Snow (EH)

The Treasure Island

 

 

Snow EH

 

It´s been almost a week since we entered the mountains. The air was getting colder and we were starting to come across the snow already. Sometimes, when we would leave the dense forest, picturesque view would catch our sight. The sun was illuminating snow covered tips of the mountains and everything looked as if the time had stopped. Especially Donghae seemed blown away by that since he has never seen snow in his entire life. He was like a small child playing around.

"Hey! Stop it you fish!" a snowball hit my face once again today.

"But it´s so much fun, Hyukkie. And you look cute with the snow on your antlers," Donghae burst out laughing. Yeah, thanks.

Our relationship improved very much here in the wild. Donghae became more comfortable with me and chattier, if that was even possible. He had no problem talking back to me by now and often I found myself working under his command. Insane, right? Bam! Another snowball.

"Donghae," I warned.

Bam! Okay, now I´ve had it! This little needs to be taught some manners! Losing my weak patience, I turned human in a split of a second. I jumped easily from the harness and run straight for bewildered Donghae.

"Hyuk!" Before he could say anything, I had him pinned down, unfortunately for him with his face in the snow. Donghae was lying on his belly and I was sitting on his back, making sure he gets to eat enough of the icy treat.

“Hmpf!" Donghae´s muffled voice made me laugh. Finally, I get my fun too.

Deciding I was satisfied, I stood up and picked my poor friend from the ground. As expected, Donghae was pouting but his face was all red from the cold and some of the snow got stuck in his hair and clothes. I was still laughing but nevertheless helping Hae brush off the snow.

"That´s not funny, Eunhyuk," Donghae tried to look angry, but I saw his lips twitching. I didn´t laugh aloud anymore, just to be safe, and returned to the baggage.

We continued our cold journey through the mountains, soon it was getting dark. I was about to stop and make a camp before the sun sets, learnt my lesson, when I spotted a light. There not far from us was a small cottage and surprisingly inhabited. This is good, we could stay the night there. People from the mountains are usually very hospitable.

We arrived to the cabin and I knocked on the door. At first nothing happed, but when I put my hand up to knock one more time, the door harshly opened, almost hitting me in the face. There inside stood a handsome tall man with chestnut brown hair but with a very annoyed face.

"What do you want?" The man said not so nicely. Hospitable my .

"We are on our way across the mountains, would you mind if we stayed the night at your place, sir? Of course, we could pay you," I asked as politely and patiently as I could. It took me a lot of energy.

"No," a short answer.

This little ! I´m going to bite off the head of this insolent brat! And after that I´m going to poke out his eyes with my antlers, I wonder how hospitable he would be after that. Hospitalized, the most. Donghae must have sensed my change of mood and rushed to save the situation. Coming out from behind me, he put on his best smile.

"Sir, please. Just this one night. It´s very cold and we haven´t slept under the roof for so long," Donghae said cutely and looked at the ´insolent brat´ with his puppy eyes. No one can resist this look. I know it from the first hand.

"Okay. Come inside," the guy mumbled. You see? No one! Not even arrogant mountain bastards.

We entered the cabin and the warmth from a big fireplace immediately hit our numb bodies. The cottage had only one big room. On the left, there was a small kitchenette and something what looked like a storage room, just without the ´room´ part. On the right, there was a small bed and a bookcase. The middle of the room dominated the big fireplace, a sturdy wooden table in front of it and brown leather couches with white pillows on them. The whole room was filled with trophies. Hunting trophies to be exact. Antlers of different sizes were hung on the walls alongside skins of smaller animals like badgers, squirrels or foxes. On the couches were three wolf furs and a big bear fur was under the table. I made it a point not to animalize in front of this guy.

"I´m Donghae and this is Eunhyuk, my guide," Donghae spoke up. And unexpectedly that insolent guy happily answered.

"My name is Kyuhyun. I´m a hunter," insolent Kyuhyun said and shook his hand with Donghae. What´s with the change of character?

We put down our heavy stuff and changed into some clean clothes. It felt nice to sit on a warm floor and dry my wet hair. Donghae wasn´t talking to me. He pretended to be mad for my snow attack earlier. But I knew, he would stop it as soon as he would feel bored. Kyuhyun in the meantime went to made us some dinner. Maybe he isn´t that bad.

"Here´s a meat with roasted potatoes. Yesterday I shot a nice deer. It´s fun hunting them and the meat tastes great," Kyuhyun called and I felt my hands go cold. This guy is scary.

"You alright, monkey-man? You look pale," Kyuhyun shot again.

I was about to jump at him when I felt Donghae grab my shoulder. I looked up at him and he shook his head. Clear do-not-make-any-problem-here signal. I intercepted well. Heaving a sigh, I just dug into my food while Kyuhyun and Donghae were caught up in a conversation. I was kind of hurt, that Hae didn´t try to understand my situation. God, I was a deer just forty minutes ago, and now I´m eating one. It´s just luck that my wolf form loves the taste. And on top of that monkey-man innuendo again. I´ll just learn how to transform into a monkey and every time I hear someone call me like that, I´ll hit him with a banana.

"It´s not like I hunt just to sell my trophies on the market, it´s my passion," I overheard Kyuhyun say. So he´s a gamer. That´s even more dangerous.

The evening went like that and after some time we decided to call it a day. Kyuhyun would sleep on the couch, letting Donghae take his bed. I insisted on sleeping on the ground next to the bed. But when I heard Donghae saying good night to me, I made a fatal mistake. Through the time we spent together, we established a habit that he would pat me on my head before going to sleep as his way to say thanks for me becoming his pillow. And as a stupid canine I was, I morphed into a wolf and put my paws on the bed, expecting my goodnight pat.

It took Kyuhyun just ten seconds before I had a barrel of his gun pointed to my head.