always hold that part of her first love.

He stopped on his tracks.  It may have just been his mind but he could sense a deep emotional meaning for her gratefulness.  He didn’t know what Yoona has made him but he suddenly became sensitive around her.  He didn’t want to throw away what he’s been feeling for Yuri so it’s better not to entertain those thoughts.

He smiled and came up to her.  He took off the cap that miserably disguised her.  He put a hand on her hair in an attempt to soothe it but ended up ruffling it.  He wanted to show her his support as they both facing the same role.

“Silly.  It’s nothing.  You could always come up to me and don’t you ever feel embarrassed to do it.”

Im Yoona felt the warmth in her heart and smiled so brightly.


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I won't take long here.  Just hoping that you haven't forgotten about this story yet.^^  And oh, please enjoy and comment.  Yay, thank you all so much.  Got two more exams and...YAY.  Updates for Polar and TNFT.