Trouble (EH)

The Treasure Island

 

 

Trouble EH

Red stripes from the setting sun were the only light in the room. Cold and wet floor made it impossible to sit down and let my tired body rest. The small room was made from stones, iron bars decorating a tiny window and a heavy wooden door. Yes, I, Eunhyuk was locked up in a prison. How could something like that happen? Ask a person named Donghae. He might give you some answers. I don´t have the nerves to explain.

"H-Hey, stranger," a guard called at me scared. I wasn´t in mood to act all too nice, so I just let out a low growl, making the guard shiver. Even if I was in my human form, people felt that there was something feral about me.

"I-I mean, Sir. Someone would like to meet you. S-So I need to take you there, please," the guard whined awkwardly. His speech was more than just pitiful.

This was kind of funny. He was talking politely all of a sudden and even pleaded. Not wanting to lose my chance, I quietly stepped out of a shadow and made my way out of the cell. My clothes dark, raven hair falling over my face, my beastly eyes shining. The guard was utterly terrified and I greatly amused.

I was invited to a nice villa, very close to the town centre. If I should guess, I would say this is the town mayor´s house. I was showed into a huge warm room that screamed wealth. Comfortable furniture from dark wood, carpet from a polar bear, red curtains and huge fireplace dominating the whole room. Just my style, clean and elegant.

Someone entered the room. The man, probably in his late thirties, looked at me and showed me a professional smile. I bowed to him slightly, because I´m a polite wolf after all, and I knew, that this person must have been very important.

"Good evening. My name is Leeteuk, I´m the mayor of this town," the dimpled man introduced himself. He walked around me a little warily, I watched him tentatively.

"Eunhyuk, nice to meet you," I replied. I wouldn´t let my guard down, but this man was somehow charming. I felt like he would be of help.

"Let´s sit down first," we sat on the comfortable leather seats near the fireplace. "You made quite an uproar in my town, Mr. Eunhyuk," Leeteuk started.

Yeah, an uproar. I thought back to just about three hours ago. I was with Donghae and Kyuhyun, looking for a tavern to stay. On the main square I lost Donghae again, he´s hopeless when it comes to crowded places. But the moment I saw him, I had a shock of my life. Again. He was standing on the main road, not realizing a fast carriage was closing up. Not having time to run there, I instinctively morphed into a wolf and jumped to his help. I was in the midst of scolding the brat, when I was almost shot to death. Of course in this northern city, people didn´t hesitate to shoot at wild animals. I quickly turned human just in time to get accused of sorcery. I didn´t want to endanger Hae any more so I left him in Kyuhyun´s care and surrendered myself. And that´s how I was taken into custody.

I got pretty annoyed just thinking about the whole situation. It was just too stupid and absurd. Leeteuk must have sensed my cranky mood and spoke up in a cheerful tone. And I knew immediately, why he was chosen as a mayor.

"Please, don´t feel offended, Mr. Eunhyuk. People here are not very used to different creatures," Leeteuk said in a diplomatic voice. "I myself can´t believe, that I have a real morpheles in my humble home," his tone got more excited. Should I feel honoured?

"I´m sure, you´re not in mood right now to satisfy my curiosity, but I would be glad if you stayed in my town for a few days."

"My friend is injured, so I have plans to stay here for at least three days," I answered visibly calmer than before.

"Oh, please, I would like to accommodate you all in this house, if you don´t mind. Be my guest," Leeteuk suddenly said. He seemed excited. It might be a good idea. Donghae needs some good treatment and with the uproar earlier, it may be difficult to find a good place to stay. Therefore I agreed.

It took Leeteuk just about an hour to find and move my friends to his house. Kyuhyun got his separated room, but I insisted on rooming with Donghae. As if I could leave him alone. Our room was big and bright, decorated in white colours. We were currently sitting on a huge fluffy bed, one of the fanciest I´ve ever seen. The doctor left moments ago, after attending to Donghae´s injured shoulder and some other hidden bruises. As I saw the state his body was in, I felt like I needed to work harder. Silence filled the room.

"Hyukkie?" Donghae spoke up, looking down at his hands in his lap. He was sitting on the bed, his legs under the duvet. I was sitting close to him on the side of the bed.

"Mm?" I answered by humming, as always when I lacked confidence to face him.

"Are you mad at me? I caused you troubles again. I´m sorry," Donghae uttered.

I wasn´t mad. I´m never angry at him, even if I seem to be, I just can´t. But I felt pretty down right now, because those three hours I spent in the cell were only filled with worries about him. I was scared, that those people went after him too, or that Kyuhyun didn´t manage to take care of him properly. And it made me quite depressed and unbelievingly tired. My body was sore too.

"No, but don´t scare me anymore, get it?" I tried to sound stern. Donghae nodded, but a small smile crept up his lips.

Leeteuk had our dinner served in our rooms. I was grateful because I was tired to death. We ate the classy food and Donghae was speaking again, his good mood was back. After the dinner, we simply went to sleep. For the first time I climbed up the bed too. I didn´t want to risk another transformation in this town and lying on the floor like that wasn´t very comfortable. Especially since I had to face the luxurious bed. I made sure, not to invade Hae´s space and squeezed myself into the corner of the bed, falling asleep there.

Or so I thought! The next morning I woke up early as always, just to find myself curled around Donghae. I was in my human form but my limbs were protectively hugging Donghae. Old habits die hard. I hurried away before he wakes up and finds me there, all embarrassed, in attempt to burn my face with blush.

"Oh! Good morning, Mr. Eunhyuk! Have you slept well?" Leeteuk´s voice rang when I arrived downstairs.

"Leeteuk, thank you for letting us stay at your place, it was a great help," I felt the need to thank him for the hospitability.

"The pleasure is mine. Come on, breakfast is ready!" Yes! Yes! I´m so hungry, let´s see what they serve in the north.

The two of us ate the breakfast together and agreed to have a dinner with my friends. I had to take care of many things and Leeteuk has his job too, but I promised him answers to all his questions as thanks for his help. I was sure Donghae would be happy to entertain him with his never-ending stock of stories. This house was our last long stay before looking for the Treasure Island.