Mayor (DH)

The Treasure Island

 

 

Mayor DH

We were sitting in a huge dining room eating dinner. Eunhyuk next to me was talking to the town mayor and Kyuhyun was busy flirting with the mayor´s sister. This is boring, I thought. I want to talk too, but Hyukkie is as always being overly protective, not letting me near anyone unfamiliar. Nonsense, as if anything could happen. I was about to say something when my right sleeve got stuck to the chair handle. I pulled it out in one harsh movement, but I accidentally hit a mug with hot tea that was standing on the table in front of Hyuk.

"Donghae!" Eunhyuk hissed in pain and started wiping his pants. Frowning and frantically pulling on his pants.

"Oh! I´m sorry! It was an accident!" I panicked and wanted to help him. I brought out my handkerchief.

"Don´t touch there! I´ll do it myself," does he have to be so sensitive? I was already irritated enough. Kyuhyun was laughing his off and I saw the mayor, Leeteuk was his name, holding back his laugh too. This really, I want to go to my room.

"Donghae, right? I´ve heard a lot about you from Mr. Eunhyuk. You seem to be pretty brave and interesting person. I would like to have a talk with you, is that okay?" Leeteuk said still in quite amused tone and I totally forgot, that I was about to leave.

"Of course! Is there something you would like to know?" I glanced at Eunhyuk, who ran out of the room. Probably to change his pants.

"It´s more like I have a favour to ask. I´ve already tried to persuade Mr. Eunhyuk, but he told me that you´re the leader of the group," Leeteuk smiled at me. I´m the leader? Sounds cool to me, but not very accurate. Hyukkie´s the one who does all the work.

"May I be frank with you," the mayor was being overly polite. I was a carpenter and wasn´t used to being treated like that. It was Eunhyuk´s fault for setting the standard too high. Leeteuk is so uncomfortable that he even calls him ´Mister´.

"Speak comfortably, please. With Hyukkie too," I said with a smile. I´m sure, Hyuk with that stupid personality of his would never ask himself.

"Then the same goes for you too,” the mayor nodded. “But I heard, that you´re on your way to the north on some kind of an expedition?" He suddenly changed the topic.

"You could say it like that too. We are looking for a place, I don´t know if I can tell you the details, though," the old me would spill the truth about the Treasure Island in an instant, but a few weeks with Eunhyuk made me more careful.

"I see, it´s just that I know this one young man, who would like to travel in that direction, but you don´t find very often a group travelling north. You see, it´s quite dangerous and everything. I wouldn´t let him go alone or with somebody unreliable, but you have a hunter and a morpheles in your crew," Leeteuk was looking at me apologetically while scraping the back of his head.

"So, you´re saying, you want him to join us? But you don´t even know where are we going," was he for real? We only just met and most people are scared of Eunhyuk. Hell, the man himself is possibly nervous from my guide.

"I´m really sorry to ask this of you. But he´s a good kid. He´s strong and very positive, I´m sure he wouldn´t be a burden for you. And of course, I would pay for all his expenses or anything else," Leeteuk was practically begging.

When I think about it, why not? Kyuhyun wanted to stay here and I got used to a little bigger group. The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to agree. And I did. Eunhyuk then came back in clean pants and saw me shaking hands with Leeteuk.

"Did I miss something?" Hyuk looked at me and raised his eyebrows. Oops, forgot about him. Well, it´s settled anyway.

"I´ll call him then, so you two can meet," Leeteuk smiled and whispered something to one of his maids who left immediately afterwards.

"What´s going on, Hae?" Eunhyuk asked me nervously.

I admit, that I might have agreed to Leeteuk´s idea, because I was still mad at Hyuk for isolating me so much. Now I felt as if I was betraying him, he had better judgement in things like these. He got last time almost killed by a hunter because of me. But before I could answer him, loud voice interrupted me.

"Hello, you must be those travellers! My name is Sungmin! Thank you for taking me with you!"

Short bright guy said and flashed a smile. This is bad, I didn´t get the chance to explain anything. I looked at Eunhyuk but his expression was unreadable. He just walked to Sungmin and coldly gave him his hand.

"I´m Eunhyuk, nice to meet you Sungmin," he said politely, but without even a smile on his long face. That didn´t stop Sungmin´s happy attitude, though. It would be great if we had a vitamin like that in our group.

"Since we´re companions, we should get to know each other," and then he hurried to greet me and Kyuhyun too.

The rest of the evening was awkward for me. Sungmin ended up happily chatting with Kyuhyun and I kept answering Leeteuk´s curious questions. Eunhyuk concentrated only on his plate and I knew, he´s angry. Or maybe just sad, that thought was scaring me even more.

After the dinner, we bid goodbye to Leeteuk and Sungmin and went to our respective rooms. But Eunhyuk´s silence has continued even after that. I wanted him to get mad at me or at least show some emotions. I didn´t like it when he acted cold. I felt like I was apologizing too much these days. This needs a change of pace, I didn´t know if it would work, though.

"Why do you have to act like that, Eunhyuk! You were sulking like a kid, grow up!”

Hyuk was stunned by my sudden outburst. I´ll make him talk to me no matter what. Let´s just pray, he won´t kill me instead. I need to push more. "Really, and Leeteuk was so friendly too!" His expression finally changed.

"What? Of course I´m not happy when you make decisions behind my back," Eunhyuk retorted, still holding back.

"You said it yourself that I´m the leader!" I tried to push more. I wasn´t arguing about the issue, I simply tried to piss him off. It was a good idea, right?

"But you could have waited, until I return," Eunhyuk was slowly getting pissed.

"I told you, that I would help you with your pants!" I shifted the topic to push his buttons.

"Who ing told you, you could touch my crotch?!" Eunhyuk finally exploded, his face reddening.

"Sorry, I didn´t want to disturb you."

Kyuhyun closed the door as abruptly as he had opened them a second ago. Silence.

Then my friend hiccupped. I would laugh at his dark red shade if I wasn´t sporting a blush myself. I kept looking at my toes in embarrassment. I couldn´t believe, what had just happened. I have to explain everything to Kyuhyun tomorrow, in case he got the wrong idea.

"Pfft, hahaha," Eunhyuk suddenly burst out laughing. Seeing him, I started laughing too.

"You´re an idiot, Donghae. I can´t be even mad at you," Hyukkie exclaimed, holding his stomach. We laughed for good ten minutes and then Eunhyuk walked to me and lightly rubbed my head. Sometimes he treated me as if I was also a dog or something. It made me feel warm because I knew it was sincere.

We promised not to make any hasted decisions. Eunhyuk said that Sungmin looked like a good guy and agreed to take him with us and maybe even tell him about the Treasure Island later. I couldn´t wait until we set off on the journey again!