Jam (DH)

The Treasure Island

 

 

Jam DH

When I woke up, something was different. Instead of being curled in thick silver fur, my body was wrapped by long arms. Eunhyuk had his hands clasped on my stomach and his head was leaning on my unharmed shoulder. Usually he would be the one to wake up early, but he must have been too tired. I´ve seen Hyuk changing his form every day, but nothing was more beautiful than the owl. Wide wings, snow white feathers and those familiar round brown eyes, gliding above the mountains. Really, this guy never fails to surprise me.

“Mhm," the hold around me tightened and then completely loosened, "is it morning already?" Mumbles came from the raven head on my shoulder.

"Yeah, but you don´t have to wake up, Hyukkie," I could tell, he was still tired and I didn´t want him to take away the warmth. I felt comfortable and warm in his embrace, when else will I get the chance to be this close to the cold morpheles?

"I´m hungry," and with only this one sentence, he shakily stood up and went hunting for a breakfast. There are things that never change.

Ten minutes later I was sitting next to Kyuhyun, we were both laughing out loud. The sight in front of us was just too cute. The almighty silver wolf was the strawberry jam that got smashed yesterday and spilled all over the backpack. Eunhyuk said, that it would be a waste to just clean it off. So here he was, head in the rucksack, waving his tail like crazy. We didn´t have to fear his wrath because that jam was for Eunhyuk like a magical weapon, or hypnosis. That´s why were boldly laughing our off here.

After the strawberry show finished, we ate breakfast and set off down from the mountain. The city wasn´t too far anymore, the way down was a lot shorter and faster. Eunhyuk wouldn´t let me walk today at all and Kyuhyun didn´t help me persuade him. I was starting to think, that the hunter wasn´t on my side anymore, he would often rather agree with the guide. But my Hyuk didn´t change his attitude towards the younger. Too bad, Kyuhyun!

On the third and last day of our trip down, another accident happened. Although my shoulder didn´t hurt much anymore, I was still forced to ride the deer. Kyuhyun had to carry more stuff, which I found out was his in the first place. I can´t believe he made Hyukkie carry all those hunting goods over the mountain. But the supplies were already eaten so at least this made the harness lighter. I saw a smoke coming from somewhere further down and I knew, we are already close to our destination. We should reach the town by this evening.

"Kyuhyun, guard up!" Eunhyuk suddenly ordered and the hunter pulled out and loaded his gun.

A minute later I wasn´t sitting on brown deer´s back but silver wolf´s. I tightened the straps around him so the harness wouldn´t fall off together with me. In the tense atmosphere, we carefully continued down the path. Eunhyuk kept sniffing and once in a while he growled. I was holding tight on the harness, in case he would start running. I had absolutely no idea what was going on.

"Here it goes! On the left!" Hyuk howled and started dashing away.

As I looked back, I saw a huge wild boar running towards us. The boars are more dangerous than people think, we need to get out of here quickly. Then I remembered Kyuhyun. He hid behind a tree, making us the boars’ target. I started panicking but the calmness of the both of my companions made me curious.

"Don´t fall, Hae!" And then Eunhyuk suddenly rapidly stopped and jumped to the left in a swift movement.

Loud Bam! Bam! Bam! Echoed through the forest and then a thud, signalling the wild boar´s downfall. Impossible. These two had it all planned. And I thought, they could never cooperate. Kyuhyun put down the still hot gun and was walking to us with satisfaction.

"Great! Thanks, now I´ll sell this in the city. I don´t have to worry about money for a long time," the hunter grinned.

"You! You knew, the boar was near, but you didn´t chase it away on purpose!" I got mad at Eunhyuk. He could have just howled and the animal wouldn´t dare to come closer. And he even let us become a decoy!

"What if I had fallen? My shoulder is still not good! You were risking our lives!" He needed some good scolding. I felt him tremble beneath me.

Eunhyuk´s ears drooped and he put his tail between legs. Perfect, just repent now. I crossed my arms and clicked my tongue. I wasn´t really that mad, but it was fun feeling the domination for once. Kyuhyun didn´t say a word, too scared. We tied up the dead boar with ropes and then attached it to the back of Eunhyuk´s harness. Usually I would protest against putting too much burden on Eunhyuk, but today I was playing offended.

Halfway to the city, Hyukkie quietly whined. I knew he was holding it all back, I knew he felt guilty. Good, I was itching to relieve his pain. So I jumped down and he looked at me surprised.

"I heard you," I said, not forgetting to put on a pout. I even thought, I was being too cruel towards him.

"I´m sorry, Donghae, really. Forgive me," he sounded pretty down and I didn´t have the heart to continue with my act.

"Of course, Hyukkie. You are off,” I rubbed him between his furry ears. “And don´t worry, Kyuhyun is getting his punishment now!" And with that I made the poor hunter put his backpack on his chest and let me climb on his back. As expected, no protests. Eunhyuk chuckled.

It took us about three hours to get down. The four of us were standing in front of the opened city gates. Me, our tired deer, even more tired hunter and the dead pig. This is it, finally the end of our tiring journey. Meeting wolves, a hunter, an avalanche and a boar, after all that mess we were still alive and I couldn´t wait for another adventure. I´m a stupid traveller, but I have the best guide. Eunhyuk morphed into his two-legged form and stretched himself. He left the boar in Kyuhyun´s care.

"Hey, Hyukkie,” the man turned to look at me. I had always his full attention. “I´ll buy you a strawberry jam from the mountain strawberries later!" And with this promise, we stepped into the town at once.