Pocket (EH)

The Treasure Island

 

 

Pocket EH

 

"Please, take a good care of my Sungmin, Eunhyuk," Leeteuk was holding my hand tightly. I wondered where disappeared the ´Mister´ from my name, I guessed it was Donghae´s doing. Sometimes he had the urge to seek friends for me. I let him do it, although I didn´t want to befriend anyone.

 

We were standing in front of the northern town´s gate. The sun had just risen but I was already tired. I had to keep ensuring the overly caring mayor about Sungmin´s and Donghae´s safety. Leeteuk somehow came to believe that I´m the only responsible one in our small pack. Other members like the vitamin boy or Hae were supposed to be taken care of, and Kyuhyun, who for some reason decided to join us, is just an addition in defence. Instead of being proud of his high thinking of me, I felt burdened. If ever something happens to his cute protégé, he will surely hunt me down.

"As I said, there´s no need to worry. Please let us go already," I pleaded. He nodded and went to annoy the boys.

“I´ll miss you!" The new addition to our group chirped.

Donghae was crying at the scene. At least Kyuhyun sympathized with me. We looked at each other understandingly and started walking out of the town. Somebody had to end this long goodbye. With the status, silence is a virtue, we were rapidly retreating. Our calm moments were indeed destroyed the minute Sungmin and Donghae noticed and came running to us.

"Hyuk, you should have waited," my ´leader´ exclaimed and slapped my arm.

"Then we would have never departed," I said calmly.

After a few kilometres, I looked around if anybody´s near. It was safe so I morphed into a deer and squatted down for Donghae to hop on. When he climbed on me, I stood up and continued walking on the snow covered plain. I heard a small ´cool´ coming from Sungmin, I´m sure, Donghae will make me carry the boy too, sooner or later.

Our journey wasn´t too demanding at the moment. We had a long plain in front of us with nothing but a thin layer of snow. The sun was shining and the wind was calm, nothing could be better. The only problem would come at night. There are no trees nor deep snow to block out the wind and cold. I was thinking what to do with this number of people.

After about three hours of walking, I suddenly didn´t feel well. That´s strange, because we spent most of the time inside these past days. I shouldn´t be tired from the travelling nor the lack of sleep, I ate well too. Maybe it´s just my imagination, I thought.

"Hyukkie, are you alright?" Came Donghae´s voice. Do I even look sick? Is something wrong with me?

"Yeah," I said. I didn´t know what else to answer. It´s not like I knew myself.

After another hour, my state worsened. My head was hurting and my vision was blurred. Without any prior warning, I just slumped to the ground. Poor Donghae rolled down from me and hit the snow right with his face. I wish I could laugh at the sight, but my migraine was out all my energy. My heavy body was just lying there unmoving and hopeless.

"Eunhyuk!" Kyuhyun called and ran to me.

I couldn´t even move, but with lots of effort I forced myself back into the human form, so they could try to help me. I was at my wits´ end. I didn´t have a clue of what was happening to my body. Donghae put my head on his lap, I could smell him but I didn´t have the power to even open my eyes anymore.

"What´s going on? Eunhyuk never feels sick!" Donghae cried. Thanks, Hae, but stop panicking, I can´t assure you now that everything will be alright. I can´t calm you down.

"He shouldn´t be tired nor hungry, he must have eaten something bad," Kyuhyun reasoned. Good, at least someone´s of helphere.

"I know a lot about medicine but I´ve never treated someone like him," Sungmin tried to help too, and kneeled next to Donghae.

Right at that moment my head started spinning like crazy and throbbing with unbelievable force. I jolted up and started vomiting. This was worse than I expected. Sungmin rushed to hold me but it caused the same reaction. I was heaving in great pain. I felt as if I was poisoned or something. Wait! This must be it.

"Sung-min-out," I tried to convey my reasoning as best as I could in the current situation.

Kyuhyun was the first to catch on and pulled Sungmin away from me. Donghae didn´t understand, but frozen by fear decided not to protest against the unfair treatment played on our new companion.

"H-His-b-bag, ugh!" I continued, relying solely on the hunter. Kyuhyun, who was now supporting my weakened body, thought for a while.

"Should I take out the things from his bag?" He asked after a while. I just weakly nodded.

Kyuhyun went to the poor boy and took one of his luggages, the most suspicious one. Sungmin was about to protest, when Donghae put an arm around his shoulders, silent order to give up. I was only glad that Hae managed to pull himself up. In the meantime, Kyuhyun came to me again, only to trigger another seizure. But at least we knew, we were on a good track. He started pulling out stuff from something that was most likely the first aid kit. There were many different kinds of ointments and medicine, bandages and so on. But the object he took out next almost killed me. , this is it!

"Ugh!" I wailed loudly and Kyuhyun immediately understood. A bottle of ammonia.

You may think it´s funny, but to my sensitive nose it´s like a poison. Its intensive smell invades my nostrils and goes straight to my head, causing me headaches, disorientation and even vomiting. You could compare it to a concussion. Ammonia can be used as a breathing stimulant or a fast way to awaken one´s mind. But to me, it´s more than a harsh method, I tell you.

To my relief, Kyuhyun wrapped the bottle into a piece of cloth and with his full strength threw it as far from us as possible. I could still smell it strongly but if we leave the area, everything should be alright soon. Only that I lost too much strength already. While I was lying on the ground, travelling in and out of my consciousness, Kyuhyun made sure Donghae and Sungmin got the situation. When I opened my eyes again, Sungmin was apologizing and Donghae was holding my head again.

"This won´t work. We have to get out of here. I´ll take your bag, Sungmin will take Eunhyuk´s stuff. Donghae, I´m leaving Hyuk in your care," the hunter gave out pretty sensible orders and everyone started moving according to them. I must thank that brat later, he almost saved my life here.

"Hyukkie?" Donghae still sitting on the snow whispered.

"Don´t worry, it´s just for a little while," with that I closed my eyes tightly and transformed into a small mouse. Donghae carefully took me into his warm hands.

The last thing I felt before I fell asleep, was a warm hand soothingly my small back. Heaven. And then I was put together with the warm hand into Donghae´s coat´s pocket.