Cabin (DH)

The Treasure Island

 

 

Cabin DH

 

I didn´t quite grasp the situation yet. Here I was about to bid Hyukkie good night when Kyuhyun suddenly aimed a gun at him. Eunhyuk was looking at me pleadingly. Ow, I get it now! I´m so stupid! I have to explain for him.

 

"K-Kyuhyun, put the gun down, please," I stuttered. I should have said more but having a gun pointed at your friend can take words from your mouth.

"Donghae, don´t worry, I´ll shoot that beast. I promise, I won´t hit you," Kyuhyun ensured me and got ready to kill Eunhyuk. What should I do? I was frozen.

"Hey, calm down, please. I´ll move for a bit now. Don´t shoot, okay?" The wolf announced slowly, taking the paws from the bed. Kyuhyun was dumbstruck by the talking wolf and Eunhyuk had enough time to morph into his initial form. He was now kneeling on the floor, not moving an inch. The situation was dangerous.

"It´s me, Eunhyuk. I´m sorry for scaring you, I just forgot about you," my companion stood up and carefully walked to the hunter.

But Kyuhyun woke up from his shock and aimed again. The barrel was now pressed in the middle of Hyuk´s chest. To say I was frightened is an understatement. I was utterly terrified by the current situation. I don´t know, what would I do without Hyukkie now in these mountains. But more then that I wouldn´t be able to bear seeing him die like that. I wanted to cry, but I didn´t want to make even bigger panic, so I just let my tears slide down my cheeks silently.

"Kyuhyun, there´s no need to be scared. I won´t hurt anyone. Lower the gun, please. Can´t you see, I´m surrendering?" Eunhyuk was very calm. His voice didn´t waver even a tiny bit when the hunter was pushing the gun painfully into his chest. If I wasn´t scared to death, I would have been amazed.

"Okay. But don´t come near us! Go stand there," Kyuhyun said nervously and pointed to the fireplace. Nevertheless, lowered his gun. Eunhyuk slowly moved and silently stood himself on the place. His eyes focused on the cottager. Few long minutes passed. I wanted him to look at me, to assure me everything´s.

"Donghae. Don´t cry," a whisper. As always, Hyuk could read me as an open book. I sniffed loudly, no need to hide it anymore and wiped my tears. Kyuhyun looked at me and it seemed as if he was calming down himself by those words. Then he finally spoke.

"Want to explain to me? Who are you? A werewolf? If that´s the case, then I won´t have mercy!" His attitude might be even worse than Hyuk´s, I´ve noticed that earlier but pretended I wasn´t aware.

"Morpheles. I am a morpheles. A creature with the ability to change forms. Just like you, I have a job, I´m not here to bite you," Eunhyuk tonelessly explained. But something wasn´t right. Where do I know this tone from?

"If I didn´t have that job, you´d be dead by now," he finished with a snarky remark. Now I know. Eunhyuk´s pissed and a lot. I should praise him later for enduring for so long. If I wasn´t there, he would have already eaten Kyuhyun up. Nasty.

"Hyuk! Don´t say things like that," I scolded, I didn´t want any new bad blood. But I didn´t dare to look up, I didn´t see his reaction.

"So, you´re saying, you can change into an anial. But why would you do it in a house full of hunting trophies and the hunter himself sitting right next to you? Are you a complete or what?" Kyuhyun exclaimed half still confused, half amused.

"I always sleep in that form! Why do you think I lied down on the floor?! And yeah, my mistake, but try to carry all that stuff and this idiot on your back the whole day and let´s see how awesomely will your brain work!" Eunhyuk finally blew off, dramatically waving his hands.

"Are you a mule?" Kyuhyun started laughing hysterically. This isn´t good.

"Not a mule, he´s a deer. Very beautiful deer, don´t be rude Kyuhyun," I tried to defend my friend. Not very well, apparently.

"A deer? You can change into a deer too? So that´s why you looked so pale during the dinner! Ah, my stomach, haha!" The hunter was now officially cracking up on the ground, his gun forgotten.

But I realized something sad. I haven´t talked to Eunhyuk during the evening at all. I didn´t even thought about that dinner incident and I´ve been scolding him every time he opened his mouth. He talks rarely but I left him be insulted by Kyuhyun without a chance to defend himself for the whole night. I felt like an idiot. I looked at him and felt even worse. He was still standing next to the fireplace with his eyes tightly closed and fists clenched. His teeth were bared and his gums were completely visible. I knew he was angry but holding back, probably for my sake.

I got up and went to him. He was so engrossed in his inner fight, that he didn´t even notice me, which is really odd. I didn´t know what to do to calm him down. He could have lashed at me anytime. But I needed to do something, anything. So I just embraced him very tightly. Eunhyuk jumped from the sudden touch, but didn´t do anything. I couldn´t see his face and it didn´t matter, because I felt so many things right now. Calm down. Don´t be angry. Don´t push yourself. Thank you. I´m sorry.

"I´m sorry."

We were standing there for a few moments. The laughter died down thankfully. I felt Eunhyuk burry his head into the crook of my neck, he didn´t hug me back. I felt his muscles slowly relax and I lightly patted his back and brushed through his wet raven hair. Soon I heard a tired sigh leaving his lips and a small ´I´m alright´.

When we broke the hug I looked at Kyuhyun, who was just playing with his fingers. Maybe he figured it out. He just nearly escaped the death tonight.

"Let´s go to sleep and talk tomorrow," I said and everybody went to their respective spots.

Kyuhyun jumped on the couch, Hyukkie curled down on the floor and I went to the bed. I was so glad that everything turned out fine at the end. It didn´t look like that moments ago. Eunhyuk almost died from a bullet, Kyuhyun under the paws of my friend and I from all that stress. I heavily breathed out and closed my eyes. But just before I zoned out, the stupid hunter opened his mouth once more.

"Good night, ruminant!"

Low growl came from under the bed. Oh God, just kill me already!