Shop (DH)

The Treasure Island

 

 

Shop DH

 

When I woke up, Eunhyuk wasn´t in the room. Normally he would never leave me alone, I must be perfectly safe here after all. I remembered, what he told me yesterday. I needed to tell myself that I wasn´t a nuisance. I´m his employer, so why am I even being bothered by something like this? It´s his job to cope with my needs. Anyway, now thanks to Kangin, I can use this new weapon called ´Hyukkie´. I laughed loudly.

"Have you gone mad, idiot?" I was caught in my embarrassing evil act. I swear, he always appears like a ghost out of nowhere.

"Ehm, we are going shopping today, right?" I tried to change the subject. Eunhyuk just nodded and signalled me to wash up, then he left, most likely for breakfast. Why is it always so hard to start a day with him smoothly?

After the breakfast, we went to the city. I was in a big city a few times already, but it was back in my country. People here had different clothes and the architecture was diverse too. The streets were crowded, but Eunhyuk was just sliding by as if there weren´t any people at all. In just five minutes I lost him. Smooth, Donghae, what are you going to do now? I should have asked, where we were going. I felt like a lost child, but instead of mommy, I was looking for a reserved lanky man. As I was spacing out in the middle of the crowd, I didn´t notice a dark figure heading straight at me. Suddenly my hand was grabbed by cold and long fingers and I was yanked to the side of the road. I was about to scream when the figure spoke in low voice.

"I´m going to hold your hand so you won´t get lost, bambino." My head shot up. Just in time for my eyes to meet those of my half annoyed and half amused companion. Any protest would be futile and absolutely unwanted. When I can use my new secret weapon?

I decided to concentrate, if I fall down now, my pride would be completely doomed. Eunhyuk was holding my hand, carefully navigating us through the crowd. I noticed he even slowed down. I thought we would go to the market but instead we dived into a very narrow alley, where few houses and shops were located. We went a bit further and stopped in front of a small shop. ´Yesung´s turtles´ was written on the sign and I was about to ask Eunhyuk, what´s the meaning of such a strange name, but then I felt him squeeze my hand a little. I immediately looked at him and for the first time I saw him hesitate. I wonder, who this Yesung guy is, must be even tougher than Kangin.

Eunhyuk gathered his courage and opened the door, a quiet jingle from the bell above. He let go of my hand and went to the desk. I took my time to scan the place. Only one old chandelier was illuminating the small shop, but it was enough to reveal all those fantastic things that were stored inside. On the left, jars and bottles in every possible size and from every possible material stood neatly on shelves. On the right were different types of cloth and textile, some of them made into clothes. At the back near the desk, Eunhyuk was leaning on, strange weapons and utensils were hung. I couldn´t even tell names of the great number of them. But what fascinated me the most were various objects randomised around the whole shop. Stuffed animals, statues from all around the world, cages with birds and a big jar on the desk with living turtles!

"My, my. If this isn´t my favourite Hyukkie," a voice came from the doors at the back. Why do all Eunhyuk´s friends have cute nicknames for this extremely cold and timid guy? Suddenly a person appeared. Guy, a little taller than me, with pink hair was looking at Eunhyuk with a creepy crooked smile.

"Hey, Yesung, have you been well?" My guide calmly said. No reaction to the nickname, at least openly.

"Aah, you know it, always busy. And who is this cutie?" The creepy guy, so called Yesung, turned to me. Now I get it, why was Eunhyuk so hesitating at the door. I would never ever go inside if I knew, what´s there. These were my thoughts, while I was being tightly hugged by the pink haired shop owner. And when he touched my philtrum, I ran to hide behind Eunhyuk. Save me!

"We´re on the way to the north. I need some good clothes and equipment," Eunhyuk spoke up.

"Of course, no problem. Little fish can pick something from over there and you can choose from the closet," Yesung said and pointed to the back door. Eunhyuk helped me pick out some warm clothes and even shoes before he went after the shop keeper.

"And do you still keep that harness for me?" After a while Eunhyuk and Yesung returned. Yesung put some clothes on the counter and went back again. My companion stayed and was checking the amazing wall in front of him.

"Come here, Donghae. Are you able to use any of these?" Eunhyuk said and pointed at the weapons. I´ve never fought in my entire life and all those weapons looked foreign to me. I shook my head. Hyuk sighed, but then his eyes landed on something. Stretching his arm, he pulled it down and gave it to me. Small, funnily shaped axe was lying in my hands. "How about this? You´re a carpenter, aren´t you?" He said.

Well, I know how to use an axe very well, I could even shoot down a bird with it, not that I´ve tried. "Yeah, I think this could work," I smiled.

Eunhyuk nodded. After a few moments of scanning the arsenal, he pulled down a dagger. He already had a similar but smaller one, I saw it when he put down his coat. This one was silver with a carving of a wolf on its handle. No way can he resist this thing and surely, he put it down with the other stuff we were buying.

Yesung returned with a dog harness, seriously? I can´t wait to see Eunhyuk wear it. It looked like those things horses wear to carry stuff on their backs but it had more pockets to store things like bottles or weapons. I let out a small chuckle and Eunhyuk shot me a death glare, but it only made me laugh more.

"Wait, till he wears it, it´s funnier. The wolf is fine but the deer looks so cute with that harness," Yesung added, already laughing too.

"Shut up, Ye, or I´m going to eat your turtles," grumpy Eunhyuk growled. Yesung immediately closed his mouth and started packing and calculating the stuff. Eunhyuk paid for everything, I didn´t even get to know the price. He paid for the room and food too before. I can´t ever pay this back if we don´t find the treasure.

We left the shop, the equipment to be delivered to the tavern. But the money issue was getting to me. What if I ruin my family with those expenses? And honestly, what do I know about Eunhyuk? Won´t he sell me or eat me up if I can´t repay him? I have gotten myself into some serious stuff. I tried to count on my fingers how much money I would be able to get together when Eunhyuk´s hand took mine. I looked between us at the tight hold of our hands with a strange feeling of gratefulness. I don´t know if he did it to stop me from counting or just so I wouldn´t get lost again, but the gesture was appreciated. Thank you.