Dreaming (EH)

The Treasure Island

 

 

Dreaming EH

I entered ´Ryeowook´s giraffes´ and went straight to the back of the small shop. The shop still looked the same, filled with familiar stuff like the one of Yesung´s shop. Only without his fashionable items. Sadly.

 

The reason is simple, you could take this shop as Yesung´s northern franchise with Ryeowook as its owner. Everything here was placed low, because of the owner´s small height, which made it look all the more cute. Opening the back door which had a staircase hidden behind, with a huge grin on my face, I yelled.

 

"Wookie! Where are you?" Then I heard hurried steps from upstairs. I hoped he won´t fall.

 

"Hukkie!" Before I could react, a small body was attached to mine in a tight embrace. The rest of the group finally dared to enter the shop and was staring at us.

"Oh, hello! You must be Eunhyuk´s friends. I´m Ryeowook, the owner of this shop," the little man bowed politely. He was smiling charmingly and his eyes were shiny, he was glad to see me and it made me feel welcome.

"Hey, Wookie. Could we spend the night in here? I´ll make a big purchase too since I need to buy some equipment," I said, putting my hand on his shoulder.

Ryeowook was beyond pleased and ushered us quickly to the first floor, through the hidden stairwell, where was his house. I guess, he didn´t have any guests for a while. There are certainly less travellers up in the north.

"There are two guest rooms on the second floor, put your things there and freshen yourself up before I make the dinner," Wookie cheered so I showed others the way.

I´ve been here already plenty of times. I would share the room with Donghae of course, leaving the second room for Sungmin and Kyuhyun. I left all my luggage and the heavy coat in the bedroom and rushed down to my favourite shop owner. Donghae didn´t look very happy, but I had something important to do. I would ask about his mood later.

I went straight down to the shop where Ryeowook was already waiting for me. I could see a few things I would need already gathered on the table. As expected, professional shop owner is the best.

"Wookkie, you´re really quick. I´m travelling north this time, I need full equipment if possible," I answered to his question about my needs.

"Right away? Without any further notice?" the small owner exclaimed, but I knew, that it´s just for show.

Just like Yesung´s, this shop has everything and I am a special customer, I would always get what I want. The smirk appearing on Ryeowook´s face told me I was right. In twenty minutes I had all the best equipment possible gathered. The quality was what I was looking for and I could trust that Ryeowook wouldn´t sell me anything faulty. I quickly paid and we both went back upstairs before my friends start looking for me.

I sat on the sofa in the main room and Ryeowook went to prepare us something to eat. Later, curious Sungmin, refreshed Kyuhyun and grumpy Donghae came down too. What´s with Hae again? He didn´t even look at me and sat next to Sungmin. He was sulking, did I do something wrong again? Can´t we be on good terms for more than two days?

"Here we go!" Ryeowook sang and put first two plates on the low but long table in the living room.

Many plates followed afterwards and I felt like in heaven. If you were wondering, why I called Wookie my favourite shop keeper, here you have the gorgeous reason. He´s a great cook, I always feel so homey at his place. I couldn´t wait to stuff my stomach with all those delicious foods. Three types of fried meat, pickled vegetables, potatoes, pancakes, meat cake, buns with spinach, onion bread, cream sauce and, oh that awesome blueberry pie. If this was a dream, I didn´t want to wake up anymore.

"Why are you always like that? It´s just food," Ryeowook stomped into my dreamland, rolling his eyes.

"You know, if you couldn´t make this ´just food´, I wouldn´t even knock on your door," I countered and almost didn´t dodge a hand aiming for a good slap on my head. That was close.

"Okay, sorry mom," I tried to calm him down, so he would let me dig into the food. But then I looked at Donghae, he was still looking depressed. I didn´t know what could bring up his mood. Perhaps food? It works for me.

"Wookie? Donghae likes fish, don´t you have something like that?" I asked the host. He was struck by my sudden seriousness. With a nod of his head Ryeowook ran off to the kitchen.

"Hyuk, how can you ask him something like this? The table is full already," Donghae scolded me. He seemed confused, as if he didn´t know if he should still be grumpy.

"No can do. Wookkie is the best cook I know, I´m sure he will prepare the most delicious fish for you," I smiled widely at him.

“That´s not it, Eunhyuk,” he sighed but then a small smile crept on his face. He looked a lot happier and combining it with the table full of my favourite food, I was on high. I knew that the food would work, it was about food, right?

"Sorry for the wait," Ryeowook put down a swiftly grilled fish with butter and lemon in font of Hae and sat with us to the table. Donghae rubbed my back a little and then finally turned to the table.

Soon the room was filled with chatter and laugh, especially when Kyuhyun got a hold of hot wine. I wanted the time to just stop. Donghae was now sitting next to me telling one of his stories and I was listening while eating the blueberry pie. The room was warm and the food was good and everything got even better when Ryeowook brought Sungmin a guitar. I knew, that Wookie can sing really well, but I was surprised by my companions. Sungmin and Kyuhyun had great voices too and when they started singing a well-known song, the harmony was close to perfect. My sensitive ears would recognize if the sound was lacking.

But what surprised me the most was Donghae. He had a strange accent but his voice was so deep and soothing. I felt shivers run down my spine when that sweet sound reached my sensitive hearing. I was shaken so badly that I even stopped eating and only listened. How did I live my life until know? Without comfort and warmness all those people were giving away. I wanted to avoid relationships with humans, to me they were only greedy and hateful creatures. I´ve always been only a guide for rich, a guard dog and mule for their expensive possessions. If I became too careless, I would get hurt by them. I didn´t try to make friends. There were some exceptions like Kangin or Yesung, but it´s more like they forced themselves on me. I had a lot to learn but I honestly wasn´t sure if I wanted. Won´t I get hurt again?

"Hyukkie, are you alright?" Donghae asked me carefully so no one would notice. His chocolate brown eyes were watching me with sincere concern. No, this person is definitely harmless.

"Hae, sorry for ignoring you earlier," I spoke up the thought that somehow appeared on my mind not long after Donghae stopped frowning. Maybe that´s why I seemed down.

"You were looking forward to the food, right?" Donghae against my expectations laughed and I felt embarrassed, because indeed, he nailed it perfectly. I hang my head low. He laughed again.

"Come on, sing with us, Hyukkie!" My gentle friend was really excited. I wish, I could fulfil his request, but my singing ability isn´t comparable to that of Kyuyhun or my favourite shop keeper.

"This guy can´t sing at all,” Wookie chuckled, “but you can wail if you want, Hyukkie!" The end of peace, Ryeowook!